Kul Tiran Mages

General Discussion
Kinda disappointed that my planned 'Harripottamus' idea has died.
Why no mages Blizzard ? And more importantly why were mages n the officiall page and then were steathed removed without cmments
11/05/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Sardines
Why no mages Blizzard ? And more importantly why were mages n the officiall page and then were steathed removed without cmments

its a strange one considering who the most well know Kul Tiran is
In an interview with Alex Afrasiabi and Patrick Dawson, they told us why they haven't been labeled as Mages yet.

-Alex responded that he's with “with Lost Codex,” but he’s only one voice.
-There are other factors the dev team needs to take into account, such as how will Kul Tiran Humans look while casting spells.
-However...Jaina is a mage and Kul Tiran and “By Golly, The Kul Tiran should be mages as well!" They'll continue to have discussions on this.

TL;DR: Kul Tirans still aren't done.
This needs to be fixed Blizzard.

No kul tiran mages?

THEN WHAT THE HELL IS JAINA?
11/05/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Wiggin

No kul tiran mages?

skinny

No kul tiran mages?

Obviously Jaina was adopted.

It's why she looks nothing like the rest of her people.

That... or she just enrolled in weight watchers.
11/05/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Tiridan
In an interview with Alex Afrasiabi and Patrick Dawson, they told us why they haven't been labeled as Mages yet.

-Alex responded that he's with “with Lost Codex,” but he’s only one voice.
-There are other factors the dev team needs to take into account, such as how will Kul Tiran Humans look while casting spells.
-However...Jaina is a mage and Kul Tiran and “By Golly, The Kul Tiran should be mages as well!" They'll continue to have discussions on this.

TL;DR: Kul Tirans still aren't done.

thanks for posting that. Its nice to have a little hope. I just reserved my name just in case :)

Canada lol
Jaina had to go to Dalaran to become a mage though, so maybe Kul Tirans just don't have mages as part of their own society.

That's the only reasoning I can see for it, although I'd be totally fine with them having mage as a playable class. I had pretty much expected it really, but I can go along with it either way I suppose.
11/05/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Raynurr
Jaina had to go to Dalaran to become a mage though, so maybe Kul Tirans just don't have mages as part of their own society.

Here's the problem I have with this- It's not like Dalaran is the origin place of magic.

Anyone can potentially learn to use magic if they have the motivation and the intellectual capacity to do so. Granted, a prestigious school of magic like the one in Dalaran would definitely give one a huge leg up and head start in this endeavor, but isn't strictly required; you don't think there aren't various wizards, mages, and sorcerers wandering around the world that are willing to take on an apprentice or two? What are class trainers then?

Besides, tidesages obviously dabble in arcane magic as well as elemental magic. They seem to be a hybrid of mage and shaman, but the point is the groundwork for Kul Tirans being mages is there.
In an expansion or two they might learn how to mage.
11/05/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Raynurr

That's the only reasoning I can see for it, although I'd be totally fine with them having mage as a playable class. I had pretty much expected it really, but I can go along with it either way I suppose.

Tidesages.
Swear I saw mage as a choice for Kul'tirans during the reveal. I know there was no paladin - they get shaman instead. Guess I'll go watch that panel again tomorrow.

No kul tiran mages?

Jaina is a hot-tempered, resentful, hateful, and traitorous daughter.
11/06/2018 02:24 AMPosted by Vixie
Swear I saw mage as a choice for Kul'tirans during the reveal. I know there was no paladin - they get shaman instead. Guess I'll go watch that panel again tomorrow.

Why exactly do they get shaman? You don't HAVE to get one or the other. It makes absolutely zero sense for them.
11/05/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Ikethespike

Lady Ashvane is a mage?
11/06/2018 02:41 AMPosted by Deke
11/05/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Ikethespike

Lady Ashvane is a mage?

Jaina is a mage.

Also, Harripottamus is 10/10 name, lmao.
Most of the time, classes are a matter of cultural preference.

Most kultirans don't have interrests in arcane arts. Jaina was sent to dalaran because there was no proper place for her to learn. Not because kul tiran can't become mages.
OH man that's an awful idea.
11/06/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Urdrak
was no proper place for her to learn.

There is a KT mage trainer in the portal room of Boralus.