Mag'Har orc confusion on timelines

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
i am not sure if i am understanding things. please correct me if i am wrong

when you roll a brand new character, your character is in the time of the quests. Meaning, when you are in northrend, the arthas lich king is still alive at that time. when you are in MOP, the mop stuff is your current time, etc.

That is always how i thought it was.

Now look at the Mag'Har orc. They are brought to azeroth to fight the BFA war. however, their timeline is all twisted up for me.

When i hit northrend, my time is the arthas lich king is still alive, however, he isnt because i am there for BFA. my guy is from an alternate universe...mag'har orc are from AU draenor.

Now that i hit 90, i am all sort of confused. I am ready to go to the portal to go back to where i originally came from, attacking my own people?? in the past, or is the future? i dont know anymore

i am so confused by this.

I know i am probably making too much of it, but meh.
I'll make thing more confusing for you.

Many of the orcs on Orgrimmar were born on Draenor before the first invasion.

So it is perfectly possible that, as an orc, I could meet a younger (Mag'har) version of myself on AU Draenor, and I could possibly kill him on the mid-fight.

Or maybe it could be my next alt as a Mag'har shaman.

And then I would have te same problem of returning to Draenor in your situation...

Well, things can be a mess...
i kind of feel like they should have used the orcs from lvl 70 draenor instead. the whole alternate universe / time travel is really not well thought out
Maybe you could simply RP as a Mag'Har orc from Outland, as if you were part of the Horde since BC era
10/31/2018 06:14 AMPosted by Maldaazar
Maybe you could simply RP as a Mag'Har orc from Outland, as if you were part of the Horde since BC era

i think it would be ok to play as a confused orc from WOD. i mean it would be confusing if it really happened.

i dont like to stray too far from the original intent of the writers..i am not sure why
10/31/2018 05:08 AMPosted by Wally
I know i am probably making too much of it, but meh.

You are. Even if you created a lv1 non-allied race character, all the questing you do is more or less out of order. You start in Cata, go back to BC, to Wrath, back to Cata, to MoP, back 30 some years it WoD, and flash forward to Legion.

With scaling now too, you can do Wrath then BC. You can do MoP then Cata. Its best not to think of leveling and questing as a linear experience, rather than being told a narrative of what happened in the past. The only current events are that added in BfA.

Ex: Arathi is not an empty zone of plains, hills, and valleys as you see while questing. Rather an active warfront where you shouldn't be able to walk more than 20 yards without getting shot at.
My headcanon:

Bronze dragons are meddling. They're showing new characters visions or something, to show them what they missed and they can get all caught up. After you relive history and know what's up, they dump you back in the present day.

It'd be kinda traumatic to just be dumped in a place you know nothing about which is currently in the middle of a huge war. Most of the allied races, sans maybe void elves, haven't had much interaction outside their little bubbles.

But that's just my take on it.
You can always just RP as a mag'har from Outland. A lot of mag'har RPers are doing that.
Or just rp a time traveler. Everything makes sense when nothing makes sense.
10/31/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Wally
i kind of feel like they should have used the orcs from lvl 70 draenor instead. the whole alternate universe / time travel is really not well thought out

They kinda had to use the Draenor they did in order to provide Y'Rel with her Face Heel turn. Or is it Heel Face? Or Toe Ankle?