Sorry but mobile gaming is the future

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 12 Next
11/12/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Longos
Its not the same, mobile games are short are boring and lack a real depth.

Depends on the game being developed. There are plenty of mobile games that are quite lengthy and have plot with substance and meaningful gameplay. Not all mobile games consist of candy crush mindless swiping.
11/11/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Sathyrx
When i get home im usually getting ready for bed,

For me its when im on the biffy:

You know when time is short and in my busy life i make a point to multitask.

I hope that one day that make a mobile version of WoW i can play with one hand. So that i can play the game with my right hand and wipe with my left.
Mobile gaming is only a part of the future of gaming that is not that promising.

I disagree that mobile gaming will be that profitable in the long run as there are just limits due to the size of the screen and very primitive controls that are available on the mobile phone. And everyone and their dog is and will be releasing mobile titles left, right and center in over-saturated market.

I have little doubt that Diablo Mobile will be success. But it is important to notice that that game is milking existing IP that has been established as a PC game. And that that is the main reason for its likely success.

This is not a coincidence that Blizzard has not created a new IP for mobile market as that would be more then likely a flop that would barely cover a cost of producing such a game.

They really have to be careful not to alienate existing customers even more. Especially since BfA is currently half broken for many specs w. no rewarding stuff to do for people that are not after challenging content.
I would rather play no game, than a mobile game. Every good game on the phone is better on a PC, laptop, or even a tablet.
I do not mind that mobile gaming exists, but most games tend to get rather gutted to play ok on them. The ones that do not are just more suited to the type of surface you are playing on, or really basic. And still better on a PC.
Only handheld stuff I play is Nintendo (Nintendo fan since 1983!) and that's been an on-going thing for me since 1990. Everything else is trash-tier and better on PC.

Some mobile games are good but those are few and far between the gacha and mtx grab trash.
Gaming is my main hobby, I'm pretty casual and stick to consoles and PCs, can't ever see myself playing Candy Crush or Farmville. Sad.
Mobile is cancer. 99% are pay to win trash infested with ads and paywalls to get passed time gates. No. OP you are objectively wrong.

Mobile console on the other hand is different.
I’ll try mobile Diablo as long as it’s not too expensive. I’ve only tried Diablo 3 briefly and didn’t care for the gameplay on PC. Maybe I’ll like it better as a mobile game.

I doubt it though as the only mobile game that has held my attention is Hearthstone, which I only play on mobile.

11/11/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Jatari
Sorry but the second Im forced to play ANY game on mobile I take my hobby dollars elsewhere.
Simple as that.

You’re not being forced to do anything. There are more Diablo games coming for PC. Just not right now.
i find myself playing mobile more than anything else these days, yes even wow.

Most of us have busy lives and the mobile games compliment that life style.

When i get home im usually getting ready for bed, or have other obligations. Its rare i can sit down in front of my laptop and get in some dungeons or raiding anymore. If it wasnt for the level boost i prbably wouldnt even be playing this game.

I can understand the logic around the new diablo mobile game. This is the way things are going now.

Players like you are the worst thing that could happen to this game.
Ehh I on the fence with this one.... Cuz I don't think mobile(phones+tablets) gaming will eliminate Consoles and PCs. However eventually they will have Handheld PCs strong enough to handle games like WoW and others. And Perhaps Consoles will take a shot at the mobile market again (psp) when the technology is more friendly.

What we need to push for is CROSS PLATFORM! lol
I don't want to pay $100+ a month for a stupid phone service for my spouse and I just so we can play games. Sorry, that's ridiculous. We use simple flip phones for emergencies and our internet bill comes through our rent, meaning we get a huge discount. Besides, staring at small text or graphics on tiny screen, like my tablet or my daughter's Nintendo DS, gives me a fricken headache.
don'tyouguyshavephones.diabloimmortal
Mobile gaming is part of the future but not THE future. Not until they address battery life and security for the mobile world better. Anyone telling them selves that is kind of building their own narrative to support their beliefs instead of understanding the facts.
i find myself playing mobile more than anything else these days, yes even wow.

Most of us have busy lives and the mobile games compliment that life style.

When i get home im usually getting ready for bed, or have other obligations. Its rare i can sit down in front of my laptop and get in some dungeons or raiding anymore. If it wasnt for the level boost i prbably wouldnt even be playing this game.

I can understand the logic around the new diablo mobile game. This is the way things are going now.
you had time to waste on the forums so evidently you got more time than you think. in all honesty people just don;t want to spend the time on a game anymore that takes effort and time. you see it on the forums and in game. everyone wants everything here and now.
Mobile gaming is something you do while your waiting for something more interesting or your responsibilities to start.

PC/Console gaming is what your looking forward to when the above is done.

Real big difference.
mobile gaming has been a black mark against all things gaming. Micro-transactions, loot boxes, fake currency, pay 2 win and many other unethical/ exploitative monetary scams. If you look at the months top 10 games, they are all ports of vastly superior pc games, pokemon go, or straight up bejeweled puzzle games loaded with micro-transactions.

Remember when making/ playing freemium games you are selling your soul to the Canadian devil. You are better than this.
Mobile games are for children and people who need to get that instant gratification, dropping 5 plus dollars on something in a game gets that endorphin running my dude.
11/12/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Saadet
Mobile games are for children and people who need to get that instant gratification, dropping 5 plus dollars on something in a game gets that endorphin running my dude.

2nd that
11/12/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Holzie
11/12/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Saadet

2nd that

Third that.
Mobile games are limited, promote bad practices and is pretty much the McDonalds of gaming. Sure its cheap, accessible, affordable and popular, but its no ones first choice and isn't 'really' considered food. Personally I think gaming is leading towards VR more then anything. Mobile gaming might be a hit for the masses but it will never take over gaming aside from devs who want quick and easy money, which I'm sure many will lean towards... leaving the position for actual game devs open.