ARMORY

Website Bug Report
I have submitted a ticket and a bug report on Armory not updating, support said Armory was a known issue so when is the fix coming? It might not seem important to everyone, but if Armory isn't working, I can't update my collection on Warcraft pets. This is something I take very seriously, mount and pet collecting is the basis of my game play. I know sometimes issues can take a while to be fixed I am only asking if anyone from Blizz might have an idea of when?
11/08/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Askania
ticket and a bug report
The GMs don't deal with website issues.

Those need to be posted here, if the thread doesn't get moved by one of the SFAs: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1025938/
support said Armory was a known issue so when is the fix coming?

They don't provide ETAs for things like this especially when it's not necessarily effecting everyone.

While the armory can be convenient, it's not required in order to play the game.
The armory has always had periods when updates were slow to happen - sometimes taking months.

As blizzard is currently rewriting the forums and web site, I would not expect major fixes to the current site.
11/08/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Perl
support said Armory was a known issue so when is the fix coming?

They don't provide ETAs for things like this especially when it's not necessarily effecting everyone.

While the armory can be convenient, it's not required in order to play the game.

And yet on the bug report forums, which I just found thanks to Mulberry, everyone is complaining about armory not updating their raid progessions, causing difficulties in invites. So your theory on it not being required for game play is false. I am not a raider, this is just what I read from all the others complaining about armory not updating.
11/08/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Askania
So your theory on it not being required for game play is false.

Oh really? So you're not able to log in and play? Because I'm willing to bet you can. The armory is a bonus feature. It was added long after WoW was even launched. The game will load and play perfectly without it.

In fact, Blizz could choose to turn off the armory tomorrow if they wanted to.

As for the "difficulties in invites", that's due to a third party app that people like to use to try and judge another player's ability to play the game. Again, that can be accomplished without the armory.

Edit: And here we are in the Website bug report forums.
11/08/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Askania
So your theory on it not being required for game play is false.

No. They could get rid of the Armory tomorrow and the game would be entirely unchanged.

It'd be like trying to find groups in Classic all over again. Merit, not spreadsheets.

Being "required for game play" is an entirely social, player-driven construct that can be removed at any given time with absolutely no impact beyond player perception. We don't even pay for it.
perl when you riad its important and it impacts your game play as you cant get invited to the higher groups and is a massive hit to guild recruiting so its massive
11/08/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Christiine
perl when you riad its important and it impacts your game play as you cant get invited to the higher groups and is a massive hit to guild recruiting so its massive

And that isn't something that is a Blizzard thing. That is a social thing that players have implemented. There is nothing in the rules or in the programing that says you have to have a certain raider io score or whatever other arbitrary metric players have come up with.

Again the Armory is not required to play the game. It isn't even maintained by the game developers it is part of the website.
Posting behind an alt. How brave.

Anyone who does a lick of PVE content knows that achievements/linking progress matters.

It just the Meta in how PUG groups are formed. Just like irl, you want people that appear to have the most experience and skill to work with.

It is simply filters out players who are unwilling or unable to put the same amount of work into progressing their PVE characters. With how inflated gear is atm, raid-prog/raider.io is at least some metric to filter out below par players.

Therefore, armory not updating for 12 days affects people that enjoy and care about PVE.

If you prefer to play casually and not push content, this matter is irrelevant to you.

It is an issue for subscribers to the game, and Blizz should look into it, as it interferes with OCE player's enjoyment of the game.
Why are you arguing over the importance of the armory?

Many players rely on the armory and what it offers. It is an important tool players use to enhance their world of warcraft experience.

They are not taking it away.
It has an issue and it is being fixed.

We will just have to be patient and hope it is fixed sooner rather than later.

I would prefer them to be working on the solution rather than spending all day on the forum listening to rubbish wouldn't you?
11/09/2018 03:22 AMPosted by Jamanz
Why are you arguing over the importance of the armory?

Many players rely on the armory and what it offers. It is an important tool players use to enhance their world of warcraft experience.

They are not taking it away.
It has an issue and it is being fixed.

We will just have to be patient and hope it is fixed sooner rather than later.

I would prefer them to be working on the solution rather than spending all day on the forum listening to rubbish wouldn't you?

While I agree with what you said the biggest issue is no one has replied here or via some other means about the latest break down. The tickets to G.M's via game don't even say thanks we will pass this on to the proper department just hold on instead they ask us to post here which so far hasn't been effective in many people's mind given the 0 communication back.

So I doubt they are even reading our rubbish if they did maybe we would of got one reply to these threads and most of us not all would be happy to wait since it's been acknowledged and being worked on to fix.

Right now this could go on for a year who knows? Could be fixed tomorrow who knows? A simple reply from a blizzard website employee would fix a lot of these threads but the most frustrating thing that no one seems to be monitoring it compared to customer support forums for example where you see plenty of blue posts.
Absolutely 100% Holyshockz