Why is Blizzard so anti-criticism?

General Discussion
11/03/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Rhekkar
#IsThisAnOutOfSeasonAprilFoolsJoke

It's a serious question, it's a legitimate question, yet now I hear you removed the guy that asked the question and kicked him off the venue. Then you start deleting threads, videos and comments that mention this?

Are you in so much damage control that you cannot possibly interact with the negative feedback you are getting. Are you that bad at communicating that you do not know when to hold off on deleting criticism, just because your developers got offended?

Jesus, do you have a marketing person with an understanding of why this is just further damaging your brand or are you just running your business like a half headed chook?

Did you ever read the lore tweet where he called us *ickbags ? and a Community manager from Diablo followed up with some type of congrats i agree.

Here is a link to a youtube Heevsbabyface video where he talks about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ4LqLxdTSg
#IsThisAnOutOfSeasonAprilFoolsJoke

It's a serious question, it's a legitimate question, yet now I hear you removed the guy that asked the question and kicked him off the venue. Then you start deleting threads, videos and comments that mention this?

Are you in so much damage control that you cannot possibly interact with the negative feedback you are getting. Are you that bad at communicating that you do not know when to hold off on deleting criticism, just because your developers got offended?

Jesus, do you have a marketing person with an understanding of why this is just further damaging your brand or are you just running your business like a half headed chook?

might be for the better, they once tried to get bought out from activision.
maybe this will help so we get the old blizzard back.

If anything they just mega meme'd themselves.
When you the king for so long, you are so convinced of your winning formula you don't want to hear complaints.
11/03/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Hallux
You know, the thread about this might be getting deleted for two reasons.

1. This is not the Diablo forums. Diablo has it's own forums. It doesn't belong here.

2. If these posts are spreading lies and misinformation, they should be deleted. It doesn't sound like there's any proof that someone was kicked out of Blizzcon. People are just spreading rumor. At most, maybe he was removed from the room for the rest of the panel. Even that would be a rumor.
Second thread this morning to be spreading this rumor. Yet now that it is proven false, no apologies made.
11/03/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Kidcriticus
Did you ever read the lore tweet where he called us *ickbags ? and a Community manager from Diablo followed up with some type of congrats i agree.
He didn't call me that because I don't harass him and act like a moron like some of y'all do.

No thanks. I don't need a youtuber telling me what to think.
Ok my bad, I retract that he was kicked out, he confirms himself that he wasn't (second last post at the botttom):

https://www.reddit.com/user/Dontinquire/comments

However, regardless Blizzard is still censoring his question and now the archived videos of the Q&A for Diablo, his question has now been removed from the video(if you have the virtual ticket).

Blizzard are removing Youtube comments/forum posts.

Honestly guys, this isn't about freedom of speech (it's not the Government censoring for Blizzard). It still doesn't excuse the fact that the way Blizzare behaves in response to PG criticism is basically with a massively heavy hand, refuses to engage in said criticism and just wants to shut it out.

Scummy business practices is what I'm complaining about.
11/03/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Solarwynds
He didn't call me that because I don't harass him and act like a moron like some of y'all do.

Keep shilling for that green text. You will get there someday.
11/03/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Kudger
11/03/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Blasco
It doesn't look like the guy got kicked out of the event though, so the rumor OP heard is false.

I'm glad. Blizzard would be justified to kick him out but it would be heavy handed and they certainly have enough bad PR on their hands already.

If they did it would just be another pr blunder, really stupid of them if they did this on top of the trailer and, the you have cellphones don't you, guy.
The Diablo forums are on fire over the trailer.
If they kicked out a player for asking that then I can't imagine what the rage would be

According to his reddit, he walked out.
11/03/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Felmantle
11/03/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Kudger
I'm curious if this person lied about the question he was going to ask. If so, that'd be grounds for kicking him out. Lying to get the spotlight and then using it to humiliate the people who are throwing the party will generally not end well for you. That's not thin skin, that'd happen to you in decades past, too.

Not true... Its called freedom of speech. Were there rules specifically against asking a certain type of question? If so, we're all better off from that kind of censorship.

You don’t know how freedom of speech works. It only protects you from the government, not the people.

I like you, I really do, but sometimes it seems like you are trying too hard.
It is absolutely NOT a valid question. Is the mobile game disappointing? Yes. Should they have at the very least followed up that announcement with something a little more tangibly exciting like, I don't know, a quick flash of a Diablo 4 title screen, not even any gameplay or cinematic, just the title? Probably, yeah, I mean it'd just be a formality at this point since we KNOW they're working on a D4, it's just not ready to be shown off yet.

But should people act like entitled !@#$% because they were disappointed in an announcement? Absolutely not. Especially not in that way. The live Q&A is supposed to be for actual questions about the game, NOT for ^-*!-talking the devs. It was an extremely disrespectful question.

Submit your feedback, express your dissatisfaction, don't play the game. That's what I'll be doing. But do it in a proper and respectful manner. Regardless of how disappointing it is, it's rude to make such blatantly snide and unhelpful remarks, especially in a public event. I swear to god, people these days have no sense of manners...
Well this forum is about wow not Diablo that's why.

Though I think all the nonsense and irrational, illogical policies from both governments and corporations have become absolutely comical at this point, so I am just going to lolz at the silliness of it all
11/03/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Therric
11/03/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Shamnotik

Filtering questions is still anti criticism. Had he wrote that down do you think he would have been selected for his question? I'd be willing to bet that's a hard No.

Here's how questions go:

Q: How about this?

A: No. We're gonna do this.

Done

"How about this?" Is definitely NOT the only format a question can be in, while you may not like his question some genuinely feel like it is of value.
11/03/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Brahiim
...He didn't call me that because I don't harass him and act like a moron like some of y'all do.

...No thanks. I don't need a youtuber telling me what to think.

Keep shilling for that green text. You will get there someday.

You will find this hard to believe, but not everyone who speaks rationally on the forums is bucking for MVP status. Why are you so obsessed with the MVP program in the the first place?

Oh, and Q&A time at Blizzcon is a limited and valuable commodity. Blizz has every right to try to keep the questioning relevant. Asking a crap non-question that wasn't the one approved is detracting from the experience for the other attendees (and everyone interested in Blizzcon).
I keep seeing "not pre-aproved" and I'm just curious how any questions could have been pre-approved since this was a REVEAL, not a Q&A about a released product. If the people in the audience didn't know what was going to be shown ahead of time, how could they have questions about it, that Blizzard would have approved beforehand?

The Q&A was minutes after the presentation -- you think all their questions were pre-approved in those few minutes? The mistake was having the Q&A so quickly after what they knew wasn't a great presentation: minimal clapping, quiet audience... unlike every other announcement panel where the crowds were loud and cheering.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got kicked out, but he can persue legal action to get a refund + extra cash if he wanted to if he was thrown out over a journalist question. You can ask any question you want at a QaA, ever if you were prescreened beforehand due to Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Press (Especially the latter one) and if your thrown out because of it when the question itself was not harmful or derogatory, well, the courts will have fun with you.

Doesn't matter if white knights think blizzard is in the right, Freedom of Press AND Freedom of Speech being violated means not even a bribed judge would rule in favor of Blizzard in a case like this in fear of being debarred.

I was really bored and cant copy and paste from a pdf on this computer. really sorry cant prove it. if this was done in California. even on private grounds. It like a major no no/ like we talking violation of states constitutions, criminal laws (yeah I said wow bs too look up and oh crap) and numerus court rulings in favor of that guy. geeze California really nuts and big on free speech.

….as long as it is the "right kind" of speech.

Free speech, as intended by the Constitution, is not fairing so well these days.
11/03/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Draboe

Not true... Its called freedom of speech. Were there rules specifically against asking a certain type of question? If so, we're all better off from that kind of censorship.

You don’t know how freedom of speech works. It only protects you from the government, not the people.

Aren't corporations basically the Government at this point thanks to Trump?
11/03/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Zulani
It's a serious question, it's a legitimate question

Wondering how you consider "Is this an out of season April Fools joke?" A serious and legitimate question. It was clearly a rhetorical question.

Considering all the utter garbage that's been handed down, so far, I'd say it was a very legit question.
11/03/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Analeah
Its called freedom of speech.

Whenever I see this statement on the internet, I always know that the person making it is going to immediately follow it up with another statement proving that they don't know what "freedom of speech" actually means.
truth
Blizzard was founded on PC gaming. Them branching out - heck no one would have an issue for a mobile game, if said game was also on PC. Just saying. Or at least I think.

Diablo division really have had a bad history of taking criticism. Check back on the Brevik moment.

I generally believe they have a thing they follow in the company 'cause they all seem pretty detached from any criticism. Might be an ego thing, or they are living in their own World. I don't know.

If they thought that Blizzcon for Diablo was going to go better then that's a clear sign they are pretty detached from their customer base.