An Open Letter to All RP Communities

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
the gang sees detective pikachu on opening night
11/13/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Marsoor
i can't believe mr mime made a "shove it up your a**" joke in a pokemon movie

honestly not as surprising as hearing Brockhampton's "Boogie" in the Grinch movie

while simultaneously missing out on the opportunity to use the phrase "real !@# Grinch" while also mentioning the phrase "real $%^ *noncommital "uh" sounds*"

https://twitter.com/brockhamptonfp/status/1060752970474811393
i don't like this, it's like a fever dream
I for one welcome these new pokemon making awkwardly creepy realistic human expressions. They make for amazing and weird reaction images and I'm going to ruin all my friendships by only responding in confused pikachu face and smug Mr Mime. It's essentially the new millennium's Mario Bro movie and I hope it's weird and creepy and just nonsense that is nothing like the games but has a charm of all its own.
11/13/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Versca
I for one welcome these new pokemon making awkwardly creepy realistic human expressions. They make for amazing and weird reaction images and I'm going to ruin all my friendships by only responding in confused pikachu face and smug Mr Mime. It's essentially the new millennium's Mario Bro movie and I hope it's weird and creepy and just nonsense that is nothing like the games but has a charm of all its own.

Technically it is like the games. "Detective Pikachu" came out as a gane in 2016.
um ackchyually I'm aware of that.
Bottom line, this trailer just plain made me happy.

I was thrown by Ryan Reynolds at first but it's really grown on me. Theres just so much that I've picked out from this trailer that says to me the people making this movie care enough about the setting to try and bring the world of Pokemon to life.
It feels a little like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but with Pokemon living with humans instead of toons, but this time it is a Pokemon who is the detective.

Sadly, the QR code on the train ticket was not an Easter Egg. It reads, "buy now."
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/144934611905019904/512039520544358411/pp550x550.png

I want to let this picture float across the internet for all time
Pokemon talk.

Well i ain't got much but if you have UM/US Have some hat Pikachu

Hoenn Cap - LETSGOPIKACHU06
Sinnoh Cap - LETSGOPIKACHU09
Unova Cap - 13LETSGOPIKACHU
Kalos Cap - LETS17GOPIKACHU
Alola Cap - LETSGO19PIKACHU
Only just realized Vanndrel wasn't OP. Was it even someone who visits the forums regularly?
11/13/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Mellee
Only just realized Vanndrel wasn't OP. Was it even someone who visits the forums regularly?

Someone we've seen here and there but not a regular, no.
Thank you everyone (except OP) for a delightful, schadenfreude-filled thread to read while I drink my latte.
The uncanny valley in that movie is nightmare inducing.
I really though Vanndrel was OP. I was going to say why is he talking about Christmas Recipes after calling the rpers out.
Because even the most jaded, black heart can't help but get a bit festive? Even for one such as I who have endured 16 years of retail?

But yeah, Detective Pikachu features two of my wife's favorite things (Ryan Reynolds and Pikachu), so I suspect we'll be going multiple times. Not that I mind, the trailer was legitimately entertaining.
11/11/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Zhiifang
Delete this >:C

The confusion is all Zhiifang's fault cuz he told OP to delete!!!!!
I'm not sure what the purpose of deleting it was. It's not like you can just take that kind of opinion back.
Well, that started out interesting.
But ended with someone sneezing...Pikachu!
Bless you!