No Loot Trading

Classic Discussion
I really dislike the idea of loot trading. Part of the grind is chasing that piece of gear and getting the satisfaction when it finally drops. If someone else can just trade it to you day 1, then it really takes the fun out of it IMO. I would say no loot trading.
You know it has a time limit, the person has to have been partied with you when it dropped, and can't be a need roll, right?
11/07/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Hairylegs
You know it has a time limit, the person has to have been partied with you when it dropped, and can't be a need roll, right?

It should not even be an option. The loot chase, and building friendships on that loot chase is part of the fun. Doing that one dungeon over and over with some friends, or people that you met in trade for some gear. Building relationships. I think Loot trading takes away from that. Vanilla is not about getting geared as fast as possible. Its about the exploration.
It's mostly for if a master looter misclicked a gear handout, they don't have to call in game masters to fix it.

The item chase, friendship building, ect. should still be perfectly intact.

I wouldn't worry about loot trading, man. Worst case is gonna be "hey man can I buy that?" after looting something on greed rolls.
Loot trading does not help you gear faster. It's there to prevent accidental mishandling of loot and nothing more.

I'm not sure what you mean by spamming dungeons with friends. It has nothing to do with loot trading and is something people will do regardless. Those of us planning to raid will be chasing those BiS asap and get ready for MC.

It's completely fine that you're not into gearing up quickly, to each their own, but some of us will be after those sexy dungeon blues and loot trading has nothing to do with it.
it has good points but sadly too exploitable.
To be honest, if / when loot trading makes it in and I'm hosting an instance run, why would I not just use the excuse "oops, I didn't mean to hit need"... and then just trade it to my buddy I'm playing with.

And before people start going off about "server reputation" the group I'm going back in with is pretty damn sizeable, large enough to do raids with. If blizzard gives us the option to abuse a non-vanilla mechanic and I have a large social network of players I've been gaming with for over a decade, I have no reason not to.
11/07/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Cerrberus
Loot trading does not help you gear faster.
It does if you join with 2-3 friends and abuse the system to steal loot from unsuspecting PuGs.

Say you're a rogue and you pick up a random rogue as your 5th group member. They won't get a single piece of loot because your friends can always roll for you and trade the item to you. Your odds of winning will be several times higher than his.

Loot mistakes are few and far between, and their first option should be improving the UI. Creating a massive loophole for everyone to exploit is just lazy and inexcusable.
11/07/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Gloriontwo
I really dislike the idea of loot trading. Part of the grind is chasing that piece of gear and getting the satisfaction when it finally drops. If someone else can just trade it to you day 1, then it really takes the fun out of it IMO. I would say no loot trading.

I don't think you understand what loot trading is... Please read up on it.
let me ask ya something then. If a person does say "hey, i want that blue you won" and if you don't give it to them, will that make them like you more?

there will always be a way to somehow get loot that either isn't yours or doesn't belong to you. Master loot does seem the safest route, but combined with loot trading its just a matter of determining what someones "Price" is. Oh you like to raid? well, let me have a few epics and i gurantee you a spot on the next bwl.

i don't believe loot trading is an effective means to the ends blizzard is trying to establish.
11/07/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Starmage
i don't believe loot trading is an effective means to the ends blizzard is trying to establish.
Agreed, I think it's a lazy way to reduce their own workload while forcing players to put up with all kinds of new loot abuse.

Maybe they should try fixing the loot UI first? Or, here's a crazy idea, tell people "tough luck" when they make a mistake. That's how it was for us during Vanilla and we were perfectly fine with that.
I think the OP believes there is personal loot...

Basically this just allows you to trade a piece of loot you rolled on and won for 2 hours after you've looted it to a member of the party you were in. As loot does not directly go to a person (like personal loot is now), this does not change AT ALL how loot is distributed. It basically just saves GMs from Master Loot mistakes.

The only downside is all members of a party rolling on a piece of loot only to give it to their friend/guildy rather than the random player they picked up.

The other possible downside is people constantly asking you for a piece that just dropped and you won. In Vanilla, when a piece dropped and you got it, that was it. No one could just ask you for it (or beg).

All of this said, I think the only thing really needing to be addressed is the first point - guildies teaming up and "stealing" loot from another player (who is helping them finish an instance, after all).
11/07/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Nahyo
The only downside is all members of a party rolling on a piece of loot only to give it to their friend/guildy rather than the random player they picked up.
Is that really the only downside? What's going to stop me from rolling on a BiS piece of Druid gear and then telling you "If you want it you can pay me 10g"?

I'm a Shaman, so technically I might have a use for that gear...
The real downside is that it will make ninjaing less transparent, and reduce trust among pugging community. Now pugging with people from a guild will make you paranoid because they can trade loot to each other. It makes ninja looting even more of a problem.
11/07/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Daturas
The real downside is that it will make ninjaing less transparent, and reduce trust among pugging community. Now pugging with people from a guild will make you paranoid because they can trade loot to each other. It makes ninja looting even more of a problem.

Exactly this. Loot trading will prevent players from ninja looting in the traditional sense, but as a result will allow players to ninja in a more subtle way. You're not going to eliminate ninja looting if your approach allows players to achieve the same results with the added bonus of making it look like they "didn't mean to do it!"
You guys realize that needing is probably going to make it not tradeable, right? Don't worry about an increase in ninja looting. It's not even a tool for ninja looting anyway, it's a tool for master looter distribution errors...
11/07/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Vilebane
11/07/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Gloriontwo

I don't think you understand what loot trading is... Please read up on it.

I played retail until BFA. I know exactly what loot trading is.
Yes, because having to open a ticket for a piece of loot is soo great. Dudes, get over yourselves. Some of these changes are fine. And before y'all complain about "oh you weren't there in classic". I was. In fact, I remember how much aspects of it sucked which is why I am fine with loot trading and sharding because rationality wins out
Loot trading is not a feature from any 1.x patch, so I don't think it should be in Classic.

It should end there, in my opinion.