Sorry but mobile gaming is the future

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
So you would want WoW to be a "one season wonder" like they call it in Football and then drown into obscurity with a popup ad everytime you click on some random node?

Future it seems hahahahha
11/11/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Sathyrx
i find myself playing mobile more than anything else these days, yes even wow

How are you playing wow on mobile "more than anything"? Cause if all you are doing is the command table then you aren't really playing wow. Also you eventually will have to log in just to get resources to use the command table which will take time so there is no way you are playing wow on your phone MORE than on "anything." Your first statement is false so I have no reason to trust anything beyond that.
i find myself playing mobile more than anything else these days, yes even wow.

Most of us have busy lives and the mobile games compliment that life style.

When i get home im usually getting ready for bed, or have other obligations. Its rare i can sit down in front of my laptop and get in some dungeons or raiding anymore. If it wasnt for the level boost i prbably wouldnt even be playing this game.

I can understand the logic around the new diablo mobile game. This is the way things are going now.

Nothing wrong with it. Me personally, I don't like mobile gaming. I don't find touching my phone or iPad to play a game very fun or when you have a joy stick looking image, it doesn't read your thumb too good and causes movement issues. I prefer gaming via keyboard and mouse or controller if I am on a console. PC gaming is my main choice though.

Most of us have busy lives and the mobile games compliment that life style.

When i get home im usually getting ready for bed, or have other obligations. Its rare i can sit down in front of my laptop and get in some dungeons or raiding anymore. If it wasnt for the level boost i prbably wouldnt even be playing this game.

I can understand the logic around the new diablo mobile game. This is the way things are going now.

No. I'll play some puzzle based games on my smart phone, but I sure as heck am not playing any real games on it. I rarely speed more than 5 to 10 minutes tops at a time playing anything on a phone. I have no desire to try and play anything remotely related to a real ARPG, MMO-RPG, or RTS on a tiny-a$$ screen with no real controls aside from a touch screen.

Okay, so that's you. That's not everyone. Things change for everyone all the time.

Oh... And WoW isn't on mobile. Doing missions on your phone isn't "playing". It's missions.

I play things like Candy Crush, but that's about it.

Activision's 'logic' and yours about this are entirely different, they don't care about anything but cash, that's THEIR logic for this.

Enjoy playing the dumbed-down WOW on your phone.
I have the same feelings of buying/playing a mobile Diablo as I do trading my truck for a segway.

And besides I save non PC time for forum raids.
Tetris .. Gameboy .. 1988

That was the debut of a game that is still on the top of the best seller's chart of all time. It moved from there to all kinds of devices - PC's, consoles, and other mobile platforms.

Yes - Gameboy is a mobile gaming device, just like your iphone.

So, tell yourselves all day that you can't play "real games" on mobile or whatever. You're not doing anything other than making a personal judgement call as to what you consider a a real game.
11/11/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Guyaota
bwahahaha no it really isnt. Most mobile games dont last long nor do they retain players for any real length of time. once you hit the pay wall, and the whales show up the game pretty much dies off.

Mobile gaming is for people who dont really play PC or console video games or just want something to do at work on their phones

RoV (a mobile game) is the most popular game in south east asia, played by everyone. My thai friends would tell me about it, and I was like, a game on your phone, what lol? But someone got me to play it with them, and it's pretty cool.
11/11/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Doomclan
I dunno. "AAA" publishers have been wrong about the future being a lot of things, like "singleplayer is dead" or "nobody wants horror games", only to be proven wrong by indies that go on to be incredibly successful.

They know there's a market for single player games and horror games and that those two things are very much not dead. They're just making those claims to help justify their rampant greed to the normie masses who buy into their games every release.

It's much more profitable for them to make everything multiplayer as people are much more likely to buy "microtransactions" in a multiplayer game than they are in a single player one.

So they're screaming from the mountain tops that singleplayer is dead
11/12/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Mvura

That was the debut of a game that is still on the top of the best seller's chart of all time. It moved from there to all kinds of devices - PC's, consoles, and other mobile platforms.

So, tell yourselves all day that you can't play "real games" on mobile or whatever. You're not doing anything other than making a personal judgement call as to what you consider a a real game.

While handhelds always sold better than consoles, I don't think anyone can claim that they ever were a replacement for consoles.

You're overlooking one major thing here - the GBA is a gaming platform with dedicated controls and no touchscreen. The only thing you can do with a GBA is play games, as that's what it was designed to do. Even the Nintendo switch has dedicated controls, but added a touch screen.

The difference between a touch screen only device and a dedicated gaming system cannot be overstated. The dedicated gaming system will always provide a better environment and experience for taking games on the go. A phone isn't going to do that. There's been a large number of companies that have tried to provide controller peripherals for phones and they've all been lack-luster at best.
Mobile gaming is not gaming and it most definitely is not the future. Mobile is for small periods of time. Riding a bus or taking a dump. If I want to play seriously, I go PC or console.
I remember playing on my Atari. Then this big hunk of metal and plastic with a MONOCHROME monitor showed up. The games came on floppy disks. The PC gaming era had begun.

Like deja vu reading many of the messages in this thread. The mobile era for gaming began years ago, people.
i find myself playing mobile more than anything else these days, yes even wow. I can understand the logic around the new diablo mobile game. This is the way things are going now.

Your personal testimony does not equal empirical evidence.

Grow up.
Then the future will be grim.
It probably took me a full minute looking at a game on a phone to realize that I will use and prefer my gaming computer with keyboard and mouse to play games.

When I can't use them to play (my only online game is WOW) I'll just go back to doing stuff around the homestead, go fishing or hunting or foraging. Practice various real world hobbies.

My farm computer is still running software I wrote back in the 90's to keep up with some stuff, much is still pen n paper records.

Do run an old accounting program for the dang tax man to stay happy.

In the real world I"ve spent many years developing my land and place to be able to enjoy any modern stuff available that enhances my life, while retaining the ability to drop back to a pre electrification level of life should times get grubby.

One thing I do find value is I can get farm / commodity prices anytime on line or weather, etc which helps farming. I used to have to catch the radio farm reports and now it can be on my time instead of the radio stations time. Both, however worked and I would adapt.

I just don't see me playing games on my flip phone.

Don't do tablet or "smart" phones.

Even tend to use the farm radio over cell phones for reliable coms out and about. With repeaters I can reach all over the county on the 2 meter band.

As a child, my mom had a van with a tv in it. We would connect our nintendo 64 to it, and play video games while traveling. Was the Nintendo 64 considered a mobile gaming device also?
11/12/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Maenyc
It probably took me a full minute looking at a game on a phone to realize that I will use and prefer my gaming computer with keyboard and mouse to play games.

Handheld systems have been a thing for a long time now, and while they have always sold better have never taken over or replaced console/pcs. Anyone trying to tell you that mobile is THE future of gaming and not a side future is either trying to sell you on the concept or sell themselves on the concept.
idk iv been playing ffbe for 2 years now and i think iv only ever spent money on the game once