An Open Letter to All RP Communities

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
11/11/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Vanndrel
11/11/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Kyi
radical traditional Catholic

With or without the current controversies the Church is going through?

https://i.imgur.com/r8ptyya.png

I will give you one (1) guess.
Some solid points here but

11/11/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Aelamdor
You're the kind of people ironically still mad about being bullied in high school because you were an obnoxious nerd who looked down your nose at people with actual career and life prospects and unironically thought your electronic media addiction would land you a six figure job with a company like Blizzard.

Tf you on about? My husband earns six figures and he's a bigger nerd than me.
I'm going to be honest. OP is a garbage human but there are plenty of garbage humans in RP communities as well. They just happen to be cunning enough to mask it much of the time.

So I mean, he's right even if he's a raging dickhead.
11/11/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Thokk
What's everyone's favorite holiday food / treat?

I love candy canes, <3
11/11/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Enrik

He's just mad he got called out tbh.
11/11/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Kyi
11/11/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Vanndrel

With or without the current controversies the Church is going through?

Folks like him are the reason I can't enjoy crusade era memes any more. :(
11/11/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Vanndrel

Folks like him are the reason I can't enjoy crusade era memes any more. :(

Racists tried to ruin sad pepe too. Worst timeline.
11/11/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Zhiifang
11/11/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Thokk
What's everyone's favorite holiday food / treat?

I love candy canes, <3

Traditional are great, I love the Jolly Rancher ones.
11/11/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Kyi
11/11/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Enrik

That doesn't change the fact that there are a fair amount of manipulative dirt bags masquerading as nice people in RP communities.

So much wrong with this I do not even know where to start...

11/11/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Enrik
That doesn't change the fact that there are a fair amount of manipulative dirt bags masquerading as nice people in RP communities.

Like every other community...ever?
11/11/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Kurukwa
Five minutes googling his character name next to tumblr makes me think he's not all there mentally or emotionally.

Yikes.

I just did and now I need eye bleach.
This sort of rant always intrigues me because I'm never sure what the op expects.

Are we all supposed to wake up and realise all of the very specific things the op apparently knows about us are true? I mean seriously look at this:

You're the kind of people ironically still mad about being bullied in high school because you were an obnoxious nerd who looked down your nose at people with actual career and life prospects and unironically thought your electronic media addiction would land you a six figure job with a company like Blizzard. Now, granted, maybe you were treated with extreme unfairness. But I guarantee if you've grown as a person at all - which most of you never did because you're still LARPing being a general or a monarch or a despot or a grand archmage in this game instead of devoting your life to other things - you'd realize you were a ball of cringe that deserved the primitive social correction you got

I'm going to make a bold assumption here and say that this description literally doesn't fit one of us. Aspects of it do maybe but damn... What does op expect?

I mean he implies that we don't have career or life prospects because we're too busy RPing. I'm a history teacher irl. I get to teach the subject I love and, I hope, make a difference in kids lives. The job pays alright in Australia too, and the holidays aren't bad. Plus, I'm happily married. So uh, career and life prospects are looking good, bro.

Also we all apparently expect to get a job at Blizzard by... Playing wow. Given that most of us pay Blizzard out over their writing and whatnot, we're all terrible at job applications. Must be those bad career prospects D:

Apparently we are all "Live Action Roleplaying" as Monarchs, Despots and Grand Archmagi "in the game". Leaving aside the fact that you can't LARP in a game because it wouldn't be live action... I've literally never met anyone who's done this. And I've met a lot of godmoddy RPers.

So given all this, I don't think I'm alone in not being woken up to myself as a result of this open letter.

Looks like the problem here might not be the community, OP. The problem might be you.
When you're too woke and gotta chill out
Sir, this is a Wendy's drive thru.

So good. The joy I felt while reading this is going to fuel my entire week.

Look bro, I suffered through 600+ rated arena games to get this transmog.

Nobody can take that away from me, and nobody ever will.

It was worth it, looks amazing!!
<span class="truncated">...</span>

There are real life abusers masquerading as the perfect girlfriend/boyfriend/friend too. It isn't specific to roleplayers. All you can do is warn your friends and move on. But this guy isn't the person in that sort of situation anyway.

Aelamdor really is just mad because bunch of people decided to smash his face into a curb because the dumpster is where people like him belong. He isn't mad because people manipulated him: he's angry because people wouldn't let themselves be manipulated.
11/11/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Aelamdor
You're the kind of people that get banned from banks for calling the police and telling them you're being robbed at a bank when a legally-mandated hold on your giant-!@# check get enforced.

weird flex but ok
11/11/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Hellen
weird flex but ok

I had to do a double-take when I read that.

Like, has anyone done that literally ever?
Yeah.... this guy seems to have an alt-right future mail bomber vibe.

I hope, whoever he is in real life, he finds a way to let go of his anger and get the help he obviously needs.
11/11/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Ursuola
11/11/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Hellen
weird flex but ok

I had to do a double-take when I read that.

Like, has anyone done that literally ever?

I also like the implication that I am depositing large sums of money.

It means I am rich!!

I don't think he thought that analogy through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obgnr9pc820