To sharding and “no change” complainants

Classic Discussion
Please... for the love of God stop complaining. Sharding is necessary for the initial release of this game as the starting zones will be a nightmare to navigate through. I promise you that the release of classic will have a much larger following than the 2004 release... this will add more of a strain on leveling than there initially was 14 years ago.

As for the “no changers” embrace the fact that the game is optimized for current gaming. I’m sure GTA was amazing to look at and watch in the 90s, but if they were to release an updated vanilla version, would you be happy with the same crappy pixelation on your new 4K display? I think not...

Bottom line is, just be happy that someone acknowledged what all of us complained about since 2010 and subsequently followed up on it.
No sharding is not needed...... Dynamic respawns work fine and will help ensureblizz doesn't "need" to use sharding in the future (AQ event wink wink). Sharding will single handedly ruin the entire feeling of an immersive world FILLED WITH OTHER PLAYERS. If I can't see them all I don't care how many people they say are playing......... Pretty basic.
I get that but for the first week or two, I am COMPLETELY fine with it... plus, everyone knows that immersion comes after 60.
11/13/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Bigsly1DD123
No sharding is not needed...... Dynamic respawns work fine and will help ensureblizz doesn't "need" to use sharding in the future (AQ event wink wink). Sharding will single handedly ruin the entire feeling of an immersive world FILLED WITH OTHER PLAYERS. If I can't see them all I don't care how many people they say are playing......... Pretty basic.

Dynamic respawns is probably one of the worst things, if not the worst thing you could ever do to help with a rush of players.
"complainants?"

Is somebody suing Blizzard over this?
11/13/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Randywatson
Sharding is necessary for the initial release of this game as the starting zones will be a nightmare to navigate through.

As I understand it the "nightmare" you speak of is consistent with the authentic Vanilla experience (TM), so if sharding gets rid of that nightmare then we're not getting Vanilla.

Let it be crappy for a while. Server crashes, long lines for a Hogger kill, level 60's from the opposing faction who managed to level while you were waiting in line to log into the server griefing all the low level quest givers and slowing you down. It's all part of the authenticity.

Bring it!
11/13/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Odinmar
Sharding is necessary for the initial release of this game as the starting zones will be a nightmare to navigate through.

As I understand it the "nightmare" you speak of is consistent with the authentic Vanilla experience (TM), so if sharding gets rid of that nightmare then we're not getting Vanilla.

Let it be crappy for a while. Server crashes, long lines for a Hogger kill, level 60's from the opposing faction who managed to level while you were waiting in line to log into the server griefing all the low level quest givers and slowing you down. It's all part of the authenticity.

Bring it!
So you would be happy getting kicked from the server every 10 minutes? That’s just insane...
11/13/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Randywatson
11/13/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Odinmar

Bring it!
So you would be happy getting kicked from the server every 10 minutes? That’s just insane...

Happy? No. But who said I play this game to be happy?

Insane... yeah you may have something there.
Call sharding and loot trading "necessary evils" all you want, but I see these both for what they really are. These are measures to cut corners and cheapen the experience at the cost of authenticity. Simply put, the dev team behind Classic wants to give us the "authentic Vanilla experience, warts and all" we were promised, but the higher-ups at Acti-Blizz don't want to put in the time, effort, and resources required to deliver on that promise. Instead they want to cut corners and costs wherever possible and the devs on the classic team have no choice but to comply with whatever corner cutting changes the suits want them to make if they wanna keep their jobs. Executive meddling is threatening to ruin the authentic Vanilla experience we were promised and IT WILL, if we don't speak up now until they listen and correct course accordingly.
If you think sharding is acceptable at any point, you need to stick to Retail.
11/13/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Randywatson
I get that but for the first week or two, I am COMPLETELY fine with it... plus, everyone knows that immersion comes after 60.
Immersion comes while leveling. Meeting other random players and forming friendships and having interactions with new people. You know, like during actual vanilla.
Please... for the love of God stop complaining. Sharding is necessary for the initial release of this game as the starting zones will be a nightmare to navigate through. I promise you that the release of classic will have a much larger following than the 2004 release... this will add more of a strain on leveling than there initially was 14 years ago.

As for the “no changers” embrace the fact that the game is optimized for current gaming. I’m sure GTA was amazing to look at and watch in the 90s, but if they were to release an updated vanilla version, would you be happy with the same crappy pixelation on your new 4K display? I think not...

Bottom line is, just be happy that someone acknowledged what all of us complained about since 2010 and subsequently followed up on it.

posts like this, makes me so happy that trolls have no say in a base game recreation, of a game that they never touched or played.
Sharding completely destroys the community aspect of the game. There’s nothing worse than logging in and seeing as zone that has 100 people in it and you are only able to see two of them.

The competition and bottlenecks created by having no sharding Is healthy and incentivizes people to group up to complete quests.

The vanilla players want official classics servers as the game was meant to be. This includes itemization talents raid releases etc. I personally don’t see why they invested so much money time and resources into making classics servers If they are just going to short cut everything and give us exactly what private servers already gave us. If they don’t do it right, no one is going to play it.
NoSharding!!!
I hope they put in the money for the server blades rather than VM everything if they're going to have to shard to handle more than 50 people in the same place. They're charging $15 for frogs sake. This is supposed to be a #nochanges remake after all.
11/13/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Torrasque
11/13/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Randywatson
Immersion comes while leveling. Meeting other random players and forming friendships and having interactions with new people. You know, like during actual vanilla.

I disagree... if you had it your way, it would take 2 weeks to get to lvl 30 because of 5000 people trying to grind in the same areas non stop. That is utterly retarded. Don’t even act like that was common in vanilla, because it wasn’t. In some ways, you have to compromise. If not, wait a fews weeks and then start playing the game... either way, Blizzard is going to get its pound of flesh out of you whether you protest or not. You people have been waiting too long to not play classic.
Overcrowding is only a problem on mega servers. Tourists won't contribute to crowding. The problem they will cause is when they quit, leaving once full servers dead.
The sharding problem doesn't solve the 1 problem it's meant to solve anyway. It' just pushes it down the line.

The competition for resources and quests. Sure you shard the starting zones. put a 2.5k pop sever out there and shard all the players between the 6 starting zones, roughly 400 each. Make the shards 50 each. Basically no competition. Everyone breezes through to level 10. Now all that competition they didn't have 1-10, is suddenly in the 10-20 zone.

So people come to the forums to complain leveling 10-20 is too hard and takes too long because of all the people in 10-20 zones. So Blizz shards them and extends the total shard time. Then it carries into the 20-30 and then the 30-40... and before you know it the entire game is sharded because people thought sharding the starting zones was a good idea.
11/13/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Sarevök
If you think sharding is acceptable at any point, you need to stick to Retail.

Like I said, there is an acceptable temporary level to alleviate bottlenecking.
11/13/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Randywatson
I disagree... if you had it your way, it would take 2 weeks to get to lvl 30 because of 5000 people trying to grind in the same areas non stop. That is utterly retarded. Don’t even act like that was common in vanilla, because it wasn’t. In some ways, you have to compromise. If not, wait a fews weeks and then start playing the game... either way, Blizzard is going to get its pound of flesh out of you whether you protest or not. You people have been waiting too long to not play classic.

Dude, it's probably gonna take at least 2 weeks to get to level 30 anyway. I feel like there should be something on these forums that shows if a character is from classic or not. under the achievement score maybe? or a border? That way it's super easy to identify all these young'ns who are speaking with such authority on things they really know nothing about