Sorry but mobile gaming is the future

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 12 Next
11/11/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Suhuy
people who say their phone has a better cpu than their pc either don't know what they're talking about or have a very old PC. PC gaming isn't going anywhere and keeps getting more diverse. I'd argue that VR is the next big thing, once more people have the rig necessary and more games are available. Mobile gaming is always going to be less compelling gameplay simply due to size of screen and the controls.
yeah...VR I can see happening. I could do that myself. But that in essence is 'bigger' not smaller.
who in gods name would even care to go from a 27" monitor on a stable desktop to a 5" handheld crap screen that is so small you can barely see whats going on.
Not me.
Sorry, my mobile device doesn't have a tactile keyboard or a mouse and therefore is inferior.

If mobile gaming is the future, or the now; why don't they hold competitions of mobile gamers vs PC gamers and see how well it fares?
11/11/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Felonious
If mobile is the future, gaming is dead.

Couldn't have said it any better than that
Mobile gaming is for a kid like you.
Mobile gaming really is the future.

But that doesn't mean PC gaming is going away. I don't blame Blizzard for wanting to get more into mobile as most major developers have shied away from it.

Hearthstone was a massive success for them. And while there are a lot of bad mobile games out there, there are some pretty good ones too. I look forward to seeing what Blizz has coming out.
If mobile gaming is the future, then my son who will be born in two months will sadly never get to experience the amazing, heroic moments we all experienced growing up with real games.

Mobile games are nothing but a corporate excuse to rob people.
11/11/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Kudger
Mobile games are for different types of customers than consoles/PCs.

Unfortunately, Blizzard disagrees with you.
Because they announced Diablo Immortal at Blizzcon.
I must say I'm not against mobile videogaming for most genres... I must also say I'm a huge GameBoy fan since the first system launched back in 1990. However.. games conceived for PC or console being ported to mobile devices.. I don't know, this surpasses me.
11/11/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Sketches
Mobile gaming really is the future.

But that doesn't mean PC gaming is going away. I don't blame Blizzard for wanting to get more into mobile as most major developers have shied away from it.

Hearthstone was a massive success for them. And while there are a lot of bad mobile games out there, there are some pretty good ones too. I look forward to seeing what Blizz has coming out.
There are some really fun mobile games.
The wife and I bought a board game with all the expansions called Small world.
It is fan freakin tastic for what it is and we both love it.
The mobile version is every bit as fun. Plays the same anyway.

but it aint WoW.
Id play Smallworld on a tablet, not a phone...too small...and even then only while I was bored in the car with nothing to do but count my fingers and 11 toes.

I think someone mistook Blizzard for what they actually said and ran with some gossip instead of LISTENING to what was being said about their getting into some mobile games.

Seems to me that Diablo would actually work on mobile so not a huge deal most likely
Intense mythic raid boss battles in WoW on a 5 inch phone?
dont see that happening.
No they aren't.
11/11/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Sathyrx
i find myself playing mobile more than anything else these days, yes even wow.

Most of us have busy lives and the mobile games compliment that life style.

When i get home im usually getting ready for bed, or have other obligations. Its rare i can sit down in front of my laptop and get in some dungeons or raiding anymore. If it wasnt for the level boost i prbably wouldnt even be playing this game.

I can understand the logic around the new diablo mobile game. This is the way things are going now.

So your argument is... "I don't have much time and I play mobile games therefore everyone does"?

Cause I don't. There are lots of busy people who still play games and use a computer for various things.
11/11/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Viviornitier
11/11/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Kudger
Mobile games are for different types of customers than consoles/PCs.

Unfortunately, Blizzard disagrees with you.
Because they announced Diablo Immortal at Blizzcon.
uh...yeah...Diablo is like Warcraft...not world of warcraft.
They could get away with diablo on a tablet...they couldnt with WoW with so many mechanics going on in a mythic raid.
I can see a LOT of screaming going on and then a 90% sub drop rate very quickly after if WoW were forced into the mobile device arena and thats all you could play it on.
11/11/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Slayr
11/11/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Felonious
If mobile is the future, gaming is dead.

Couldn't have said it any better than that

But mobile is the future...since 2000s.
They generate billions and billions more than AAA games.

It is the future, and it is fun.
You can auto battle, earn rewards, and get top tier characters/cards by either playing or paying.
You have a choice on how much you want to progress, and how much time you want to invest in.

PC games can't do that.
This thread makes me very sad and scared for the future of gaming. RIP.
We'll see.

Probably not, especially if EA loses that case in Belgium.
Lootboxes will probably die off (At least in some countries.) as a result.
EU might then look into microtransactions as a whole.
If that happens and they crack down, it's pretty much game over.
11/11/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Wyler
I feel both strange and old for being upset that people spend so much time on their phones, and that my PC is becoming a relic (apparently?).

When I am home the only thing I use my phone for is to look up information about something if I am stuck. Oh and phone calls.
11/11/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Jamalia
11/11/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Sathyrx
Most of us have busy lives

Nothing new. You're the one changing. I've been playing on a computer for almost 40 years. It's what I'll keep doing. I hate small screens and the inevitable hand cramps from actively using a touch screen.

I won't play on a phone/tablet.

Remember when Atari was king nearly 40 years ago. And what Atari is now?

ActiBlizz is the king nowadays, as they bill themselves as the largest video game company in the U.S. today. I think ActiBlizz doesn't want to become what Atari is now so no big surprise the push into mobile.
I dont care if they make mobile games. I will care if they do not develope new PC/Console games to the same level they are now. If thats the case, I will just stop playing there games. I doubt I will be the only one. Whether thats something they care about as the cost per gain on mobile is stupid good (esspecialy if you just reuse code or steal it *cough* netease *cough*) they will make money in the mobile market.

*shrug*
11/11/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Haruhi
I agree as well.
I don't know why people are angry over this.

I am expecting WoW mobile in 1-2 years.
Lineage 2 mobile is making more money than WoW per month.
This is probably the last PC expansion then we will hit WoW 2.0, but on mobile+PC instead.

This is a great time to invest into their stocks.
With mobile Diablo in Eastern Asia, and upcoming mobile SC/WC/WoW, Blizzard can potentially have 4x billions dollars IPs.

if there is a mobile wow im done for sure.
Oh yea. A pay-to-win format is surely going to take the gaming industry by storm....