Wrath of the Lich King. 10 Years Later....

General Discussion
and it's still the best thing Blizzard has ever created.

What was your best memory of November 2008?
11/10/2018 12:18 AMPosted by Serika

The end of year party at work. They used to be absolute dynamite.
November 2008? I was a Mormon Missionary knocking doors in the Bible belt, I don't think even the Scourge looked as scary as angry Southern Baptist's.
11/10/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix
November 2008? I was a Mormon Missionary knocking doors in the Bible belt, I don't think even the Scourge looked as scary as angry Southern Baptist.
Make sure to not be alone in any room with a MAN!!!!!!
Doing the DK starting zone for the first time.
Vanilla, BC, WotLK and Early-mid Cata were the good times
I don't remember what day it was. But I log in and zombie and other crap were killing everyone. it so fun. I went from level 49 to 60 in about a hour.
11/10/2018 01:04 AMPosted by Tastty
I don't remember what day it was. But I log in and zombie and other crap were killing everyone. it so fun. I went from level 49 to 60 in about a hour.

most annoying thing EVER! ...until you gave up on what you had in mind and joined in.. =p
I remember something about a sword with int on it and a slight bit of drama caused by something need or greed.
i dont want to talk about it with strangers
11/10/2018 12:18 AMPosted by Serika

Sailing into Howling Fjord through the ravine to Valgarde. The music, the burning ship overhead, the sheer size of it all. I am currently levelling a new DI toon through Northrend. So many happy feels. :)

Know that song, "Let the bodies hit the floor"?
Now imagine it happening, multiply the blood, bodies, and joy i felt by 50%.

now imagine how there was no goblin or worgen dks....
im really happy the people that wanted classic got what they were asking for.... i wish it was wotlk being re-released tho
It was not good, it just had Arthas and Flying at launch.
the chills in my body riding that boat to howling fjord, that music was so immersive, while opening up a new hostile land to explore.

I have not had the feeling since.
playing fetch with my pet while waiting for dungeons to end, because they were THAT easy to heal.
Doing the DK campaign for the first time was so big for me, especially since it was my first expansion and I had no idea about any of the established lore.
Standing outside GameStop, freezing my a$$ off, with a couple hundred other people. the night of release...
I remember at the time we had those Gold DKP runs where everybody would "bid" on whatever piece of gear dropped, and that gold went into a pot which was distributed among the rest of the raid. I used to absolutely love those because not only was ICC very fun I never felt like I left empty handed.

I also remember being blown away when Ulduar was released, just by the raw size & scope of the raid.
i remember the first thing i got in the mail, which was the baby blizzard bear during the anniversary week