Mythic+ is approaching full failure mode.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
I don't play wow to do timed content, that's what racing games are for. It's not the point of an RPG. While I've done M+ in the past, I never found it fun or interesting and I refuse to do them again.

After seeing post after post about how affixes are broken or appear untested, dungeons aren't fun (they aren't) and scaling removing any sense of getting more powerful with better gear, I'm glad I haven't wasted my time.
Holy Christ, I'm glad that I have no burning desire to ever join in this nonsense.
I was late in getting into the M+ scene. Mainly because I didn’t like the dungeons at first. They’re slowly growing on me, but outside of Shrine and Freehold, I don’t really care for the dungeons.

So I have a low score. But I have a couple 8s and a 7 or two under my belt. I just let them know I’m a competent rogue working on my IO score. Seems to work just fine for me. Once I fill out closer to the 365-370 ilvl I’ll push for 10s or higher. But right now I’m kind of plateaued around 360, but looking to fill out 8 keys across the board
11/01/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Taironn
At this point the amount of people doing 5-8 AND know what is going on is getting extremely slim, all either stopping or graduating. Meanwhile, when I go looking for 10s to do everyone there is pushing hardcore. Its all 1k+ IO ask.

If I cant get into groups with the experience and gear from doing the stuff below it, what am I supposed to do? I am over 370iLvl and have a 800+ IO and I struggle to find a 10 as a healer.

Its like trying to get into a G'huun and they want AOTC 380+ iLvl!

I, like I imagine a lot of players, am now stuck in this odd kind of purgatory where I need the work experience from the job TO GET THE JOB. lol

Do you even realize what having a 1K IO means? Its around the equivalent of getting an 11 in every dungeon.

Soon there will be no one left to do these things. And btw, its obviously been dwindling already.

I thought this was only an alliance problem, if so this is worse than I thought.
11/01/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Romisa
Dungeons are over tuned compared to legion so seem most players cant handle the dungeons at a higher lvl so they just give up because effort sucks right

they're not overtuned per se, just having tyranical and fortified on all keys killed the lower level key farmers
11/02/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Whitecrow
Its all 1k+ IO ask.

The reason for this is because an ilvl of 360+ doesn't mean anything.

I have an alt that just caps conquest every week ( all it does aside from farming trade mats) and with just that its sitting at 365.

In the LFG the only 2 pieces of information presented about applicants to groups are Class and ilvl.
Both of which are completely useless in determining if the player is qualified for the activity you plan on running.

ilvl isn't useful information in today's game.

anything under 370 ilvl is trash at this point.
11/02/2018 01:51 AMPosted by Papachi
I don't play wow to do timed content, that's what racing games are for. It's not the point of an RPG. While I've done M+ in the past, I never found it fun or interesting and I refuse to do them again.

After seeing post after post about how affixes are broken or appear untested, dungeons aren't fun (they aren't) and scaling removing any sense of getting more powerful with better gear, I'm glad I haven't wasted my time.

dungeons dont scale bro.
It's not the content, it's the people doing it.
Raider io is just gearscore by another name, but people have enslaved themselves to meaningless numbers. All it tells you is whether or not they completed the content, not how well the completed the content.
Oh man that guy +2'd every dungeon at level 8 or 9, he must be good! No, he paid for runs, and now you bring him because his gearscore is high and look at that, he died 8 times and never interrupted.
Apparently your time is so valuable that you can't spend a few seconds asking the person you just invited a quick question or two about the dungeon to see if they know what they're doing, so now some crappy mage who doesn't even have spellsteal on his bars has managed to rope in yet another sucker.
have given up on pushing.. grinding unfun and stressful content that takes 30-60 minutes to get into for 5 ilvls when 8.1 is on the horizon?

taking AP out was a huge mistake. There could also be cosmetic/toys/pet rewards that would keep it interesting.

Elitists and Raider IO have succesfully stratified WoW into 2 groups. Not "Good" and "Bad", as they like to think, but rather, "People with enough free time to treat M+ like a full time job" and "Everyone else".

You massively overestimate how many dungeon runs people with better scores than you have are doing. I like how 'elitists' aka the people who make the groups and raider.io make things worse for casual players.. somehow. It's kind of amazing that Blizzard only allows the top 1% of players create groups.

The actual problem is bads won't play with bads because no one sees themselves as bad. They won't make friends, they won't create groups, they won't join a guild. What will they do? Blame raider.io and 'elitists.' I'm sure the game would be so much better if 95% of the groups in the finder didn't exist to torment you. Is your problem the feeling that you are being left out?
11/02/2018 01:48 AMPosted by Hotaruu
Based on my experience with mythic 0s and the measly +2 I did for the weekly, I totally understand the Raider iO thing.

At least 50%, if not the majority, of the player base still don't understand the dungeons, mechanics or importance of interrupting.

And the lower you go the worse it is. You get very little cross pollination with skilled players leveling alts, etc. in lower keys.

You get very few people who actually care to learn something about being more effective.

The stuff I see people fail on are things you can learn within the same pull but people aren't self correcting.
I don't do a lot of M+ because I just find it less fun than legion. I play to relax after work and the kid is in bed; I don't need the stress of beating timers and excessive trash fights. Get rid of the timer so I could just go at my pace and enjoy the experience and I'd do it a lot more.
You can always not be part of the paradigm and simply group with your friends.
11/02/2018 02:26 AMPosted by Lacoste

Elitists and Raider IO have succesfully stratified WoW into 2 groups. Not "Good" and "Bad", as they like to think, but rather, "People with enough free time to treat M+ like a full time job" and "Everyone else".

You massively overestimate how many dungeon runs people with better scores than you have are doing. I like how 'elitists' aka the people who make the groups and raider.io make things worse for casual players.. somehow. It's kind of amazing that Blizzard only allows the top 1% of players create groups.

The actual problem is bads won't play with bads because no one sees themselves as bad. They won't make friends, they won't create groups, they won't join a guild. What will they do? Blame raider.io and 'elitists.' I'm sure the game would be so much better if 95% of the groups in the finder didn't exist to torment you. Is your problem the feeling that you are being left out?

This is how the golden age of tbc ended...
just quit while ur ahead. anything 10 and over is masochist territory anyway. u can thank the dungeon devs.

This is how the golden age of tbc ended...

Care to explain?
To me the biggest concern with mythic+ is that it's a breeding ground for some nasty negativity. That's why I personally don't do them.
Shhhh!

eSports will hear you...

if you make eSports angry we're all doomed!
At this point the amount of people doing 5-8 AND know what is going on is getting extremely slim, all either stopping or graduating. Meanwhile, when I go looking for 10s to do everyone there is pushing hardcore. Its all 1k+ IO ask.

If I cant get into groups with the experience and gear from doing the stuff below it, what am I supposed to do? I am over 370iLvl and have a 800+ IO and I struggle to find a 10 as a healer.

Its like trying to get into a G'huun and they want AOTC 380+ iLvl!

I, like I imagine a lot of players, am now stuck in this odd kind of purgatory where I need the work experience from the job TO GET THE JOB. lol

Do you even realize what having a 1K IO means? Its around the equivalent of getting an 11 in every dungeon.

Soon there will be no one left to do these things. And btw, its obviously been dwindling already.

Do what everyone else does - start a group or join a team in discord that does it. Everyone I know that still runs M+ for fun does it though discord and has a 1200 IO score.
funny thing...current dungeons are more like old dungeons..too much boring trash and little real action..affix only makes it worse...