An Open Letter to All RP Communities

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 7 8 9
To be fair I'm going as much to see 'Deadpool' as Pikachu because that is going to be a mind-melting affair akin to seeing 'Agent Smith' sending the Fellowship of the Ring to Mordor.
I saw the trailer. It delights me. Pikachu looks cute af <3 I was surprised to hear he was being voiced by Ryan Reynolds but hey, I like that. Ryan Reynolds is cool in my book.

I don't care how out of place the CGI looks next to live-action stuff, I'm interested in Pokemon again for the first time in ...god ...years??

I think the last time I was genuinely into Pokemon was in the Gamecube days when Pokemon Colosseum was a thing.

I freaking miss that game. Umbreon and Espeon looked so cool...
11/13/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Gentarn
To be fair I'm going as much to see 'Deadpool' as Pikachu because that is going to be a mind-melting affair akin to seeing 'Agent Smith' sending the Fellowship of the Ring to Mordor.

You mean I wasn't the only one who kept expecting Elrond to call Frodo "Mr. Anderson"?
11/14/2018 02:09 AMPosted by Ariiah
I saw the trailer. It delights me. Pikachu looks cute af <3 I was surprised to hear he was being voiced by Ryan Reynolds but hey, I like that. Ryan Reynolds is cool in my book.

I don't care how out of place the CGI looks next to live-action stuff, I'm interested in Pokemon again for the first time in ...god ...years??

I think the last time I was genuinely into Pokemon was in the Gamecube days when Pokemon Colosseum was a thing.

I freaking miss that game. Umbreon and Espeon looked so cool...

I still don't understand why people think that Pikachu is cute. It stresses me out to even look at it - it's going to give me nightmares! Ryan Reynolds helps, though.
Pikachu was adorable and his live action rendering makes me want to hug him
I got a good laugh out of everyone else in the trailer just hearing the original Pikachu VA's "pika pika!" while this kid hears Ryan Reynolds. It's a hilariously stark difference.
11/13/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Gentarn
To be fair I'm going as much to see 'Deadpool' as Pikachu

Pft. Kids these days. He will never be Deadpool in my eyes. He will forever be Van Wilder. Because he has yet to play a character that wasn't Van Wilder. Granted Van Wilder was basically DP in college.
Cool little detail is that they remembered that Pikachu has lighter fur coloring on their stomach.

Did you know female Pikachu's have different tail shapes? Males have a Lightningbolt tail while the females have Heart shaped tails
11/14/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Bruticus
I got a good laugh out of everyone else in the trailer just hearing the original Pikachu VA's "pika pika!" while this kid hears Ryan Reynolds. It's a hilariously stark difference.

That was pretty great. Made me smile.

Those Pokemon still look unsettling, at least to me. xD. Uncanny valley and all that. It looks -just realistic enough-, while still looking real, that it rubs me wrong.

I'm still going to watch it, odds are, when it comes out on Google Play and I can buy it. I love the contrasts going on, and I think Reynolds'll do Pikachu well even if the movie isn't especially good.
11/14/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Ellivara
11/14/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Bruticus

That was pretty great. Made me smile.

Honestly the best moment in the trailer for me. Even if that's the only time we hear the traditional Pikachu voice, the fact it's there just works so well.
I'll watch. It's only possible that it's awesome or awesomely bad.