Mythic Raid Question

General Discussion
Hey Guys,

Just checking to see how mythic raids work.

I joined a Mythic Mother yesterday. The lead had previously downed Taloc, so I am saved to his raid. However, we wiped once on mother and half the raid left. The lead decided to leave as well.

Am i screwed for the week? Do i have to continue raiding with that same leader since Im saved to his instance? I would love to get into another mythic for this week. Thanks.
Why raid at all? Mythic 10+ will grant you better gear.
You are locked to that instance so you can only run a mythic raid with the same raid group for the rest of the week.
I'm pretty sure you are saved to that instance ID, so you could start your own group or you can rejoin the same group but they will both be the same instance.

You could not join a fresh raid with Taloc still up.

Also if you make your own group and the original leader walks in they will see you in the instance, because they are the same ID.
11/07/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Genesiz

Am i screwed for the week? Do i have to continue raiding with that same leader since Im saved to his instance? I would love to get into another mythic for this week. Thanks.

When you zone in to a mythic raid that has downed a boss, or kill the first boss, you are saved to that raids Instance id.

You cannot join another raid with a different ID this week.

You can form a group and use the id you are saved to to continue the raid, but so can everyone else who hit locked to that I'd. If someone kills additional bosses, those bosses will be unavailable to you.
Correct mythic raid still uses the old style lock outs where you get locked to an instance.

That was a big reason why they were reluctant to include cross realm mythic years ago, because people can still lockout troll or refill with no hope of killing a boss etc.
11/07/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Ghöstëd
Why raid at all? Mythic 10+ will grant you better gear.

Im not getting upgrades from Mythic 10+ anymore. I have to pray for a titanforge to upgrade since 10+ threshold is 370+. I need the 385+ daggers from Mother.
Thanks All. Lesson learned. Dont pug mythic raids. Unfortunately my guild doesn't do mythics atm.
11/07/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Genesiz
Thanks All. Lesson learned. Dont pug mythic raids. Unfortunately my guild doesn't do mythics atm.

I wouldn't go that far. Sometimes pugs can be successful, you just have to be careful who you join. Best bet is to try and get in with a group that has killed it before, but are just short people that night.