DK Tank in 8.1

Death Knight
How bad are the nerfs looking boys?
Not enough to remove them from the top 2..BrM and blood will still be top 2 tanks afk 8.1
were in good shape for 8.1, the armor nerf is literally nothing because once we get more strength it will actually give us more armor with bone shield. the bonestorm nerf is meh but hey I don't think they nerfed the damage and the heal nerf is okay but still really strong. I always tank and usually stick to the plate tanks exclusively and I will NOT be rerolling this patch unless some other massive nerfs come out. Or warriors just become gods but I don't think that is going to be happening at all.
they arent really nerfs. If you run strength trinkets the change is actually a buff believe it or not.

The changes to the bottom tier does nothing to bring them up.

We are looking strong.
11/10/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Slashdozer
they arent really nerfs. If you run strength trinkets the change is actually a buff believe it or not.

The changes to the bottom tier does nothing to bring them up.

We are looking strong.

just focus on ilvl +str and welcome back to normal tank mode ><
It's a tiny raid nerf and only if you use WotN in raids.
The biggest nerf will be to bonestorm but only matter if you were doing 10+ mob pulls and relying on it to survive.

That should be a VERY small percentage of players.

Past that, second worse will be the Will of the Necrop nerf. That will certainly add up and may seem like its bigger than it is because (for some reason?) it shows up on the HPS chart when we reduce damage in that way.

I'd say that talent was WAY too strong for how passive and free it is though, so I'm glad its getting nerfed.
Think about it still being a thirty percent damage reduction when you are low though. Really not bad at all, but I'd love a world where Rune Tap was the go-to again for sure.

The armor changes amount to very little, especially since we already have extremely low armor. Maybe the lowest of any tank? Not sure, haven't checked.

Realistically, Blood DK is going to be as strong as ever because the things that make them strong are just not something that can be nerfed.
11/11/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Metrohaha
The biggest nerf will be to bonestorm but only matter if you were doing 10+ mob pulls and relying on it to survive.

That should be a VERY small percentage of players.

Past that, second worse will be the Will of the Necrop nerf. That will certainly add up and may seem like its bigger than it is because (for some reason?) it shows up on the HPS chart when we reduce damage in that way.

I'd say that talent was WAY too strong for how passive and free it is though, so I'm glad its getting nerfed.
Think about it still being a thirty percent damage reduction when you are low though. Really not bad at all, but I'd love a world where Rune Tap was the go-to again for sure.

The armor changes amount to very little, especially since we already have extremely low armor. Maybe the lowest of any tank? Not sure, haven't checked.

Realistically, Blood DK is going to be as strong as ever because the things that make them strong are just not something that can be nerfed.

Ironically the biggest nerf for DKs in keystones wasn't really even meant specifically for them. Making necrotic a physical dot is the only nerf that really hurt s DKs in 5 mans.