Sorry but mobile gaming is the future

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 12 Next
Mobile gaming is absolutely the future... of mobile gaming.

It's not the future of PC gaming, console gaming, or gaming in general, however.
11/11/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Sathyrx
i find myself playing mobile more than anything else these days, yes even wow.

Most of us have busy lives and the mobile games compliment that life style.

When i get home im usually getting ready for bed, or have other obligations. Its rare i can sit down in front of my laptop and get in some dungeons or raiding anymore. If it wasnt for the level boost i prbably wouldnt even be playing this game.

I can understand the logic around the new diablo mobile game. This is the way things are going now.

Mobile gaming will probably die off in the next 15 years if not sooner. Just like the Sony Walkman, it is a fad of limited technology. When we find another new way of communication the cell phone will go the way of the Walkman.

Most people can't see this because they have no vision to see how technology is progressing into the future, time is not on cell phone side. In 50 years time we will be communicating via some implant chip or through a radio way VR technology.

I laugh at people that say but... but... it's the most popular method of gaming in Asia. Ever hear of Pachinko makes mobile gaming look small in comparision.
11/11/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Brocknor
I just upgraded my PC monitor from a 27" to a 29" ... and you think you're going to recreate that experience on a device that is limited to about 7 watts of power and a 6" screen?

I don't watch movies on my phone either. You know those old televisions with the tiny screen and the huge body, and the whole family huddled around it to watch? Yeah that's what it's like. It's regressive.
Dominoes Pizza even took a shot on Mobile gaming for Diablo.

https://www.facebook.com/DominosMY/photos/a.180244505442035/1401250033341470/?type=3&theater
11/11/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Ponykisses
Yes and no...... is it out pacing consoles and PCs gaming yep........

Now these are for US stats

Time spent playing Mobile games is
23 min a day.
2.7 hours a week
5.8 days a year
1.3 years life

Now this is interesting

23% are 65+

So is Mobile game the future maybe but not for mmo based games.... or Diablo like games.......

Sources
http://mediakix.com/2018/03/mobile-gaming-industry-statistics-market-revenue/#gs.3OAouPw

I'd bet those 65+ crowd are playing Candy Crush and isn't the audience for Diablo Immortal.
Lol! The only thing I do on my phone that even slightly resembles a game is Duolingo. I have tons of apps but they are mostly utilities. I use other systems for entertainment and it is likely going to be this way forever.
Not in a million years will tapping on a tiny screen replace the mouse & keyboard, but there's no denying that mobile gaming is profitable.
11/11/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Totschläger

I laugh at people that say but... but... it's the most popular method of gaming in Asia. Ever hear of Pachinko makes mobile gaming look small in comparision.

https://soranews24.com/2018/04/07/is-pachinko-headed-for-extinction-in-japan-studies-reveal-huge-drop-in-players-hall-operators/

When i get home im usually getting ready for bed, or have other obligations. Its rare i can sit down in front of my laptop and get in some dungeons or raiding anymore. If it wasnt for the level boost i prbably wouldnt even be playing this game.

I can understand the logic around the new diablo mobile game. This is the way things are going now.

Obvious troll is obvious.

DI is an unmitigated disaster even at the idea stage. If there are any issues in implementation - ahem BfA - it will be a complete train wreck.
11/11/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Honeymoon

It's not the future of PC gaming, console gaming, or gaming in general, however.

Right. I don't see consoles going away, and once VR goes wireless PC will likely be the dominant platform.
trolls, trolls everywhere.
We all have to do things because of the way the wind blows.

Entertainment is not among those things.

You can say "it's the future" all you want, but you can't force me to do it if I don't like it.

You can't force me to have cable or satellite, you can't force me to watch YouTube, and you can't force me to go to the movies to watch increasingly dumbed-down, plotless, explosion-fests that say nothing and at the same time force their PC drivel down my throat.

You can create this content. I hope people consume it. I will not.

The movies now all have to push the agenda. Great. That's the future. I just don't go to the movies anymore.
If mobile is the future then I'll just play in the past. I have no interest in quick cash grabs and pay to win micro-transactions in my games. There are enough single player games that exist today to keep me interested until I die. I will not accept or be a part of the mobile fad.

Mobile gaming isnt my future.
11/11/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Drkenypowers
11/11/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Honeymoon

Right. I don't see consoles going away, and once VR goes wireless PC will likely be the dominant platform.

If 5G can really deliver < 15ms latency and if mobile phone chips keep pace with desktop cpus, with VR headsets there would be no reason why you would play any online game on a desktop hooked to cable Internet. Won't happen for many years though. But Soon™.

Speak for yourself. Mobile games a for quasi-gamers. They are time wasters not suited for complex gaming.
Mobile gaming is the future indeed, major players in the gaming industries are realizing it and switching now. All you PC defenders will be left with lowly indie developers to make your "Games" while we play wherever we want on our phones made by bigger triple-A developers.

You can either adapt, or be left behind with nothing. Your choice.
Mobile gaming isnt real gaming.

Its like playing on an NES from 1989 using just two thumbs. Mobile "gaming" is not the future, its the past. Mobile is setting back the industry by 30 years and its disgusting.
Oh yes, I'm sure all of the big tech companies are just dying for people to stop spending copious amounts of money on monitors, mice/keyboards, and all manner of gaming equipment.

Mobile games exist to suck money out of mindless trendsters with ADHD who can't handle ten minutes on a toilet without crushing candy or clashing clans -- people who'll move on and completely forget these games the second their friends/co-workers lose interest. Still driving up and down the street looking for that Charizard, Ash Ketchum?