Need Blizz Response On Issues

Classic Discussion
Summer 2019 isn't that far off, the target audience for this game makes threads daily saying no to sharding and loot trade, among other issues Blizzard is ignoring.

Where is the communication with the community? Why is it like pulling teeth to get updates on something releasing next year?

Sad times friends.
11/12/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Delirium
Summer 2019 isn't that far off, the target audience for this game makes threads daily saying no to sharding and loot trade, among other issues Blizzard is ignoring.

Where is the communication with the community? Why is it like pulling teeth to get updates on something releasing next year?

Sad times friends.

I agree, buddy. It would be nice to see some actual communication from their team. I mean, don't they have community forum people? Most game developers do. I've been waiting for actual forum confirmation on some of these issues, before I abandon my desire and just scrap this as a "too good to be true" and move on.

When I heard this was an actual thing, I literally annoyed my wife because I was talking about it a lot, checking forums, telling her we need to get her a gaming PC by Summer 2019, etc etc. Then all this happened, with loot trading that ruins it for us casuals, and sharding anywhere passed 1-12 zones.

Basically: Do I stay or do I go? Blizzard needs to either work with us as a community, so they don't lose a mass amount of people, or they can just stay silent and eventually we'll leave anyway because they didn't make an effort.
It's almost like Classic is still in development and has not been finalized. It's almost like the devs haven't quite decided how these systems will work. It's almost like they are taking their time, weighing all the variables, testing things, and listening to feedback. The nerve of those people!!
It only took them 12 months to give us any information after the reveal at blizzcon 2017. I'm sure we will hear something soon.
They wont be able to give a satisfactory answer at this point. May need to wait a while longer. They are either brainstorming alternatives or just biding time and hoping this blows over.

But it shouldn't blow over. I'm OK with sharding in the starter areas but sharding in other early areas, like Barrens, would be terrible, even if it's only for the first few weeks (most of us will be in those areas at that time, and it will ruin our experience).
11/12/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Crowlay
It's almost like Classic is still in development and has not been finalized. It's almost like the devs haven't quite decided how these systems will work. It's almost like they are taking their time, weighing all the variables, testing things, and listening to feedback. The nerve of those people!!

Normally I'd agree but this is actually important that the dev team goes into a touch more detail on why they're making these decisions in direct oppisition of what the players wants.
11/13/2018 01:27 AMPosted by Thundathys
Normally I'd agree but this is actually important that the dev team goes into a touch more detail on why they're making these decisions in direct oppisition of what the players wants.

What more detail can they go into? Why loot trading? Because it was technically always possible but required GM intervention, so instead they're adding the functionality directly into the game. Why temporary sharding? Because they want a launch that's as smooth as possible. You can disagree with their reasoning but they gave it in full. In that regard there's nothing more they can do.
Launch is 7-10 months away. What's the point of having them communicate anything now when they might change their mind next month, making the information obsolete?

They'll probably start releasing more information about 2 months prior to launch. Whether that information will address player concerns is anyone's guess.
Delays are quite possible.
They do what they want because their CV say's they're the worlds best designers. We have no say [until it's too late.]
In response to loot trading I don’t find as controversial. Vanilla will start with one of the very earliest patches in WoW history (Golden Age) and I remember it quite well leading up to the burning crusade. Having the option to trade with other prayers was something that I remember was discussed quite often in the community and I don’t feel it took that much from the experience.. if at all.

If anything focus on bringing back all of classic WoW and they even have a roadmap (supposedly) for everything that’ll be released after Classic launches.

I don’t know if I can properly trust Blizzard these days but so far it seems like the right direction.
11/12/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Delirium

Sad times friends.

What updates do you need exactly?
The said they were only changing thing that caused server/game stability, adding loot trading to cut down on loot tickets, and looking at sharding in the starting areas.

They also specifically addressed the issues with the demo. Mainly citing it's a demo and far from done or an accurate representation of the finished product
I agree in theory, but just chilllll - It has only been 2 days since demo is over - give 'em a week or 2

It's almost like the same whiteknights always rushing in to defend Blizzard. It's almost like it's none of your business if the targeted audience raises concerns about such issues. It's almost like you gain nothing out of this. It's almost like we all want Classic to succeed so we're constantly giving feedback. It's almost like did I say it's none of your business? It's almost like we've seen this happen before with expansion like BFA where feedback needs to be constantly given over and over til' modern day Blizzard wakes up and acts on it.
They hear us. They've already acknowledged our stance on sharding etc.

Give them a bit of time to get back to work on it lol blizzcon just happened.

There’s nothing wrong with acknowledging feedback as a form of communication.

A simple ‘yes’, we hear your concerns about sharding and are considering all the options and impacts would go along a way.
Oh, they are hear communicating, they just don't advertise that they are blizzard employees, so you don't really know.
Classic target audience is anyone paying 15$ a month, if you think they made this to appease the couple thousands people playing private servers you are in for a shocker. This was made to keep people subbed during retail content intermissions.
11/13/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Warrchief
They hear us. They've already acknowledged our stance on sharding etc.

Give them a bit of time to get back to work on it lol blizzcon just happened.
When and where did they acknowledge our stance(s) on sharding etc?