War 3 Reforged graphics > Wow Graphics

General Discussion
I would like to have War 3 reforged models in wow, when a remastered old game looks better theres something wrong there.

Wow Really needs an update on the graphics engine, the combat system is old, the animations are dull (besides the fact that they are working to improve them over time but it is still too stationary), the armor is not visually relevant, the plate chest armor looks like a painting body.

Lets face the fact that part of these complains about the game is due to the boring factor. Im pretty sure that there will be less complains if the game is fun to play by itself.
maybe in the future..

if we just speculate from these points:
-wow's engine is a pimped up version of wc3 engine
-wc3 is getting greater graphics
-wow is getting better multi-core usage/performances

maybe it'll lead to wow graphics 2.0 ; who knows.
WoW runs on a patched-up 2004 engine. It's understandable that it looks worse (and dated).

For the sake of performance, they should not improve WoW's graphics. Performance > Quality every time.
11/07/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Lemres
WoW runs on a patched-up 2004 engine. It's understandable that it looks worse (and dated).

For the sake of performance, they should not improve WoW's graphics. Performance > Quality every time.

Agreed.

I would like to see different movements in combat, physics, gravity, hits, sounds. For example that mobs step behind a bit when i hit them or even a little bit of blood. they should implement diversal hitting movements not every single hit should be the same.
I'd rather have the game mechanics addressed as a priority rather than the game look nicer graphics-wise. I don't have any issues personally with the gameplay but I've heard a lot of complaints from high level players on the expansion content. That really should be addressed first.
With making WoW multi-core friendly (8.1?), that opens room for improvements. I wouldn't be surprised if graphics get a refresh to take advantage of that.
WoW is outdated AF. My graphics card always laughs when I run the game. We need WoW 2.0.
11/07/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Lemres

Reforged runs off the same engine.

And frankly, new models from both wow and reforged look excellent.

People just forget half the content in wow currently is over 10 years old.
What about Cataclysm? That was a revamped graphics, and dont forget about new character models that came out and are still being worked on
I would love to see a WoW style game with GW2 graphics.
11/07/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix
Reforged runs off the same engine.

The same engine? Really?

It would make more sense if they used the Starcraft 2 engine.
I disagree, I like WoW graphics.
11/07/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Tekbm
maybe in the future..

if we just speculate from these points:
-wow's engine is a pimped up version of wc3 engine
-wc3 is getting greater graphics
-wow is getting better multi-core usage/performances

maybe it'll lead to wow graphics 2.0 ; who knows.
I'll definitely take improved performance over prettiness. The fact that I get 80 fps in BFA zones with a 1080 TI isnt cool.