Why do the alliance keep going neutral?

General Discussion
Every time there's a major threat the alliance go neutral for the sake of the world and open their doors to the horde, three times now.

Then as soon as said threat is over the horde massacre them as seen with Garrosh/Sylvannas after wotlk (ashenvale, stonetalon, darkshore), Garrosh again after Cata(Theramore), then Sylvannas after wod+Legion(Teldrassil).

We've opened Shattrath and Dalaran which were both originally neutral. Every neutral faction that exists is alliance centric except for arguably the earthen ring.

Then we have situations like Theramore, Teldrassil, Southshore, Ashenvale and Stonetalon where no "neutral faction" can get involved even those those "neutral factions" are mainly alliance.

Cenarion: Night elves
Kirin Tor: Humans/high elves
Shatari: Draenei
Argent Dawn: Humans
Guardians of hyjal: Night elves
Dreamweavers: Night elves.
Wardens: Night elves (at least they seem to be joining the alliance now)

These are only a few examples

All factions that should be traumatized by things the horde continuously inflict on the alliance yet do nothing because of "neutrality".

Hyjal and Val'sharrah should be furious against the horde.
Dalaran, especially being led by human alliance centric characters, should not be sitting around going "this is fine" like the meme with the dog on fire.

Sylvannas is trying to kill every living thing in the world right now, I get that Blizzard won't have every faction put up arms against the horde for gameplay reaons but it would absolutely make sense if they did lore wise.

TL;DR: Alliance centric "neutral" factions need to stop opening their doors to the horde just to suffer at their hands as soon as a major threat is taken care of. The horde centric factions have never done this other than the earthen ring. We've never had an iconic horde city open up to the alliance nor are there any horde centric neutral factions.
Before someone says it, The Highmountain and Nightfallen were not horde to begin with and only newly sided with them at the end of the expansion.
Legion doesn't count as Alliance anymore?
Bcuz Anduin is in love with Baine. Duh
Because if the plot made sense, if you take current Faction power level lore-wise,
the Horde would be obliterated in less than a day. And that wouldn't make for a very compelling story I think.
The Kirin Tor and other neutral factions are focused on other things, like the unusual giant sword in the planet. They have both Alliance and Horde races in them, but they are neutral and are only loyal to themselves, not their races or the A/H.

They're all staying out of the war because they don't want to become targets and casualties within it. Plus many neutrals composed of both races get along fine. Tauren, night elves, trolls, humans, all get along great there and they won't jeopardize that for the faction war.
enemy of my enemy is my friend
11/13/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Ayaani
Because if the plot made sense, if you take current Faction power level lore-wise,
the Horde would be obliterated in less than a day. And that wouldn't make for a very compelling story I think.

Couldn't be less compelling than what we have now. In fact, it sounds downright more interesting.
I'd rather my faction's major characters go neutral instead of getting killed off in Warchief Musical Chairs.
because the alliance knows that if they don't work with the horde then they will lose and be completely wiped out.

11/13/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Pronyra
Cenarion: Night elves
Kirin Tor: Humans/high elves
Shatari: Draenei
Argent Dawn: Humans
Cenarion Circle also has Tauren and Trolls in their midst
Kirin Tor had the Sunreavers until Jaina and Vareesa went homicidal on them for no fault of their own (like a grand total of 3 Sunreavers knew what went on and that was because they were in Garrosh's corner)
Argent Dawn has members of all races in it
and by Sha'tari do you mean the Skyguard or Defense? because one is an alliance only reputation from WoD and the other is a faction whose sole purpose was to give us a flying mount.
11/13/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Nemestrïnus
because the alliance knows that if they don't work with the horde then they will lose and be completely wiped out.

Legion says otherwise. Horde did nothing to fight the Legion while Alliance did everything on their own. We don't need you, if anything you needed us way more often.
Because Blizz refuses to let the Horde leaders be the big heroes after all the whining about Thrall. So it's death or villian batting for Horde leaders and neutrality for Alliance ones.
11/13/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Ayaani

I find that compelling...
Because the Alliance is an alliance. It makes allies, and alliances.

Horde is just a bunch of savages, but some are redeemable, so they can be allies with the Alliance.