Would Maiev or Farondis be better leaders?

Story Forum
Price farondis-i was hoping so badly to get to play one of those undead night elves as an allied race. Seriously though he should be all over this expansion after the crap he pulled challenging azhara.

Maiev-i honestly believe that blizzard has something planned for her. Perhaps a hero class (warden) in the future. Possibly after she gets her dungeon in order.
As much as i like maiev, i wouldn't trust her to be leading the nelfs.
i have no doubt of her military capabilities or her resolve to do what you have to do.

probably maiev is the closest thing that the alliance can aspire as equivalent to sylvanas.
but like sylvanas, she should stay in the background doing all the morally gray stuff.
now sylvanas is almost facing a civil war because of her "military actions"

Maiev lets her emotions drive her, she kinda ignores the consequences for her actions and much less the consequences that the nelfs could face if she has poor politics and diplomacy skills.

imagine maiev leading the alliance? vengeance incarnate, while probably fun to see (i would love it) it would be kinda against almost every alliance principle.

my point is, tyrande is fine simply because i see her with more diplomacy and political skills.
Maiev don't share that trait, but she is an extremely effective and capable military leader. and she should stay that way.
11/10/2018 11:52 PMPosted by Chåoslord
i was hoping so badly to get to play one of those undead night elves as an allied race.
Perhaps a hero class (warden) in the future.
Do you just think Blizzard will make everything playable?
11/11/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Grandblade
i was hoping so badly to get to play one of those undead night elves as an allied race.
Perhaps a hero class (warden) in the future.
Do you just think Blizzard will make everything playable?

People think centaurs will be playable.
Now that Tyrande and Malfurion are FINALLY kicking into gear, I absolutely do not want to see them replaced. Maiev is fine where she is, being the somewhat-psychotic leader of the Wardens who pops out of nowhere to kick !@# and take names.

Farondis is never going to appear again. It'd be interesting though if Elune intervened and broke the curse, restoring them to life like how she turned that satyr back into a night elf. The aftermath could be the inverse of the Nightborne, where the newly-alive Highborne of Nar'thalas rejoin the greater Kaldorei nation. The Broken Isles would then effectively be Azsuna and Val'sharah for the Alliance, Highmountain and Suramar for the Horde, and Stormheim as still neutral.
I'd take Staghelm over Tyrande and Malf. Heck, I'd take an OC over Tyrande and Malf.

So yes I'd love Maiev in a position of leadership. She should throw a coup! Second time's the charm!
If forgot how much Valshara made malfurion look like a sissy in captivity, and Tyrande look selfish.

But I don't think that Farondis is ever coming back. Even if I mained a Night Elf, I dont think that Azuna really builds a significant connection to him with the PC enough for him to be an Night Elf faction leader. He's just a ghost of the past.

Maiev, thoughd... iirc, she is the former priestess of Elune, right? and has just as much fanbase as Tyrande, I would imagine. I think she could easily take over the night elves.

I forsee a possibility of Tyrande going darkside this expansion with the Night Warrior powers changing her somehow, although after Teldrassil, that is a 'kick the fanbase while they are down' development. But on the otherhand there are a few night elf fans out there that have had enough of Tyrande and Malfurion, so who knows they might do it.
Tyrande and Malfurion, much like Reignac said, are fine where they are and are on course to correct what past grievances were brought up about them; They wanted the pair to DO something with their supposed power. Though the Night Warrior scenario is still 'bad' to some degrees, it has been softened with the recent changes.

As it currently stands, if Blizzard dedicates themselves to this course for Night Elves with Night Warrior, it'll address a lot of past complaints. Including the action that Night Elf fans crave their faction to take and fist pump moments.

This division between Night Elves/Worgen and the Alliance? I like this. Kaldorei have always had an independent style from the Humanizing nature of the Alliance. In fact, it's their greatest strength. It keeps them on par with the Horde by themselves alone. You have to remember the only reason the War of the Thorns was a success, even if it was an extremely difficult success for the Horde to do, was because Saurfang played Anduin like a fiddle and tricked him into believing the Horde was going down south to Silithus. Then, as we see from the actual battles, The Horde was just barely able to manage to actually GET to Teldrassil.
I'd follow Farondis *waggles eyebrows* Sorry, he was my Legion crush >_> I wish Blizzard would update us on whether or not their curse was broken.
11/11/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Detrik
I'd take Staghelm over Tyrande and Malf.
I'd rather just have him back to congratulate Malfurion on finally seeing the light. He got hit with the Old God villain bat because Alliance characters weren't allowed to be militant or anti-Horde before BfA and it sucks because now we have... who? Admiral Rogers left? She's not an A-lister so I guarantee she's dead before the expansion ends. Alliance doesn't get to keep their B or C listers like the Horde doesn't keep it's Warchiefs.
11/11/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Tilgath
Farondis is never going to appear again. It'd be interesting though if Elune intervened and broke the curse, restoring them to life like how she turned that satyr back into a night elf.

Now... now I want Tyrande to have an Aragorn moment with Farondis.

"Fight for us, and I will release you."
Farondis is also undead.
It'd be pretty hypocritical of them to accept an undead as a leader into the Alliance when they are always hating on Sylvanas because she is undead
11/10/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Anyaceltica
Maiev is the ideal Kal'dorei warrior. Savage in her hunt, yet a survivor. Unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Which makes her a loose cannon you very carefully aim and step well back. Not a person you put in charge of a people, a faction, or anything more populated thana a parking lot,

Her brother Jarod on the other hand, actually led a multi-racial army against the Burning Legion and managed not to turn into a nutcase while doing so.

He's the perfect example of those who are best suited for power are the ones most reluctant to take it.
11/11/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Azutaaro
Farondis is also undead.
It'd be pretty hypocritical of them to accept an undead as a leader into the Alliance when they are always hating on Sylvanas because she is undead

No... Everyone hates Sylvanas because she's evil. The Alliance accepted DKs back in Wrath. Anduin looks up to Alonsus Faol. Faol and the Desolate Council helped Greymane get over his blind hatred of all undead. And in the Darkshore scenario, instead of rejecting Sira and Delaryn, Tyrande calls out to them in acceptance and sympathy to "resist the shadows" (until they go Horde).

Conversely, we've done this same storyline before with Garrosh. He was very much not-undead, and everyone still came to hate him. Because he was evil.
11/10/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Detrik
Tyrande's and Malfurion's heads. On pikes. In front of Orgrimmar's enterance for all too see.

Tyrande abandoned her people for the most cowardly of reasons in the War of Thorns, and Malfurion's too OP for the story to function. I wish Saurfang would have landed the killing blow then, it would have made for a better story.

Maiev or Shandris FTW.

I think some people judge Tyrande too harshly for her decisions, she does have her reasons and logic behind them. But seeing how easily both she and Malfurion defeated Saurfang on two separate occasions, one might think her joining him against Sylvanas and Saurfang could have possibly taken them both out.

Regarding Jarod, yes, he might be a better leader than Maiev, although kaldorei society seems to have been female-dominated for 10,000 years, and he was introduced in the novels instead of the game, therefore some people may not know exactly who he is.
11/11/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Galenorn
11/11/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Azutaaro
Farondis is also undead.

No... Everyone hates Sylvanas because she's evil. The Alliance accepted DKs back in Wrath. Anduin looks up to Alonsus Faol. Faol and the Desolate Council helped Greymane get over his blind hatred of all undead. And in the Darkshore scenario, instead of rejecting Sira and Delaryn, Tyrande calls out to them in acceptance and sympathy to "resist the shadows" (until they go Horde).

Tyrande could have tried using the kaldorei death knights as a unique kind of go-between the dark rangers and her living people. They understand the trauma of being killed, raised and turned against your loved ones firsthand, and yet some of them at least seem to remain loyal to the night elves, at least enough to go to other worlds on behalf of the Alliance cause. They could show Sira and Delaryn that while difficult, it is possible to adapt to your new circumstances over time.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Arebia_Wintercall
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lleanya_Mourningsong
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Raevyn_Sorrowblade

Even if they couldn't sway them, they would at least make an interesting counter to the kaldorei dark rangers, and heighten the parallels between Arthas and Sylvanas (death knights vs. rangers).
I don't have any grievances with Malfurion or Tyrande. And I think the Night Warrior thing is actually a cool idea, even if the execution isn't the best.

11/11/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Mellow
If forgot how much Valshara made malfurion look like a sissy in captivity

How did it do that? The only time you see the real Malfurion, he's handling his captivity extremely well.
11/11/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Pellex
How did it do that? The only time you see the real Malfurion, he's handling his captivity extremely well.
So says the shadow of Xavius.
I don't know how this hasn't been said yet.... If Tyrande and Malf die, it is 1000000000000% chance Shandris and Jerod become the new Nelf power couple and defacto rulers.

We really should just start calling them Jandris or Sherod now.
11/11/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Thragan
I don't know how this hasn't been said yet.... If Tyrande and Malf die, it is 1000000000000% chance Shandris and Jerod become the new Nelf power couple and defacto rulers.

We really should just start calling them Jandris or Sherod now.
You mean the power couple that was pulled out of thin air for Wolfheart immediately following the death of Jarod's wife, and then never mentioned again because Jarod and Shandris have had zero interaction following this?

Yeah, I would say the chances are a bit lower than that.