Why is Blizzard so anti-criticism?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I am going to get banned again from the forums but at this point it seems Blizzard games and I no longer mesh so here it goes;

I have no idea what is going on internally. I have said this in the past that they need a very thorough and intensive investigation into how they are managing, designing, and quality control testing before products are released or even at this point, announced.

They are so extremely tone deaf and out of touch with its playerbase I have no idea how its gotten so bad. First, we had the "you think you do but you don't" attitude that flooded the internet with memes last time. And now its the "BUT GUS, DONT U HAS PHONES" making its rounds. I mean, was that HONESTLY the best response you could of had at that situation? And the whole Josh Allen tone deafness is just another example of "Do these developers even play the damn game?"

I got suspended during beta for replying in a shaman thread. The title of that thread was "If you can't fix shamans, the class designer needs to be fired" and all I did was respond and agreed. No hate, no cursing, nothing. But thats considered harassment.

Now they are censoring people both on these forums, and on youtube over criticism. Its really bad. Like this is totally like heil oreos level of censorship at this point.

I just can't. How do you spend an entire year hyping up a diablo content announcement and release a reskinned chinese mobile game? Isn't that a giant slap in the face to all of the diablo fans? Me included.

Blizzard: "Hey guz... lets ignore diablo 3 and no longer release any real content for it and release a mobile version instead, their gonna love it"

I just cant anymore man. Why are we paying these people our money? I know im not anymore. Take care.
No press is bad press. As long as people are talking about it, it's being talked about.
11/03/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Draboe

You don’t know how freedom of speech works. It only protects you from the government, not the people.

Aren't corporations basically the Government at this point thanks to every president since Eisenhaur, who warned us about all this?

Fixed it for you.

Aren't corporations basically the Government at this point thanks to every president since Eisenhaur, who warned us about all this?

Fixed it for you.

Eisenhower also said:
May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Scenario:

You go to a NICE sit down and eat restaurant that you have always trusted for its quality. Everybody you know likes the place and praises it pretty much anytime its brought up in topic. You like a particular dish they have on the menu so you order it as you usually do. You've noticed it has altered over time and tell the waiter how you want it prepared and some small details changed. You wait a really LONG time, but its ok because you really like this place and that dish. Then it finally comes out and the waiter sets it down in front of you and tells you to enjoy, and you realize that it's just feces on a plate.

Q:

Do you clap, applaud, Pay, promote, and Thank the restaurant?

Or do ask questions, proceed to show that you are unhappy, Tell everyone you know about it?
11/03/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Rhekkar
#IsThisAnOutOfSeasonAprilFoolsJoke

It's a serious question, it's a legitimate question, yet now I hear you removed the guy that asked the question and kicked him off the venue. Then you start deleting threads, videos and comments that mention this?

Are you in so much damage control that you cannot possibly interact with the negative feedback you are getting. Are you that bad at communicating that you do not know when to hold off on deleting criticism, just because your developers got offended?

Jesus, do you have a marketing person with an understanding of why this is just further damaging your brand or are you just running your business like a half headed chook?

Typical far-left delusional safe space snowflakes who immediately seek to silence dissent, disagreegment, or even discussion.
*in best tropic thunder voice*

YOU NEVER GO FULL EA.
11/03/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Felmantle
11/03/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Kudger
I'm curious if this person lied about the question he was going to ask. If so, that'd be grounds for kicking him out. Lying to get the spotlight and then using it to humiliate the people who are throwing the party will generally not end well for you. That's not thin skin, that'd happen to you in decades past, too.

Not true... Its called freedom of speech. Were there rules specifically against asking a certain type of question? If so, we're all better off from that kind of censorship.

Freedom of Speech does NOT mean Freedom of Consequences.

Also he wasn't kicked from the venue. They'd have a riot if they kicked someone off site that the crowd was backing after seeing that reaction.
That's not thin skin, that'd happen to you in decades past, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFnGjyPYxjM

Nope, old dev team handled getting called out pretty well. Were they embarrassed and a little flustered? Yes. But they took it in stride and handled it well.

Tbh, I haven't seen any proof that this guy was kicked out or that they didn't handle it well. This post is either trying to start a rumor, or heard a rumor/saw a meme on facebook (so it must be true!) and is now pushing it like a true story.
What kind of a society will we have if we have real people asking real questions?

Can't have any of that. People might get the wrong ideas.
I'm curious if this person lied about the question he was going to ask. If so, that'd be grounds for kicking him out. Lying to get the spotlight and then using it to humiliate the people who are throwing the party will generally not end well for you. That's not thin skin, that'd happen to you in decades past, too.

They embarrassed themselves, it was a legitimate question and by the way "Do you not own a phone?"
They needed someone to ask as question like that. They needed to be shown that people were not happy. They should have known that people were going to be upset. This should have been predictable. That I wasn’t shows us how out of touch they are with their player base.

I do hope that their mobile game is a success. Blizzard has given me way to many good memories of the last 15 years or so for me to harbor any ill will towards them. That being said I miss the company that seemed to always know what I wanted in my entertainment.
11/03/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Roshta
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Not true... Its called freedom of speech. Were there rules specifically against asking a certain type of question? If so, we're all better off from that kind of censorship.

Freedom of Speech does NOT mean Freedom of Consequences.

Also he wasn't kicked from the venue. They'd have a riot if they kicked someone off site that the crowd was backing after seeing that reaction.

Right, this was my first thought as well. If they kicked him out it would have been obvious and really easy because everyone else in the crowd would also be moving for the same door.
This is just another case of the bourgeois Activistocracy oppressing a honest, hard working proletariat.

We of the proletariat (and the casualtariot, we are in this together) must rise against the bourgeois and turn Blizzard back to the glorious gamer’s paradise it once was.

Neo Red Shirt Guy is a Hero of the People and will be forever honored for his bravery.
The reason ActiBlizz is so anti-criticism is because they get their fee-fees hurt when they realize they JUST SCREWED THE POOCH!

11/03/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Minusthemonk
*in best tropic thunder voice*

YOU NEVER GO FULL EA.

Sir, they went full EA.

Semper Fi!
11/03/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Zuelya
They needed someone to ask as question like that. They needed to be shown that people were not happy. They should have known that people were going to be upset. This should have been predictable. That I wasn’t shows us how out of touch they are with their player base.

I do hope that their mobile game is a success. Blizzard has given me way to many good memories of the last 15 years or so for me to harbor any ill will towards them. That being said I miss the company that seemed to always know what I wanted in my entertainment.

The people who run Blizzard now are not the same people who gave you those good memories over the past 15 years, these are participant ribbon winning feeble hearted money chasers.

Just to add here for any fans of Diablo, the new phone version is just a reskin of "Endless Gods", same ui, same animations, same game...….LAZY
They aren't deleting anything. All of the negative feedback is out there. The guy who asked that wasn't thrown out either.
And THAT my friends....is what happens when you take a VIDEO GAME too seriously
I hope Blizz continues to fan the flames by trying to censor the internet.

The comments are hilarious
On Twitter numerous employees have had several public tantrums in which they've expressed disdain for the playerbase. (When they're not busy dumping on the Alliance and taking part in the Horde echo chamber. And, no, saying 'my tweets are my own' on a public account on a public forum doesn't magically absolve you from criticism.)

It's reached a point where the community managers don't engage at all on any substantive level. They're rude, lofty, and criticism is quickly painted as harassment. It's strange to me that they take such an authoritative tone with paying customers. It's a strange dynamic.

If I had to cut them some slack, it's that, from the way they've talked in the past, I get the impression that what they can say about the game and when they can say it is strictly controlled.

It would help a lot if if these restrictions were loosened up a bit, and a much broader help, is if some of the designers and developers took an hour out of their week to come here and talk openly with the community.