Mythic+ is approaching full failure mode.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
11/01/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Taironn
At this point the amount of people doing 5-8 AND know what is going on is getting extremely slim, all either stopping or graduating. Meanwhile, when I go looking for 10s to do everyone there is pushing hardcore. Its all 1k+ IO ask.

If I cant get into groups with the experience and gear from doing the stuff below it, what am I supposed to do? I am over 370iLvl and have a 800+ IO and I struggle to find a 10 as a healer.

Its like trying to get into a G'huun and they want AOTC 380+ iLvl!

I, like I imagine a lot of players, am now stuck in this odd kind of purgatory where I need the work experience from the job TO GET THE JOB. lol

Do you even realize what having a 1K IO means? Its around the equivalent of getting an 11 in every dungeon.

Soon there will be no one left to do these things. And btw, its obviously been dwindling already.

Soooo. Just because no one is taking you in their 10+ groups then Mythic+ is approaching full failure mode? LMAO yeah, okay. Mythic+ is far from a failure. Join a guild or make new friends and work your way up to those keys.
11/02/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Sepp
11/02/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Whitecrow

The reason for this is because an ilvl of 360+ doesn't mean anything.

I have an alt that just caps conquest every week ( all it does aside from farming trade mats) and with just that its sitting at 365.

In the LFG the only 2 pieces of information presented about applicants to groups are Class and ilvl.
Both of which are completely useless in determining if the player is qualified for the activity you plan on running.

ilvl isn't useful information in today's game.

I mean, i had this choice once where i had the same class and spec at the exact same ilvl pop up, i went with the one that had silver dmg on proving grounds, the 2nd one didn't even have a bronze medal. What a scrub.

Jokes aside, that's the main problem. I've seen so many absolutely terrible players around the 365 mark it's mindboggling.

That is because any decent player worth a dam is 375+
My biggest gripe with it, is how limited it is in pulling data from blizzard servers. If you don't get your run in quickly at the beginning of the week, good chance is that your score doesnt get updated.

For example, this alt I'm posting on did a +8 Siege earlier and one chested it. That should absolutely beat out the score of my previous 2 chest +5. But because I didn't do it on reset, its not going to update my score. And that's just one instance, at least half the runs on it are outdated and inaccurate to what I've actually done.

I'm not calling for a ban on the addon, but Blizz should at least have it temporarily put on hold/unusable until they update the way the data is collected from the servers to give a more accurate look at actual stats.
11/02/2018 06:17 AMPosted by Bojanglz
At this point the amount of people doing 5-8 AND know what is going on is getting extremely slim, all either stopping or graduating. Meanwhile, when I go looking for 10s to do everyone there is pushing hardcore. Its all 1k+ IO ask.

If I cant get into groups with the experience and gear from doing the stuff below it, what am I supposed to do? I am over 370iLvl and have a 800+ IO and I struggle to find a 10 as a healer.

I, like I imagine a lot of players, am now stuck in this odd kind of purgatory where I need the work experience from the job TO GET THE JOB. lol

Do you even realize what having a 1K IO means? Its around the equivalent of getting an 11 in every dungeon.

Soon there will be no one left to do these things. And btw, its obviously been dwindling already.

Soooo. Just because no one is taking you in their 10+ groups then Mythic+ is approaching full failure mode? LMAO yeah, okay. Mythic+ is far from a failure. Join a guild or make new friends and work your way up to those keys.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my guild raids Mythic, and most of us are only doing one +10 per week. In legion, we had several groups running almost every night.

The general opinion among people I know is that the BfA dungeons just aren't fun and the rewards aren't worth the hassles to try to farm them, so people just knock out a ten and call it done for the week. Ymmv
Push your own key and get a 10 done (not on time) Like I did. Then when you get your weekly chest, you'll get a +9 key and push your score up. Or you could just complain about it.
I do one M+ on my main every week for loot. I think the bigger problem is that BfA M+ is NOT FUN. Trash design and how it works with a huge portion of the affixes just isn't a good time. Despite having two alts at maximum level, I don't even care.

BfA M+ isn't fun, no surprise its hard to find people to do it. AND its way more punishing than it was in Legion so it also doesn't surprise me that pugs want ridiculous requirements to try and minimize their pain.
and what exactly do you want blizzard to do? there's hardly any way to know whether or not a person you are inviting would know the mechanics of said dungeon without RIO except to quiz each and every applicant you get. we can't use ilvl as a base because people can get a high ilvl without raiding heroic/mythic and even then they could have just bought the run and got lucky with gear.

if blizzard breaks Raider iO then there will just be a new filter used. it's just like how before ilvl it was gearscore, and before gearscore it was "meet me in front of VoH AH so i can inspect you"
Never thought I was going to miss Legion so much until I started BFA M+
11/02/2018 06:17 AMPosted by Bojanglz

You sound like a NPC parroting the same argument points to defend a broken system that only benefits a small group of people.

Where have I seen this before?

hmmmm......

Real Life?
11/02/2018 01:04 AMPosted by Rumni

Elitists and Raider IO have succesfully stratified WoW into 2 groups. Not "Good" and "Bad", as they like to think, but rather, "People with enough free time to treat M+ like a full time job" and "Everyone else".

Whatever dude. “Elitists” and “no lifers” can’t prevent you from running your own key so the only thing keeping you from doing 10s is your own lack of motivation (and likely ability) to push your own key to a 10.

If as many people were actually qualified to run 10s as they seem to think they are then 90% of the community would be in possession of 9 or 10 keys right now but they’re not because they’re not.

What people like you and the OP are really asking for is for another group of good players to spend potentially hours grinding out a high key, something you appear to be unwilling and unable to do despite having the same exact opportunities, and then to bring you along to content you’re clearly not prepared for because YOU think doing lower levels is beneath you or a waste of time.
11/02/2018 03:25 AMPosted by Grellos
Good I hope it fails. These stupid rehashes of content with 15 different difficulties is lazy design on Blizzards part, and caters to the worst types of esports gamer.

Amen. If I wanted to play diablo 3 harvester of Rifts I would just play that.
11/02/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Elynos
11/02/2018 05:08 AMPosted by Tatsumaki

This is where you are wrong. Just because you've collected your BiS doesn't mean you're 'done' for lack of better word. Who says you have to stop your sub once that happens?

As I mentioned the player is free to play other toon and if alt-titis isn't that player's forte he still can help his friends and guild mates off and on. The net is you don't terminate your sub. There are other aspects of the game which you can do if you want to be it transmog, achievement stuff, archeology, pvp.

Just because you don't want to do it doesn't mean its 'done in an mmo'

That sounds weak, I don’t do anything in this game that doesn’t make me stronger or at least have a chance to. And I only play one spec. I like having a soft cap, with the ability to try to get just a little bit stronger if I decide I want to super max my main

Grats we don't feel the same. You want to run your infinite hamster wheel, diablo is right there for You.
11/02/2018 04:15 AMPosted by Lacoste
11/02/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Hornfu
I do fine it interesting to say the least. I watch people spam for mythic runs. Same people and when asked cant get a group. they try and have key. but people ask there score anyways. It like wow really with their on key. It kind of ruins get your own key idea. I am curios how this turns out. IO literally is worse than gear score. Because how it calculates. yes I look in on it. basically someone could suck. Buy a run and get good score. then have a good io and lack the skills to do it on own. Very interesting. Kind like to see where it goes and how it being handle by players.

Using raider.io scores to help form your groups is a practical application of statistics. The vast, vast majority of players with a good score didn't pay 3 million gold for a 1k score. Thus, using the scores is better than not using the scores.

Interesting. Like I said don't do. just looking it from out side. It just seems that it has flaw. because people use it to join group also. never see that before.
11/02/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Kalcifur
1: Titanforging needs to be obliterated, now and forever. This system is more dependent on luck than player agency and I think that's flawed design. The argument that titanforges help struggling guilds clear further content is demonstrably false. The only cases where overgearing content has a dramatic effect on raid progression occur at the extremely high end (where player skill is already polished to perfection) and extremely low ends (where the content is several tiers behind and is irrelevant) of the difficulty curve.

Agree with you there.

11/02/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Kalcifur
2: M+ Gear needs to prepare players for Heroic Level raiding, not Mythic. The ilvl of these rewards should cap out at a level that's suitable for normal level raiders looking to develop their skills further. The difficulty of keystones should also be comparable to that of Heroic raids. This should happen somewhere around lvl 10 keys where the ilvl drops from the dungeon and the Currency reward in the Cache stop increasing.

Disagree. I like that Mythic + can be an alternative to raiding to get good gear and for the challenge. If Mythic + capped out at the level of heroic raid gear levels, people would lose interest in running them. There needs to be a strong enough incentive to keep running keys and pushing higher for the sake of character progression.

However, I would like to see the best kinds of gear to drop from raids, such as weapons and trinkets and azerite armor that have the best traits. Because there is a timer associated with keys, that validates very high Mythic + keys to be just as challenging as Mythic raids, just in a different way. And that’s good. I also believe in the concept that raiding is a core aspect of the game and should continue to be that way.
Blizzards obsession with esports lead to dungeons designed for the mdi while also creating a “meta” so tight that people outside looking in stop caring. Color me shocked that participation is down. But remember to watch on twitch!
The problem with mythic+ is they took the worst design for it(seat of tri) from legion where they added way to many mobs and it was the least played and most annoying dungeon and used it as the template for all BfA dungeons. All this because they so desperately want to make WoW and esport.

Unfortunately this drive to turn an MMO which by its very nature is a type of game that takes a long time to achieve things, and turn it into a rush rush rush fast as you can for esport viewers game. This is also partially why they are ruining class design.
11/02/2018 03:03 AMPosted by Kwashiorkor
To me the biggest concern with mythic+ is that it's a breeding ground for some nasty negativity. That's why I personally don't do them.

Mythic+ has created the greatest toxicity I have seen in WoW.
11/02/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Dontfightme
The problem with mythic+ is they took the worst design for it(seat of tri) from legion where they added way to many mobs and it was the least played and most annoying dungeon and used it as the template for all BfA dungeons. All this because they so desperately want to make WoW and esport.

Nobody wants to watch you stupid Esport !@#$ Blizz. We have known that for several years. Stop pushing it.
The only people really running mythics now are the people obsessed with mythic plus scores, trying to hit that arbritary number. Nobody is doing it for gear anymore. Scrolling down LFG last night, i couldnt find anyone with anything below 200. Even people running 4s and lower were all 700+ and just were just trying to brute force it to max the chests. Im still auto declined in 2 seconds on 2s and 3s. Its pretty much just an effort in futility to even try at this point. Running Heroic Uldir is a hell of alot easier than dealing with this epeen stroking mythic plus community.
We're 5 with Tol'Dagor +10 this week.
Don't know if it's a bug or what but nobody feels like doing them anyway.