https://i.imgur.com/vyK8f9A.jpg
11/11/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Ohtion
activated

hide the almonds
11/11/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Zandrae
*Reads thread.* Mmmmm...

damn liberal roleplayers
Of course, I spent time playing Red Dead 2 and I miss a whole lot of Forum drama!

What happened in here?
*Grabs Torkus by the ears and points his head down*

11/11/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Aelamdor
Ya'll are trash. Seriously. You're the kind of people that get banned from banks for calling the police and telling them you're being robbed at a bank when a legally-mandated hold on your giant-!@# check get enforced. The sort of two-faced $%^-s who say you're gonna deck somebody for doing something and then as soon as he walks around the corner you change the topic and act like nothing's wrong.

That *!@# don't fly with me.

Oh, I'm sorry, was I rude to you? Tough. Somebody has to come along and kick your sand castle because you've taken up the entire damn playground with your elaborate citadel. You're the kind of people ironically still mad about being bullied in high school because you were an obnoxious nerd who looked down your nose at people with actual career and life prospects and unironically thought your electronic media addiction would land you a six figure job with a company like Blizzard. Now, granted, maybe you were treated with extreme unfairness. But I guarantee if you've grown as a person at all - which most of you never did because you're still LARPing being a general or a monarch or a despot or a grand archmage in this game instead of devoting your life to other things - you'd realize you were a ball of cringe that deserved the primitive social correction you got.

So where does all this angst come from? I've been across three communities in this game - Ravenholdt, Moon Guard, Wyrmrest Accord. I've seen it all. I've done it all. I've been through it all. I've seen the best - and also the worst - of this community and frankly it's time it was left to die or put down like Old Yeller. It's almost like as the game became less of an RPG, RP became more about LARPing your self-insert fantasy and less about trying to have a good time and playing within the universe. Anybody offended by my analysis who feels like you're a friend of mine you probably know already I don't hate you because you should know me enough that if I felt like you were an $%^-*! I'd tell you. This is a video game. I have no reason to mince my words most of the time with anybody here - and especially not now because I'm done with the game and ready to unsubscribe for the first time in a decade. I'm never looking back. I don't fear the consequences of what I say here.

When I was younger and my character was more prominent on Moon Guard I was attacked because I was too cozy with too many important people. I made a move that could've upset the only reason certain people haven't taken the longest trip to the gas station of their lives. So I was doxxed, harassed, stalked across all social media. For having the obscene - but still harmless really - political opinions of a 15 year-old white kid living in the deep, rural South. Even though as time went on and I was clearly a different person and realized how wrong I was about my outlook and even though I was practically harmless back then and simply the product of ignorance, I still dealt with the backlash. You all know my case isn't special. Popular people who threaten the power structures of these communities get their lives ruined - now some of these people deserved it, but in the end most of these people's lives had nothing to do with their place in a video game.

We've all seen it or you're a part of it and you justify it with your Plot-Bunny Legion and Beta-Orbiters. The toxic, back-stabbing, scheming nature of this community. It's killed every community it ever touched and nobody's changed because everyone just wants to be that guy in the transmog surrounded by bodyguards with a legion of PvP goons. It's not about playing our characters. It's not even about Warcraft. It's just a convenient vehicle for you - and most of you have done this same thing in other games and you came back here after those games either weren't popular or you realized nobody's gonna take your awful modus operandi.

Due to character limit I can't give you detailed histories but you all know exactly the kind of shady garbage I'm referencing. Worse yet the design philosophy of the game aids and abets your power fantasies and shockingly enough the kind of people who gravitate to these kinds of archetypes are awful people who treat people awfully who seeks power for privilege and then bungle the responsibility for their own gain. I was looking forward to the way Classic works changing how people RP but seeing QoL will be in Legacy content I'm not holding out hope. Hell for the most part even though I'm on Classic servers I'm very rarely on because I have something most of you need: a life.

Roast me. Pull the skeletons out of my closet. Disagree with me. Let me see you defend the abomination you've become because without it you're a loser. Agree with me and venerate me as your messiah - I don't care, because I won't be here to read it.
Ya'll are beautiful. Seriously. You're the kind of people that get compliments from strangers for calling your parents and telling them you're the luckiest person alive for having such a loving family for no other reason than to remind your parents that they're loved and appreciated. The sort of wholesome fella who say you're gonna deck somebody for doing something and then as soon as he walks around the corner you realize how toxic and silly your grudges are and reconcile, then later go out for lunch. And pay.

That really inspires me.

Oh, I'm sorry, was I rude to you? I apologize. Somebody has to come along and make you feel happy and appreciated because you've gone through a difficult time and sometimes we need something to keep us going. You're the kind of people unironically still enjoying the anime and cartoons you enjoyed in high school because it's healthy to have hobbies and interests, and they are valid regardless of how objectively childish they may be to some. Your electronic media consumption can also be a healthy outlet so long as you use it responsibly. Now, granted, maybe you were treated with extreme unfairness. But I guarantee if you've grown as a person at all - which some of you may still be, because we're always growing - you'd realize that those that judge you may have changed as well, and if not, that is no reflection as you as a beautiful, one-of-a-kind person.

So where does all this positivity come from? I've been across three communities in this game - Twisting Nether, Emerald Dream, Wyrmrest Accord. I've seen it all. I've done it all. I've been through it all. I've seen the best - and also the worst - of this community and frankly it's time I told you all how much I appreciate my time with you. It's almost like as the game became less of an RPG, RP became more about building strong connections, lifetime friendships and less about trying to be the best writer or the strongest character. Anybody touched by my analysis who feels like you're a friend of mine you probably know that what I say especially goes for you because you should know me enough that if I felt like we're good friends, I'd tell you. This is a video game. I have no reason to mince my words most of the time with anybody here - and especially not now because I'm enjoying the game and ready to Heroic raid for the first time in a decade. I'm never looking back. I don't fear the consequences of what I say here.

When I was younger and my character was more prominent on Twisting Nether I was shy because I was intimidated by the "important" people. I made a move to Emerald Dream that upset some but I knew it was the right decision in the end. So I was accepted, befriended, and followed on social media. For having the silly - but still harmless really - roleplay backstory of a blue-haired night elf druid as a member of the blue dragonflight. Even though as time went on and I was clearly a different person and realized how disjointed my character was and even though I was practically harmless back then and simply the product of ignorance, I still dealt with criticism. You all know my case isn't special. Popular people who reach out to the newer roleplayers are a huge boon to a healthy roleplay environment - now some of these people can only help so much, but in the end most of these people's connections blossom into meaningful and healthy friendships, or even relationships.

We've all seen it or you're a part of it and you encourage it with your community events and roleplay guides. The thoughtful, kind, and creative nature of this community. It's bolstered every community it ever touched and nobody's changed because everyone just wants to be that guy helping others surrounded by their new friends in which they share a similar interest in writing. It's not about playing our characters. It's not even about Warcraft. It's just a vehicle for you - and most of you have done this same thing in other games and you came back here after you miss your old friends or you realized Warcraft can be a positive escape from the stresses of the world, in moderation.

Due to character limit I can't give you detailed histories but you all know exactly the kind of awesome people I'm referencing. Best yet the attitude of the community to make sure this is a safe environment for everyone creates a positive space the kind of people who gravitate to this kind of environment are welcome and loved. I was looking forward to the way Classic works changing how people RP but seeing QoL will be in Legacy content I'm more excited than ever. Heck for the most part even though I'm on Classic servers I'm very rarely on because I have something most of you need: time to focus on myself and my real life needs.

Roast me. Pull the skeletons out of my closet. Disagree with me. Let me see your constructive criticisms. Agree with me and continue making Wyrmrest Accord a spectacular place - I care, and I hope you do too.
11/11/2018 11:01 PMPosted by Kyi
11/11/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Zandrae
*Reads thread.* Mmmmm...

damn liberal roleplayers

but Jaina's deleted letters!
11/11/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Gentarn
Because nobody quoted OP.
Thanks, Gentarn.
I would offer my own opinions on this thread, but I cannot read.
This same guy posted this:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769549479?page=1
on the Story Forums. He's just stomping around making a big stink on his way out.
D'aw did i miss a tantrum.
Demitasse wins the Wholesome Post Award of the day!
op if you want me to bully you so you have some screenshot proof of rpers oppressing you i'm available for hire. my rates are $4 per generic whisper and $10 for extremely personalized attacks. hmu if you want my paypal cheers
11/12/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Oliver
op if you want me to bully you so you have some screenshot proof of rpers oppressing you i'm available for hire. my rates are $4 per generic whisper and $10 for extremely personalized attacks. hmu if you want my paypal cheers
Those rates are egregious.
First of all, ow my ear.

Secondly, thank you Gentarn.

Thirdly, what ARE you doing, Demi?
11/12/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Enrik
11/12/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Oliver
Those rates are egregious.

that's the price of brand recognition
OH. So this guy's a neo-!@#$? Why did nobody tell me?

Now I don't feel bad for laughing so hard.
ty for the memes