Sorry but mobile gaming is the future

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 12 Next
11/11/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Haruhi
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Couldn't have said it any better than that

But mobile is the future...since 2000s.
They generate billions and billions more than AAA games.

It is the future, and it is fun.
You can auto battle, earn rewards, and get top tier characters/cards by either playing or paying.
You have a choice on how much you want to progress, and how much time you want to invest in.

PC games can't do that.

About as much depth as a kiddy pool too...so simple games for the simple masses. Its a good way to make money for sure.

Edit: This isnt sarcasm. It really is a great way to make money. Its a proven model.
11/11/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Notagin

Nothing new. You're the one changing. I've been playing on a computer for almost 40 years. It's what I'll keep doing. I hate small screens and the inevitable hand cramps from actively using a touch screen.

I won't play on a phone/tablet.

Remember when Atari was king nearly 40 years ago. And what Atari is now?

ActiBlizz is the king nowadays, as they bill themselves as the largest video game company in the U.S. today. I think ActiBlizz doesn't want to become what Atari is now so no big surprise the push into mobile.

from my understanding Atari made some stupid business decisions that had absolutely zero to do with the size of the screen they were going to be played on.
Atari is gone because of bad business choices.
Such as the bad business decision to force, or try to force, World of Warcraft players from their desktop monitors to a handheld phone. Now that would be a bad business decision
11/11/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Jatari
uh...yeah...Diablo is like Warcraft...not world of warcraft.
They could get away with diablo on a tablet...they couldnt with WoW with so many mechanics going on in a mythic raid.
I can see a LOT of screaming going on and then a 90% sub drop rate very quickly after if WoW were forced into the mobile device arena and thats all you could play it on.

When Diablo Immortals was announced at Blizzcon,
I was asking myself "wait... is this why Blizzard started pruning in WoW?"

I'm not saying WoW might be going mobile btw.
Its something which just popped in to my head when I watched the announcement.
But I'd start worrying if they even go more deeper in to pruning next expansion.

I really hope it doesn't go that path.
And I hope WoW devs aren't as blind as Diablo devs.
Because during the Diablo Q&A session, they seem to be confident that the hardcore Diablo fans who enjoy Diablo on PC will enjoy it on mobile as well...

Source: https://youtu.be/D7uIk_sslXc?t=1188
BlizzEase the future of gaming!

You can auto battle, earn rewards, and get top tier characters/cards by either playing or paying.

If auto play and P2W is fun, not sure why you're still subbed to WoW or playing any console/PC game for that matter.
How the hell does one play WoW on mobile?
11/11/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Zorop
Mobile gaming is the drug of the suckers. The reason it is doing so well is that people are dumping thousand of $$$$ just to go faster in games that are ment to !@#$ you up if you dont pay up.
Its %^-*, people know its !@#$ and yet some idiot still play them.

Mobile games are profitable because of a small amount of people pumping stupid amounts of money in, you can make a game that doesn't retain a high player count and as long as you have enough whales you will make huge bank.

I know people who **!*!*** around with mobile games sometimes while they should be working, but I don't know anyone who cant wait to never buy another console again because an fps on the phone would be the superior experience.
It's not the future of anything other than Bobby Kotick rubbing his hands together in anticipation of the mountains of money Activision is going to make off the gullible east asian market.

The rest of us are just going to have to be happy with games like Red Dead, Spider Man, and God of War. Better games made by better companies.
11/11/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Oakttg
Mobile games are profitable because of a small amount of people pumping stupid amounts of money in, you can make a game that doesn't retain a high player count and as long as you have enough whales you will make huge bank.

Lol you have no clue. It's not a small number of people. Search online for global gaming market comparisons between mobile, pc and console gaming.

Mobile games are destroying the competition. PC gaming brings in the least amount of money fyi.
11/11/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Drolvarg
11/11/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Oakttg

Lol you have no clue. It's not a small number of people. Search online for global gaming market comparisons between mobile, pc and console gaming.

Mobile games are destroying the competition. PC gaming brings in the least amount of money fyi.

I dont think these things are the same thing or exactly what who quoted said. its more that, you dont need a large amount of players to play your game to make alot of money, you only need those with a large disposable income to dump into the game to make alot more money. Also that matrix isnt a 1v1 comparison to PC. Understand what you are looking at before using it lol.
Posts like these are why we need downvotes back.
11/11/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Sathyrx
i find myself playing mobile more than anything else these days, yes even wow.

Most of us have busy lives and the mobile games compliment that life style.

When i get home im usually getting ready for bed, or have other obligations. Its rare i can sit down in front of my laptop and get in some dungeons or raiding anymore. If it wasnt for the level boost i prbably wouldnt even be playing this game.

I can understand the logic around the new diablo mobile game. This is the way things are going now.

Thats cool, i wont play them but you do you
11/11/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Sathyrx
i find myself playing mobile more than anything else these days, yes even wow.

Most of us have busy lives and the mobile games compliment that life style.

When i get home im usually getting ready for bed, or have other obligations. Its rare i can sit down in front of my laptop and get in some dungeons or raiding anymore. If it wasnt for the level boost i prbably wouldnt even be playing this game.

I can understand the logic around the new diablo mobile game. This is the way things are going now.

eh...

I see the future being virtual reality.

mobile might serve as a stepping stone, but I don't think so. People will actually end up being more reclusive as the conveniences of the world grow and grow. Amazon, grocery delivery, et .
Yes and no...... is it out pacing consoles and PCs gaming yep........

Now these are for US stats

Time spent playing Mobile games is
23 min a day.
2.7 hours a week
5.8 days a year
1.3 years life

Now this is interesting

23% are 65+

So is Mobile game the future maybe but not for mmo based games.... or Diablo like games.......

Sources
http://mediakix.com/2018/03/mobile-gaming-industry-statistics-market-revenue/#gs.3OAouPw

Couldn't have said it any better than that

You have a choice on how much you want to progress, and how much time you want to invest in.

PC games can't do that.

You sound like an addict. Earn digital rewards? Paying for top tier characters/cards?

I play games for the fun gameplay. LOL auto-battle what is this garbage?
11/11/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Stronghold
Put WoW on Switch.

Mobile and console in one nice, neat package.

DO EET

You mean handheld/console gaming in one neat package?
11/11/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Phalan
I dont think these things are the same thing or exactly what who quoted said. its more that, you dont need a large amount of players to play your game to make alot of money, you only need those with a large disposable income to dump into the game to make alot more money. Also that matrix isnt a 1v1 comparison to PC. Understand what you are looking at before using it lol.

I personally think mobile games (specifically talking about P2W games) should not be categorized as "video games", but as "gambling games" because of those loot boxes/slot machines.

Video games and gambling games make money differently.
The latter makes people lose and make players spend more money.
By "lose" I mean, the player either losing to a boss because of not having a specific loot box character/gear/item.
Or, not being able to obtain that specific loot box character/gear/item even after spending several hundred bucks, which is considered as losing to RNG (believe me, I know people who spend hundreds on those slot machines monthly for a single mobile game)

Of course, gambling games will make more money...
To me, its like comparing apples to oranges.
Problem is, none of us have phones.
It really isn't.

Mobile games clearly have a place and I welcome them, but PCs and consoles will always be preferred due to the fact the screen is larger so you don't have to squint to see wtf you're doing.