[8.1 raid] Are we really going to be 'forced' to...

General Discussion
11/01/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Kirela
Weren't they originally going to split the bosses so that neither side had to fight their own faction? Really having a hard time understanding why we are now getting shoved onto the other side since "It Matters".

No, it was this way since they announced it. It would be very imbalanced to make it different bosses, this makes sense.
Look at what people did to Ilidian during BC for shiney loot. Why not go for Jaina loot as well?
Your not though, its still the Horde and Alliance players respectively doing those sections and some random survivor is giving you loot for listening to their overly detailed story of what the other faction did.
WoW is a game. You are not force to play it.

But if you feel like playing then just play.
You are not forced to kill Jaina. Because you don't kill Jaina. She's got too much of that stuff that the Alliance always whines the Horde has, even though the Horde has lost every major conflict and has had far more important character deaths than the Alliance.

Plot armor.
You don't have to do the fights that swap your faction, though.

The events therin are canon regardless of whether you participate in them or not though so.
I am a Murder-Hobo in all essence.

I would see all Azeroth burned to ash if it meant I sat pretty on whatever loot/wealth/fame I can horde.
11/01/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Rosenoa
WoW is a game. You are not force to play it.

That's why I used like 10 quotation marks
Well you could always leave the raid when it comes to switching sides to experience the story from the tales of the survivors. It's not like some thug from Blizzard is going to show up and kick your dog if you don't do it. Personally I like the concept, it is good to see Blizzard trying out some new things. Some will fail but you at least have to try them out.
11/01/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
11/01/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Byniri
"Oh man, Rastakhan got some good characterization with a truly morally grey choice he made, wonder how Blizzard is going to continue his storyli-- aaaaand he's dead."

Trolls are the red shirt guys of WoW.

And gnomes...see alliance war campaign
You are not forced, the content is optional.
If you're so immersed in the story then you'd recognize that your character isn't the one who attacks their own champions, so there's nothing to worry about.
Its a game. You'll all be fine.
Coup d'etat!!!

I am now your leader!
You're not being "forced" to attack/kill anyone. The premise behind the fights against your own faction members is you're playing the role of the opposing faction for those fights in a recounting of what happened.
11/01/2018 06:08 PMPosted by Byniri
Kill our own faction leaders/champions?

I know I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable being """""forced""""" (can't use enough air quotes) to kill Rastakhan and the Champions of the Loa that I've come to help out and interact with so much. I have to imagine that the Alliance feels the same way fighting the Kul'Tiran heroes, Mekkatorque, and Jaina.

I agree wholeheartedly OP. It's like Teldrassil 8.0 prepatch all over again. *sad face* *crying*
We aren’t actually forced to do anything. Good, because I don’t wanna raid a SECOND horde city (first being orgrimmar) when we haven’t even raid a single alliance city.
11/02/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Forums
You're not being "forced" to attack/kill anyone. The premise behind the fights against your own faction members is you're playing the role of the opposing faction for those fights in a recounting of what happened.

So you are getting loot from a flashback?

I wonder if they handwave it in some way.
11/01/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Clash
I ain't fighting Jaina. I love her.

You don't have to KILL any of your leaders.

You just wound them so they can come back later.

They literally magni'd Mekkatorque so he can come back later as a plot device, and jaina walks out with a scratch.
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a raid boss"