Why let twinks back?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
When I leveled my first toons in BC a player couldn't even think about stepping into a bg in the 19 or 29 bracket without getting roflstomped by a twink whose only agenda was to play one of those brackets forever and ever. I, like many people, just wanted to have a little fun in bgs while I leveled up. The game rules, however, didn't allow for any fun in those brackets if you were just passing through. If you stepped into a bg at the 19 bracket and weren't a twink you were less than a pawn, you were irrelevant to the match. All you could do was hope the twinks on your side were better than the ones on the other side.

In wrath (I think) they made it so you gained xp in bg's. You could turn off xp but then you would only be grouped with other people that turned off xp as well. Before this change I wouldn't enter a bg until the 40 bracket. Now I could enter them at anytime and it was so much better. A 19 bg was fun for the first time, for me anyway.

Fast forward to BFA. I haven't leveled a toon from scratch in a good long while. I'm really unhappy with this xpac so I thought I'd level a toon and do bg's. I only do a couple bg's and find out twinking is back. Seriously? Are you kidding me? Why!?

Is this true and why would they bring them back?
I never allowed them in my Garrison dungeon to begin with... oh, wait. That kind of twink! I'm not entirely sure why, to be honest. Maybe the queue times?
Really?
This is an outrage.
10/27/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Minißuster
Really?
10/27/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Zedsundead
When I leveled my first toons in BC a player couldn't even think about stepping into a bg in the 19 or 29 bracket without getting roflstomped by a twink

There was no 19, 29 brackets in TBC......try again.

The old twink brackets were 60 all the way up until Cata.

All brackets ended in 10s, not 9s, so what you just stated is false. There were 0 twinks below level 60 for quite some time in WoW.

You could turn off xp but then you would only be grouped with other people that turned off xp as well.

That did not happen during Wrath, that happened in WoD. Wrong again. I had a level 60 ret paladin twink that was very well known in WoTLK.
What do you mean?
I'm not sure what Kodan above me is babbling about, but every word he wrote was wrong.

All brackets ended in 10s, not 9s, so what you just stated is false. There were 0 twinks below level 60 for quite some time in WoW.

Brackets ended in 9's. Not 0's. And twinks started all the way back in Classic days.

10/27/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Kodanüzahunt
That did not happen during Wrath, that happened in WoD.

The NPCs to turn off XP gain were added in Patch 3.1, which was during WotLK.

In all seriousness, why make a post calling someone a liar when they were telling the truth and all you did was lie yourself?
When I leveled my first toons in BC a player couldn't even think about stepping into a bg in the 19 or 29 bracket without getting roflstomped by a twink

You could turn off xp but then you would only be grouped with other people that turned off xp as well.

That did not happen during Wrath, that happened in WoD. Wrong again. I had a level 60 ret paladin twink that was very well known in WoTLK.

The 10s and 9s is just arguing symantics. Whatever I really don't care what the levels were. You are very wrong about it happening during WoD though. I didn't play in WoD and I was here for the change. I know that much for a fact.

Man, you sure seem to be a big show everywhere you go, Mr. Humble. Also, yes, it did happen in Wrath.
That did not happen during Wrath

it did lmao
When I leveled my first toons in BC a player couldn't even think about stepping into a bg in the 19 or 29 bracket without getting roflstomped by a twink whose only agenda was to play one of those brackets forever and ever. I, like many people, just wanted to have a little fun in bgs while I leveled up. The game rules, however, didn't allow for any fun in those brackets if you were just passing through. If you stepped into a bg at the 19 bracket and weren't a twink you were less than a pawn, you were irrelevant to the match. All you could do was hope the twinks on your side were better than the ones on the other side.

In wrath (I think) they made it so you gained xp in bg's. You could turn off xp but then you would only be grouped with other people that turned off xp as well. Before this change I wouldn't enter a bg until the 40 bracket. Now I could enter them at anytime and it was so much better. A 19 bg was fun for the first time, for me anyway.

Fast forward to BFA. I haven't leveled a toon from scratch in a good long while. I'm really unhappy with this xpac so I thought I'd level a toon and do bg's. I only do a couple bg's and find out twinking is back. Seriously? Are you kidding me? Why!?

Is this true and why would they bring them back?

People who stop the exp gain so they can stay at 19/29/39 etc, get lumped into games together. So, what you said was wrong as far as I know.

I'd also like to point out, that you want other people to stop having their version of fun so that you can have your version of fun. It seems like you didn't think this through very well.
You're not facing twinks. Charas who stopped their level are put into a different pvp que now, which pretty much means you just suck.
When they added XP to battlegrounds in Wrath and killed twinks, the screaming was deafening. And really, all they were doing was exploiting BiS, so it just added more policing on the type of fun people could have.
10/27/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Kittredge
People who stop the exp gain so they can stay at 19/29/39 etc, get lumped into games together. So, what you said was wrong as far as I know.

I'd also like to point out, that you want other people to stop having their version of fun so that you can have your version of fun. It seems like you didn't think this through very well.

The point of my post is that I don't think that's true anymore. If they all got lumped together I wouldn't have made this post. I don't think you read all of my post.
10/27/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Seachrome
You're not facing twinks. Charas who stopped their level are put into a different pvp que now, which pretty much means you just suck.

Pretty much this.

Also if you're PvPing at lvl 12, you're kind of doing it wrong.

You’re wrong about everything. The only bg you would stomp at 60 or 70 in wrath was AV and only if you didn’t have TBC for 60 or wrath for 70. Otherwise you would gain xp by doing pvp or were put against higher level opponents. Git gud
10/27/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Ludin
Brackets ended in 9's. Not 0's. And twinks started all the way back in Classic days.

10-20,
20-30
30-40
50-50
50-60
60-70
70-80

Used to be the brackets.

And my twink was better than anyone's. Thats a fact.
I agree 100% exp off can’t play with people passing through. If someone. Wants to min/max at 19 29 70 ect they could buy exp would make them level. Fix this
well. let me give you a bit of a story. ive had my troll rogue as my second character ever created. always had him capped each expac as at worst my 4th max level, but that was it. for perspective i think i went shaman, hunter, rogue, paladin for legion capping and my rogue ended the expac with what was equal to a single 910 legiondary before the squish. i have never done content on the rogue, it was always jsut ot have a rogue. i had all classes at 110 and just didnt care for the rogue.

so, out comes bfa. i have 2 120s, got 2 more in zones and did some quests. you know, getting ready to have them maxed. my guildie tells me of all the stupid easy leather farming he did on his druid by spamming thrash and skinning. he gained an entire level in like 20 minutes skinning (damn blizz for nerfing the hatchlings). so we talk, realize that the scaling fell off hard after 115. so, theres the plan. a 115 rogue with some legiondary items (because vendor now), who will go around and murderate everything for leather.

then it hits me. leatherworking makes stuff for the 111 level, then 120. so theres the new plan. lock exp at 111, make the green 225 gear and jsut farm up leather to make greens to mass disenchant. turns out, crafted items can proc blue to be 233 instead. so, i make a few daggers (only one of the 10 i made proc'd), i make some leather until i have a blue of the slot (stats didnt matter), and equipped it and kept upgrading my greens to blues. alchemy has a trinket that heals you for like 13k every kill you get. that cant proc, but hell its solid. rings from JC got the proc and sockets. so here i am, decked out in 233 gear as a 111 assassination rogue. i have my 280 azerite pieces, and a harlans dice (its combats roll the bones as a trinket LOL). i also threw the leech enchant on my offhand weapon (and the 12% leech talent gives me 21% leech) with gale force on the main because why not.

so i find out warmode gets a FoK talent to give 50% range. turns out azerite gear has a trait to make FoK 15 yards, and the talent makes it 22. so i see tol dagor drops 2 of the 3 dungeon pieces for the trait and ask for a carry. luckily the war campaign gives me 1 outpost at the start, so i chose pluder harbor and headed to tol. i get my piece and equip it.

trying to stack these sucked. carries werent common, nobody wanted to deal with the 111 moron asking for carries, so i tested the waters a bit. i can solo most dungeons. i farmed harlan (nothing sees stealth in there so it was a 5 min run each time), i can solo tol dagor, motherlode, and atal. havent touched underrot, and thundersnek is literally impossible (healing fight), and i havent ventured too far into kul tiras for the others LOL.

im farming groups of mobs for leather, stacking the gear to 233s, and sending them to another leather alt i plan to lock at 111 with tailoring to farm cloth off trash mobs in most of these dungeons. im nearly literally impossible to kill in a dungeon as i heal 21% of all my damage and i jsut pull everything and let my poison fan dot up so i heal constantly. islands are huge for me because i can SOLO them on normal on the rogue. i can pull everything i want then fight and win with 100 mobs on me. at 120 you can barely survive the 3v12 you put yourself in, yet i can 1v100.

this is the absolute most fun ive ever had on this rogue.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/gilneas/tundaku