Bfa or new mmo?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Since wow is a legion 2.0 and getting old really fast, what are some good mmo’s to be looking forward to play this year or should I check out that are out now?
Also imo bfa is stale right now.
Oh look, another passive aggressive "WoW sux" post.
2 and a half weeks till fallout 76.
ESO for immersive & story driven content leagues better than WoWs.
10/29/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Dormie
lol and your point?
Guild Wars 2, and maybe E.S.O. if you're interested in mmo's that aren't just about the end game.

I would add LOTRO in as well if you want something slightly similar to wow in terms of gameplay, the community is good and quite helpful, the lore is rich in the way it follow's most of the things in the books to the letter, and the visuals for a game that's 10 years old still hold up pretty well and the world is very very fun to explore.

I would also recommend Warhammer if you like to pvp but that shut down 5 years ago :(
Try FF14, small group mythic raiding, nice and relevant profession, very RPG-ish gear progression path, housing, no TF (they tried but their player dislike them so they remove it), nice dungeons.

Its basically WOW with better devs (but definitely less experienced than WOW devs).

GW2 is pretty decent too.
10/29/2018 04:32 AMPosted by Hollyjob
10/29/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Dormie
lol and your point?

Why don't you try, idk, anywhere other than the WoW fan forum?

Btw, WoW is still the best.
10/29/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Kaylar
2 and a half weeks till fallout 76.
If I’m not playing WoW I’m playing ESO. Both are pretty fun. I also still dabble in Everquest every now and then. My guilty pleasure is probably STO because I’m a huge Star Trek nerd. If you want a good single player narrative, I’d suggest SWTOR. Everquest 2 and LotrO are also options too.

I heard good things about FF14 and GW2, but I haven’t played enough of them to give an accurate opinion of those games.
I've been playing ESO. It's not for everyone, but I'm actually enjoying it so far. Plus, I get to play as a sexy Argonian maid.
10/29/2018 04:33 AMPosted by Mokrae
Try FF14, small group mythic raiding, nice and relevant profession, very RPG-ish gear progression path, housing, no TF (they tried but their player dislike them so they remove it), nice dungeons.

Its basically WOW with better devs (but definitely less experienced than WOW devs).

GW2 is pretty decent too.
I looked at FF14 and it does strike an appeale to me, I was also looking at Tera but not sure about that one yet.
GW2 tried it at the start and it kinda felt meh to me, but I might give it a shot maybe the game has changed.
I updated ESO last night.
10/29/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Dormie
...lol and your point?

Lol because sadly I played this game for over 13 years and it’s the mmo I started with lol, so I’m asking my fellow community on new mmo’s. Is that a problem?
FF14 is fun. If you like or liked WoW, you'd probably like FF14. Personally, I'm waiting for Star Citizen, Camelot Unchained, and Ashes of Creation, but all of them are at least a couple of years out.
I've been messing around with FF14 some. It does seem pretty fun.
I am waiting for Pantheon. But it has been in development so long it is starting to scare me.
10/29/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Dormie
...lol and your point?

It's not a 'WoW fan forum' it's the WoW General Discussion forum... you do not need to be licking Blizzard's B hole to post in here.
What other *new mmo is out there?? Really? FF14 is a few years old now

10/29/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Kaigani
I'm waiting for Star Citizen

Everyone is waiting for Scam Citizen :)
10/29/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Kaigani
FF14 is fun. If you like or liked WoW, you'd probably like FF14. Personally, I'm waiting for Star Citizen, Camelot Unchained, and Ashes of Creation, but all of them are at least a couple of years out.
That Star Citizen thing might be a while. It has a severe case of feature creep by most rational accounts.
I've heard of Camelot Unchained - it's supposed to be the logical successor to Dark Age of Camelot. Should be worth a look.
Ashes of Creation looks interesting.