Hunter DPS crappy

Hunter
So I was raiding last night I’m only doing around 8-9.5k most of the time as a beast mastery hunter. I’m hitting too dps of about 10k most fight which I’m item lvl 345. My question is I’m seeing people do like 14-16k consistently while I tend to taper off very fast. Is that normal bc my friend is doing like 12k damage all the time?
11/10/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Johnnyloko
So I was raiding last night I’m only doing around 8-9.5k most of the time as a beast mastery hunter. I’m hitting too dps of about 10k most fight which I’m item lvl 345. My question is I’m seeing people do like 14-16k consistently while I tend to taper off very fast. Is that normal bc my friend is doing like 12k damage all the time?

Well looking at your vectis kill most of the raid was pretty low aside from the 2 purple parses, you and the other 2 hunters grey and green parsed which is pretty low.

Without looking into why you parsed so low I assume its rotation and not knowing fight mechanics. It's not that BM is bad it's just you didnt play it very well, but that could be for a number of reasons, 2 I mentioned above.

I'd suggest practicing rotation and gearing up, it's pretty easy to hit 360+. Gear alone wont make you better, your base dps will obviously go up but you really need to master the rotation.
11/10/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Moonuredps

Well looking at your vectis kill most of the raid was pretty low aside from the 2 purple parses, you and the other 2 hunters grey and green parsed which is pretty low.

Without looking into why you parsed so low I assume its rotation and not knowing fight mechanics. It's not that BM is bad it's just you didnt play it very well, but that could be for a number of reasons, 2 I mentioned above.

I'd suggest practicing rotation and gearing up, it's pretty easy to hit 360+. Gear alone wont make you better, your base dps will obviously go up but you really need to master the rotation.

I’m currently using hekilli to help with my rotation which is use all the time. Can it not be using the proper rotation?

Looking at parses without normalizing by ilvl is 100% pointless though. At this point in the patch, everyone is overgeared as hell and looking at flat parses says nothing but how close they are to people who have been playing from the start and have multiple RoA stacks.

He parsed blue by ilvl on that fight, which is decent, probably where someone will be without chugging consumables on a normal raid. I doubt there are a lot of rotational issues going on. Just gear up.
11/10/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Orangesilk

Looking at parses without normalizing by ilvl is 100% pointless though. At this point in the patch, everyone is overgeared as hell and looking at flat parses says nothing but how close they are to people who have been playing from the start and have multiple RoA stacks.

He parsed blue by ilvl on that fight, which is decent, probably where someone will be without chugging consumables on a normal raid. I doubt there are a lot of rotational issues going on. Just gear up.

Correct but his others were green. I just picked his highest parse.

Assuming your friend is also BM, compare your logs.
Assuming ur pet dies and you try to rez it in arena from behind pillar but instead it gets rezzed inside the wall never to attack again. Oh wait wrong forum...just happened
You were ilevel 344 on your parses. You cant outdps ilevel 370's 12k dps. What I'm saying is your DPS is okay. You cant outdps highly geared people.

But we BMs have advantage on Mother fight. I had a parse when I beat ilevel 370's with me only on ilevel 355. DPS while dancing away from poo is my favorite fights. Don't criticize my other parses though. Many of my parses from PuGs were when I was not on my keyboard when somebody pulled the Bosses. I hate PuGs when they don't throw a countdown on pull. But I cant do anything coz I am limited to Dungeon Finder with my casual play time.
You’re doing fine. Your sim dps for a single target fight is around 10.5k. If you’re doing around 9k by the end of the fight, you’re in good shape. If you want to pull 15-18k single target, you need around 375ilvl with perfectly optimized stats or 380-385 with less optimal stats.