Loot distribution is broken and not fun

General Discussion
They need to being back mission caches for mission table. The system was fine. Idk why they got rid of it.
I was really legit looking forward to the chest today, thought I couldn't possibly get another ring. Think Ill just go back to bed now. Really disappointed. Guess Ill have some more ring drops to look forwards to in raid since the game thinks that's all I need apparently.
Sounds like the solution is to remove titanforging and the weekly cache.
11/13/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Akston
Can you please mention 1 more time that you can't do mythic Uldir because you play MM?

I love scapegoat excuses.

I just said they weren't favored. I think I was rather explicit about the lack of desire raid (Stat weights on the gear and azerite not worth it). Not an excuse, just a fact about itemization.

Also, you're not picking up that this problem isn't exclusive with just my main.... but then again, you're implying something that wasn't said and obviously not reading. I'm not surprised
11/13/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Cömanche
11/13/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Birdleaves
In the previous xpacs once you hit a certain level there was literally no way to advance period

I'm aware; however, this Xpac wasn't supposed to be that way. The intent was to give 3 avenues for loot. Mythic +/Raid/PVP.

You're doing quality content; but, you're only doing 3/8 Mythic. I don't go to raids because I'm not playing a flavor of the month. Even if I were doing 3/8 M like yourself, I wouldn't be much higher as far as ilvl. If I ran raids with you for instance, the only thing I would ever want are maybe the wrists and even still thats just a stat change. Ignoring that MM is flawed atm and I have to wait on December 11th for a hope in change in my attitude towards raiding, Mythic raiding @ 3/8 isn't going to help me. My clears and encounters are basically just to have the achievement. Unless I have a 6/8 or full clear mythic raid, there's no point to spend the time.

Which brings me back to my point. My complaint isn't @ what is available; but, the lack of what we are receiving. There's no variety and seems intentionally gating players because the loot doesn't appear to be random but deliberate. This also doesn't address the SAME problem doing Mythics. I rarely see people get any upgrades and intentionally towards players who don't need the piece they are getting. I'm not asking for a loot pinata but a FAIR loot chance.

ou want guaranteed upgrades eventually? Do mythic uldir.

Not true and I covered why... Even at your progression of 3/8 it's not going to help.

You think b/c youve run "x" amount of mythics that the game OWES you an upgrade, even though the base from these would do nothing for you.

No... Not saying that at all; but, for 15/16 slots available and a full loot table I shouldn't have 4 characters with the same loot multiplied 3-6 of them straight in a row. My mage, lock, priest all have 4-5 of the same ilvl bracers. My rogue has 16 pairs of same ilvl boots, it's ultra rare to get anything from the cache that isn't boots, bracers, cloak. So the point is the lack of appearance of random. It feels more like Diablo loot style and that feels bad in an mmo.

Instead you should be working for an upgrade by doing harder difficulty content.

I think my guild is doing 3/8, haven't really paid attention. I have only gone when attendance has been low. MM is in a bad place and that was my decision to keep trying to make it work. Harder content won't help me and as you are doing 13, 14, 15 keys because people want a boomkin in a high level key; however, I still do keys, I'm not seeing any loot at all drop from those. Not even eqiuv to what I want... So no, I disagree with you that is what the problem is...

I personally dont like the system that i myself have benefitted from because it creates the entitlement that your displaying.

"Entitlement" needs to be a word that people like yourself need to exclude from conversation because I feel you don't grasp this very exasperated turn of the word. I'm not saying I pay, therefore I demand something, nor am I saying X and deserve Y. The simple expression is, randomize the loot. Perhaps I could see your point if my main motivation for writing this was that I don't have a 385-395 weapon like others do. (Of which I did mention) I'm just saying there are 15-16 (less the neck) that the cache slot machine could dole out, it seems to be stuck on 3. If it was kicking out a variety of loot that would be fine; but, it's not.

You're also pretending that this game hasn't had this problem before, especially last expansion they had to start implementing "bad luck protection". Something is wrong with the algorithm or it's just too tightly restrictive. You can call it whining or whatever but at the end of the day it's a game and is supposed to be fun. I shouldn't be able to guess what is coming out of the chest every week.

Finally, I'm just puzzled that you think raiding is the answer and you're only clearing 3/8. Don't get me wrong, I admire your raider IO, but the 5 items you have equipped are coming off of 3 bosses. Everything else you acquired doing mythic + runs. Even if I had the same 14 kills as you in 3/8, I would only desire 2 items. So no, I just don't think you're looking at this in a broad perspective.

Whats funny is you keep throwing out the 3/8 mythic that I've done but you haven't heard me once complain about loot drops on the forums and never will, ESPECIALLY from the cache. Personally feel titanforging should be removed, which would make your complaints null and void because the cache item is forged, knowing full well that i wouldn't have the ilvl i have w/out it. I do m+ for fun, not loot. When it stops being fun I'll stop running it. Also you shoulda noticed since you stalked my io, but i run with the same group almost everytime. They take me for me, not cause im a boomy. If i played my mm hunter theyd still take me, but im not hardheaded enough to hold back groups with a bad spec =]. Your excuse on m+ groups doesnt cut it either.

The not being entitled cracked me up. You have only one slot in your gear that could get an ilvl upgrade from a m10 (prpb isnt even an actual upgrade cause that trinket us broken). You are literally whining on the forums because the FREE cache that forges guaranteed each week isnt giving you exactly what you want. Heck most of your gear has a higher ilvl than the base forge from the cache too, but you know, you dont sound entitled at all lol.

As for your last statement again, I'm not the one crying on the forums.
11/13/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Cömanche
C. Raiding is unimportant

Yeah, 385+ gear from up to 8 bosses a week seems totally useless compared to a single 380+ item from your M+ cache.
11/13/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Birdleaves
If i played my mm hunter theyd still take me, but im not hardheaded enough to hold back groups with a bad spec =].

MM is the best spec in Mythic +. Bring one to a group with me equally geared or better, I'll show you. :P You're AOE and utility is broken, hopefully the buffs MM hunters get will bring up so problems they have on AOE. I'm not sure what you're talking about excuse about mythic +.

I'm not the one crying on the forums.

Really? I thought you were responding because you're upset on warforging/titanforging on my opinion about loot. Again, you want to make this about one toon I'm playing, I'm speaking on behalf of all the toons I have and the negative drop rates.

You want to attack me because I see the drops on 12 toons a week and then attack what level of content I do. I'm pretty sure you went to the armory to look at gear and progression first. Balance druids are in a good place in mythic +, I wouldn't discount that fact. You're still sitting on 2 pieces of 385 azerite pieces you got from the chest and I'm not sure how much you like those traits but I've gotten one and its garbage. I don't think I'm in the minority on that either.

You are literally whining on the forums because the FREE cache that forges guaranteed each week isnt giving you exactly what you want.

If you want to characterize it as whining I won't be trying to attempt to change your opinion. It's not a "free" cache. You have to at least complete a 10 and in exactly everything I said, unless you have a reading comprehension problem, I never said I wasn't happy with what I am getting. I am complaining about the variety. If I was getting a ring one week, boots another, a belt, a back, an azerite piece, a weapon, a trinket etc... There would be variety... Not boots, boots, wrist, boots, boots, wrist, boots, cloak... That's ridiculous.

Posted by Cömanche

Yeah, 385+ gear from up to 8 bosses a week seems totally useless compared to a single 380+ item from your M+ cache.

To me, raiding mythic isn't worth it with the handful of items, ie. bow from vectis, second to the gun from Ghuun. Outside of that.... Mythrax - ring Taloc - wrist... That's it. Azerite gear is a dps loss. So ya, it's a dps loss on a majority of loot. The guilds current progression doesn't even allow for anything what I'm speaking of. So yes, TO ME, raiding Mythic is unimportant. I got the achievement just on the off chance I wanted to pug it.
If i played my mm hunter theyd still take me, but im not hardheaded enough to hold back groups with a bad spec =].

MM is the best spec in Mythic +. Bring one to a group with me equally geared or better, I'll show you. :P You're AOE and utility is broken, hopefully the buffs MM hunters get will bring up so problems they have on AOE. I'm not sure what you're talking about excuse about mythic +.

I'm not the one crying on the forums.

Really? I thought you were responding because you're upset on warforging/titanforging on my opinion about loot. Again, you want to make this about one toon I'm playing, I'm speaking on behalf of all the toons I have and the negative drop rates.

You want to attack me because I see the drops on 12 toons a week and then attack what level of content I do. I'm pretty sure you went to the armory to look at gear and progression first. Balance druids are in a good place in mythic +, I wouldn't discount that fact. You're still sitting on 2 pieces of 385 azerite pieces you got from the chest and I'm not sure how much you like those traits but I've gotten one and its garbage. I don't think I'm in the minority on that either.

You are literally whining on the forums because the FREE cache that forges guaranteed each week isnt giving you exactly what you want.

If you want to characterize it as whining I won't be trying to attempt to change your opinion. It's not a "free" cache. You have to at least complete a 10 and in exactly everything I said, unless you have a reading comprehension problem, I never said I wasn't happy with what I am getting. I am complaining about the variety. If I was getting a ring one week, boots another, a belt, a back, an azerite piece, a weapon, a trinket etc... There would be variety... Not boots, boots, wrist, boots, boots, wrist, boots, cloak... That's ridiculous.

Posted by Cömanche

To me, raiding mythic isn't worth it with the handful of items, ie. bow from vectis, second to the gun from Ghuun. Outside of that.... Mythrax - ring Taloc - wrist... That's it. Azerite gear is a dps loss. So ya, it's a dps loss on a majority of loot. The guilds current progression doesn't even allow for anything what I'm speaking of. So yes, TO ME, raiding Mythic is unimportant. I got the achievement just on the off chance I wanted to pug it.

Completing a 10 is basically free.

Balance is taken for its utility, not its dps. Dh/rogue/warr/basically all melee do way more dps.

Not attacking you but just calling you silly for complaining because for the level of content youre doing you 100% rely on forging, and youre crying b/c it didnt favor you.
11/13/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Birdleaves

Maybe not for me and you; but, for my under geared alts or others, it's not free.

Not attacking you but just calling you silly for complaining because for the level of content youre doing you 100% rely on forging, and youre crying b/c it didnt favor you.

I'll say it again... It's not just this toon and it's not what ilvl thats dropping but the fact nothing different drops. There is no variety in the loot. So it's not isolated to this character... I'm not speaking to the ilvl of the items... or the fact it is base 380... I'm just saying NOTHING new ever drops, seems like no chance for everything else. That's it. You're hung up on the warforge/titanforge.
11/13/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Cömanche

Maybe not for me and you; but, for my under geared alts or others, it's not free.

I'll say it again... It's not just this toon and it's not what ilvl thats dropping but the fact nothing different drops. There is no variety in the loot. So it's not isolated to this character... I'm not speaking to the ilvl of the items... or the fact it is base 380... I'm just saying NOTHING new ever drops, seems like no chance for everything else. That's it. You're hung up on the warforge/titanforge.

Its cause no one cares about your alt(s) and their gear lol.

Also rng is rng, ive yet to get a duplicate item out of the cache and only 3 times an item for a duplicate slot. Same with most of my group.
Yeah. Can't say I really care if a person can't completely gear out purely from weekly m+ forges.