Sharding is limited time confirmed

Classic Discussion
So essentially sharding will be a limited time for the first few weeks of launch based on what Ion answered in Q&A. Sounds okay I suppose.
Its a compromise, but if its only in the valley of trials ect, and only at launch, I can live with it.
it better be so limited, day 1, starting zone only.
Can't believe Ion just double downed on sharding. Unbelievable.
11/03/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Classicsoon

better it be for only a limited time than permanent though
11/03/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Práystàtion
it better be so limited, day 1, starting zone only.

Or what exactly?

OP- A fair compromise i think most of us that aren't 4 can live with.
Some people won’t be happy no matter what you tell them.

Confirmed from Q&A. SHARDING WAS AN EXCEPTION FOR DEMO. Sharding will be avoided at all cost for Classic, but will be unavoidable in certain circumstances. The first few weeks after launch sharding might be used to address the launch, but ION stated that sharding will be avoided since it does not jibe with the Classic vibe.

So will sharding be used for the actual Classic game? Very minimally, as in it might as well not exist as compared to the Demo.
I can live with limited starter zone sharding
but AQ sharding would be something else
I would prefer that there be no sharding at all, though; when people are waiting for quest spawns in the starter zone, they can socialize and make friends, or at least get closer to the point where they recognize the names of players
11/03/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Tarregor
I can live with limited starter zone sharding
but AQ sharding would be something else

They wont be sharding raids so i think were chilling
11/03/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Gygen
Some people won’t be happy no matter what you tell them.

Confirmed from Q&A. SHARDING WAS AN EXCEPTION FOR DEMO. Sharding will be avoided at all cost for Classic, but will be unavoidable in certain circumstances. The first few weeks after launch sharding might be used to address the launch, but ION stated that sharding will be avoided since it does not jibe with the Classic vibe.

So will sharding be used for the actual Classic game? Very minimally, as in it might as well not exist as compared to the Demo.

I think the game will be pretty damn close to classic. People just complain way too much.
You mean there won’t be the true classic experience of fighting for tags in the starting zones?
Press X to doubt.

X
Well,

let me ask you a question,

Which is worse?
Either
Sharding in the starter zones for the first few weeks.
Or
Launching with too many servers and all the low pop/server merge issues that will come with that once the initial interest wears off and we are left with just the committed classic players.
Or
Somehow gating the rate at which people can join classic (headstart/delayed start for some players)

Personally, while I can understand the distate for sharding. If it is limited and just to manage the initial capacity issues then I think it is probably the better of these options for the long terms outcome of achieving sustainable populations that will support good social interaction on the classic servers.
11/03/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Classicsoon

I can. I was glad he did, I got to see that poor sod Alex freak out over it.
cool cant wait to login at launch and see 5 other people
11/03/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Turd
cool cant wait to login at launch and see 5 other people

Im sure the cap will be like 100 players which is plenty. I think were fine
Garbage and not needed.