Sorry but mobile gaming is the future

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
Mobile is for people that don't game. Usually they realize it's a micro transaction scam and move on or quit. It's like the blizz execs read some old article about the miracle of Zanga and now want to emulate.
11/11/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Lorash
I have no interest in playing an MMO on tiny !@# screen.

+1
and if I were Id not have just spent hundreds on two 27 inch monitors.

I'll go play FF14 before Id play on a mobile device.
I agree as well.
I don't know why people are angry over this.

I am expecting WoW mobile in 1-2 years.
Lineage 2 mobile is making more money than WoW per month.
This is probably the last PC expansion then we will hit WoW 2.0, but on mobile+PC instead.

This is a great time to invest into their stocks.
With mobile Diablo in Eastern Asia, and upcoming mobile SC/WC/WoW, Blizzard can potentially have 4x billions dollars IPs.
11/11/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Thequixote
Mobile is for people that don't game. Usually they realize it's a micro transaction scam and move on or quit. It's like the blizz execs read some old article about the miracle of Zanga and now want to emulate.

So the largest percent of gaming revenue comes from...non-gamers?
11/11/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Älpha
Mobile Wow: play for an hour charge battery rinse repeat
PC WoW: play unlimited

You forgot to mention "charge in-game currency to P2W, rinse and repeat" on mobile,
And for PC, "monthly sub, play unlimited".

11/11/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Laurethelas
Like our parents looked at video games and didn't get the appeal, and thought it was just a fad for kids- we're looking at phones the same way- but in thirty years phones will be the norm, and people will be making fun of us old folks for playing video games like it's bingo night or knitting.

The main problem with mobile games are P2W games, which some are even no different than gambling. Because mobile games which are making money, are making it from those P2W slot machines/loot boxes.

Those aren't "video games". Those belong in Las Vegas.

11/11/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Haruhi
Lineage 2 mobile is making more money than WoW per month.

So we live in a world where a game with "auto play (basically an official bot)" which makes more than WoW...
I bet its making money by luring people in to buying P2W items or whatever.
Yes, there will be more mobile games. But who cares? Play them if you want.
Ignore them if you want. People need to stop acting as if mobile games
are all anyone is going to make.
11/11/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Raggnaroks
All I want is to be able to play WoW while surfing Facebook and sending #%#!##@@ pics.

Is that too much to ask?
Actually, Im usually working a lot on websites while Im playing, other than group content.
I'll quest for a bit, or whatever, then jump into some website code that needs fixing or changed, then back in for a few more quests.
Im actually playing on one monitor right now while Im typing this on the other.
Exactly why I bought two monitors to begin with, other than when Im in the mood to run two characters so our group can do 5 mans without the hassle of waiting in queue.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288541/mythic-taloc-tanked-and-defeated-using-handheld-device

Edit: The nightmare became a reality.
11/11/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Sathyrx
i find myself playing mobile more than anything else these days, yes even wow.

Most of us have busy lives and the mobile games compliment that life style.

When i get home im usually getting ready for bed, or have other obligations. Its rare i can sit down in front of my laptop and get in some dungeons or raiding anymore. If it wasnt for the level boost i prbably wouldnt even be playing this game.

I can understand the logic around the new diablo mobile game. This is the way things are going now.

lololol

For you, maybe it's true..

Not for me and many others...

Try again
how DO you play Wow on mobile?
Change it to 'Games on Mobile is the Future' because people tend to hate Mobile Games because 75% of them are cash grabs and not a majority of the game a proper game, most of them even forcibly limit progression to encourage paying more money too and thats leaked into proper games because of Mobile Game support.
11/11/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Tantaluss
how DO you play Wow on mobile?

Its simple really

you dont
11/11/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Azivalla
11/11/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Thequixote

So the largest percent of gaming revenue comes from...non-gamers?

Some mobile games are legit. But In a lot of them nothing you do matters. You’ll battle when it says you can battle, you’ll click this thing it’s highlighted then the other thing. Yay it gave you a new hero for clicking what it told you to click!

Now do your 5 allotted battles for the day, progress the designated amount and wait for tomorrow (or pay to continue).

Oh your too weak for this guy, better train up, what you already did 5 battles? You can’t train up yet (unless you pay).

Oh see this rare character that’s just straight up better than what you have in every way? He’s only available to mvp players (spend over X dollars for a small chance at him).

There’s no gameplay, it’s all click and watch it play out in front of you. You don’t do anything.
11/11/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Haruhi
I don't know why people are angry over this.
Angry?
You a therapist or something?
No one is angry. Just stating plain facts.
Ive tried mobile games. I hate mobile games. I wont play mobile games.
Therefore IF Blizzard were actually stupid enough (they arent btw) to move WoW solely to mobile devices Id immediately close three WoW accounts down and never look back.
Theres always FF14 for when this game gets too annoying, dont ya know.
I think there's room for both. Yeah, mobile games are pretty convenient and when you play them on a tablet instead of a phone, it works. I play a lot of mobile games, mostly sandboxish games like SimpleRockets and Factorio, and MMOs like Order and Chaos 2.

I also play EvE Online, WoW, and Star Trek Online which would never work on a mobile because PCs are still king with CPU and GPU processing power. The big screen helps too. Imagine trying to press all those spell icons on a small screen.

Mobile games aren't a fad, but the PC desktop and laptop will still be around too.
Mobile games are for different types of customers than consoles/PCs. They're for those who want something to occupy their time in short bursts. When I'm on the train and have 15 minutes to kill? That's one thing. If I have a few hours of down time? I want a more immersive experience.
people who say their phone has a better cpu than their pc either don't know what they're talking about or have a very old PC. PC gaming isn't going anywhere and keeps getting more diverse. I'd argue that VR is the next big thing, once more people have the rig necessary and more games are available. Mobile gaming is always going to be less compelling gameplay simply due to size of screen and the controls.
11/11/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Sathyrx
i find myself playing mobile more than anything else these days, yes even wow.

Most of us have busy lives and the mobile games compliment that life style.

When i get home im usually getting ready for bed, or have other obligations. Its rare i can sit down in front of my laptop and get in some dungeons or raiding anymore. If it wasnt for the level boost i prbably wouldnt even be playing this game.

I can understand the logic around the new diablo mobile game. This is the way things are going now.
yes as adult lives become busy.. there is still plenty of younger generations that still play and dont have use for phones like we do.
11/11/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Hunecke
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288541/mythic-taloc-tanked-and-defeated-using-handheld-device

Edit: The nightmare became a reality.
Not a phone.
Its a mini windows 'laptop' from what I can see.
Not even remotely the same unless we're calling laptops 'mobile devices' now...which most of us arent.
The only reason why mobile games are becoming a thing is not to replace PC gaming but to compete other hand held devices.