An Open Letter to All RP Communities

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
Crockpot Mulled Cider!

- 1 gallon apple cider
- 8 or so cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange
- a bunch of whole cloves

Pour the cider into your slow cooker. Add the cinnamon sticks. Push the pointy end of a couple dozen cloves into the orange, spaced about evenly, then plop that in too. Cover and cook on low for four hours.

Serve in mugs, with a fresh cinnamon stick stirrer if you'd like. If you're responsible and of sufficient age, consider adding some [Rumsey Rum].
11/11/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Laurensa
Crockpot Mulled Cider!

- 1 gallon apple cider
- 8 or so cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange
- a bunch of whole cloves

Pour the cider into your slow cooker. Add the cinnamon sticks. Push the pointy end of a couple dozen cloves into the orange, spaced about evenly, then plop that in too. Cover and cook on low for four hours.

Serve in mugs, with a fresh cinnamon stick stirrer if you'd like. If you're responsible and of sufficient age, consider adding some [Rumsey Rum].

I wish that there was some sort of function for saving posts...
Sorry for butting in again, but upon being inspired by the recipes in the thread, I was reminded of my childhood, in which good food was often made. That was a lame segway into this next part, but never the less I would like to recite, at this time, a childhood favorite incantation of mine, simply titled 'Neener Neener', which is a childish, hostile taunt, often repeated in a singsong voice. This presentation will be more for the simple irony of it all, of course, rather than a crude taunt, but it is both implied and partially hoped that the OP will take it as the latter.

Neener, neener, neener!

Thank you, I shall return to writing riveting tales of over the top fart jokes and potty charades, as per my adoring public's demands and expectations of me.

Also post more food, guys. I'm going to legit try these.
wack
11/11/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Kyi
I wish that there was some sort of function for saving posts...

It's essentially a doubled batch of this highly bookmarkable page! https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/hot-mulled-sherried-apple-cider-30929
welp
"Hmm? What was dat? Sorry I can't hear ya' over my all so glamorous rp life style OP." *she would say as she flipped threw her magazine , on her private island having male model gobs dance around her, whilst in irl she inhales from her inhaler living in her house that is a literal dumpster on her hacked internet connection from the !@#$ty hotel from across the alley*
I like how self insert has become an insult.

Given the chance I would make Topsail canon and make the Horde take quests from him or something, and I wouldn't feel bad about it at all.
Dear diary...
This is some scary stuff.

OP, I seriously recommend that you delete this and get some professional help... This is a video game. Maybe even taking a break could do some good.
11/11/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Topsail

Given the chance I would make Topsail canon and make the Horde take quests from him or something, and I wouldn't feel bad about it at all.

A self insert is fine. A self insert that then solves all the problems and has nobody who will ever question anything they do is a Mary Sue. Thrall ended up from Self Insert to Mary Sue when they used the character to 'solve' the Cataclysm by making him somehow become God-Tier, able to handle the Dragon Soul without corruption and then didn't do jack !@#$ when his designated best friend, whom Thrall had personally put up as Warchief despite the majority of his advisors, many of them world-leaders and long-standing friends, all pointed out this was a terrible idea, including aforementioned designated best friend, and then proceeded to stand back and do even more jack-%^-* when designated best friend became a genocidal maniac and began throwing long-standing allies out of 'his' city, dabbling in 'Dark Powers' and only decided to move in to solve matters when it was too later and the previous designated best friend was nearly assassinated by currently designated best friend ... and then proceeded to shove the job of handling all of the hot mess the Horde would inherit due to Garrosh's actions onto formerly previous now currently designated best friend with Garrosh now being thrown into prison and disappeared for his Babies Happily Ever After retirement.

I suppose a TL:DR version would be making sure the self insert doesn't attempt to steal the spotlight from the actual players.
Whoa.

Chill out Stan.
Goodness.
Oh his post is gone.

Edit: I wonder if he realizes someone already reposted what he said. He kinda screwed himself here even further than his K-K-K and N-A-Z-I stuff.
Tomorrow I'm going to my friend's house and they have a puppy and I get to pet that puppy. That's all I can contribute to this thread because that's all I can think about right now.
I want to pet a kitten. Kittens > Puppies. :D
11/11/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Gentarn
11/11/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Topsail

I suppose a TL:DR version would be making sure the self insert doesn't attempt to steal the spotlight from the actual players.

Anyone who stays in the spotlight for too long in Warcraft's story inevitably dies or.... might as well die, given how the community perceives them.

That's why I was thinking quest giver or helpful NPC at PvP areas. Something perpetual but also under the radar.
OP if you come back to this thread, here is some advice: Chill out. I get that you have niche interests you are passionate about, and maybe even some controversial opinions. But you shouldn't let yourself get that mad about those things, and you definitely shouldn't get so mad about RP. It's not really healthy to be so easy for complete and total strangers to emotionally activated you to the level displayed here - just my opinion as an armchair psychiatrist.

Your opinions and beliefs are your own and I'm not here to wag any more fingers at you for them because that's all been said, but just make sure that it's you that holds them, and not them that hold you. If you can't put aside your political beliefs for a couple hours a night to engage in some pretendy-times in a 14-year-old RPG, then signs point to the latter being the case, which is not where you wanna be.

Keep growing and keep learning. Life is an adventure.
11/11/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Enekie
Sir, this is a Wendy's drive thru.

Best thing I ever read in this thread.
What upsets me most about this post is that it utterly misunderstands the definition of LARPing.

(Thank you Gentarn for the handy quote)