Retail Players Threatened?

Classic Discussion
11/02/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Hairylegs
11/02/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Goodguygreg

Lets be real, live has lacked real content for the last three expansions.

Last three expacs had the mission tables. (BFA has the tables right?) That's all the content we need. They very generously gave us world quests, the ultimate game content. Oh, and there's the level scaling that everyone likes. Good content. Great content.

Upvoted for sarcasm! Seriously though, I love it.
11/02/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Hairylegs
I say we elect the best fighter from both sides and we have them fight it out under the highway. No weapons, just bare knuckles. Officer Krupke won't interfere this time...

Hell no, have you seen how built swifty is?
Then again, maybe Alex could go toe to toe with him.
11/02/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Ooga
Play what you want, be entertained, everyone wins.

But how do I belittle people with that sort of philosophy?

11/02/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Shuffix
No I don’t even care

You aren't constantly outraged? Get with the times, bruh.
11/02/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Summerayné
11/02/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Studmuffyn

He didnt say that at all though.

What he (or she) did though was take the words of a few from a community and paint the whole community as bad. So they can dis the Classic community from the ridiculous posts of some? They purposely called the Classic community horrible. I didn't see them say the WoW community, did you?

So I stand by my statements. These forums are mild compared to general discussion. I have saw this poster's troll posts a lot lately trying to cause drama and conflict.

Personally, I could care less if someone prefers BfA to Classic or vice versa. The way I see it is that we now have another cool option to WoW to satisfy many, many people. I just think people should play what they enjoy and give it all a rest. The constant bickering has gotten very old. But I do take offense to some troll painting a whole community as "horrible" because of the actions of a few. Sounds like some people have some growing up to do.

Well yah that is what he did say, all i said was he was not saying that any other community was better.

I agree with everything you said here though, a lot of it is just silly, too many people obsessed with their favorite version and wishing their hated version 'dies' , so much wasted energy there, but whatever floats their boat i guess, i'll be too busy enjoying both.
11/02/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Nalal
11/02/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Hairylegs
I say we elect the best fighter from both sides and we have them fight it out under the highway. No weapons, just bare knuckles. Officer Krupke won't interfere this time...

Hell no, have you seen how built swifty is?
Then again, maybe Alex could go toe to toe with him.

I dunno, Esfand looks pretty buff nowadays, Alex needs to show some lifting.
11/02/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Gygen
How exactly are we a threat to them? I am seriously wondering how a level 60 character poses a threat to a level 120 character. They have made it, per say. They’ve reached the pinnacle of, em, never mind.

On second thought, maybe I should visit General Forum. I could use a little levity.

Because if level scaling man! Dude use your brain!
Retail has me Flaccid
Classic has me Engorged
I just attribute their mood to the less than stellar game they've been saddled with. It's the whole misery loves company thing.
Well, to be honest, every single person on the WoW forum is dumb. And I hate dumb people.

Myself included :)
11/02/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Ladalrus
Anyone else feels joyous when they read how threatened BFA players are with Classic?

Every time I visit GD I have to see at least 5 threads on Classic, with retail kids jumping in to bash it and its player base.

I was skeptical at first about the number of GD threads, but there are actually five threads in GD that are directly referencing Classic. The mods are off their game; I expect those threads to be dumped into the Classic forum here soon.
I dun care about Retail peeps. They have their game. Let them stay in that world. I'm good with that.
11/02/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Dinkydeath
I just attribute their mood to the less than stellar game they've been saddled with. It's the whole misery loves company thing.

Lets break it down.

The average life span for a male in the United States is 78 years. WoW is rated T for Teens, lets say you start playing when you're 15. When you start playing WoW, you only have 63 years left to live.

The last 4 years of WoW have been utter garbage, the same mobile game prepackaged and relogoed with each expansion. With the direction BFA is going, and the fact that devs seem to think the Azerite system (and many other things) is acceptable, you can expect to get at least another 2 years of this trash.

So of those original 63 years of life you have left, there are many people on these forums that are okay with spending 6/63 of their life (almost 10%) playing a single player Facebook slot machine game that is also quickly becoming pay to win through racials. Did I mention you have to pay to even play the game?

Looks like the only winning move is not to play.
Hello Kitty Island Expedition is not that bad of a game.
11/02/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Coniferous
Hello Kitty Island Expedition is not that bad of a game.

Users gave Hello Kitty Kruisers a 6/10 on metacritic while BFA only got a 3/10.

Really makes you think.
11/02/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Grìz
Why's it have to be retail vs classic players? We're all wow players and why would anyone feel threatened? People will play what they like there's no reason to hate on anything.

Its always been retail vs classic. Heres some threads from 2010 and 2011 to explain why the tribalism today exists.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2416194049#post-1
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/3430934589?page=1
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2794771031#post-1
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2966517516?page=1
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/3082253552#post-1
11/02/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Handsomegary
Not joyous , retail people have every right to their opinion and wanting retail to be good. At the same time the wow classic team is a separate team and thus I don’t get why they feel this affects their game experience ?
Retail will never be good again, I think that is quite obvious with the direction BLizzard took with BFA. With classic coming out soon, retail will take a huge hit in players. Just watch.
Anyone else feels joyous when they read how threatened BFA players are with Classic?

From a shadow poster?? lol
Classic: Warcraft 3 MMORPG.
BFA: Hello Kitty Island Adventures - Pet & Mount RNG Simulator.

Dang, shots fired my brother. I feel you though. I've been seriously enjoying PVP in the new expansion, just battlegrounds and nothing else. Classic is gonna be a rough re-adjustment but I'd pay double for it.
I am a big Vanilla fan and WILL be playing it for some time once it releases. I finally gave up on Retail about half way through Legion and cancelled.

That said, I feel pretty confident there will never come a time when Classic has more players than Retail. I really don't ever see it getting close outside of the inevitable launch numbers that are always huge but then dwindle away.

Here's the thing, there is nothing wrong with this. Retail players have the QOL features they want and the ever changing systems and we will get as close to the original experience as Blizz can give us.

Everyone wins, no one loses. It really is hard to see how this threatens anyone outside of the usual few who simply thrive on causing hate and discontent. If you would just ignore those idiots, they would go somewhere else to get their daily dose of stupidity.
I'm looking forward to people that think they're special because they facerolled to 60 or the future threads complaining that Classic didn't kill retail because it wasn't authentic enough tbh.