To sharding and “no change” complainants

Classic Discussion
People stop advocating for changes, ill stop advocating for none.

PS - SNES looks phenomenal on my lcd tv.
11/13/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Randywatson
11/13/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Sarevök
If you think sharding is acceptable at any point, you need to stick to Retail.

Like I said, there is an acceptable temporary level to alleviate bottlenecking.

And what happens when that bottleneck moves from the starting areas to the secondary zones?

Should Blizzard shard those secondary areas also to cater to those who have an instant gratification, convenience oriented mindset and who cannot handle competition?

If you say "yes, they should shard those secondary areas to alleviate competition and help ease, or clear, the new bottleneck", now you are extending the sharding beyond "only for a brief time and only in the starting areas" Where does the sharding stop?

If you say "no, let players learn to live with competition", then why do we need sharding in the starting areas? Shouldn't players be able to learn to live with competition in those areas, also?
11/13/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Randywatson
Please... for the love of God stop complaining. Sharding is necessary for the initial release of this game as the starting zones will be a nightmare to navigate through. I promise you that the release of classic will have a much larger following than the 2004 release... this will add more of a strain on leveling than there initially was 14 years ago.

As for the “no changers” embrace the fact that the game is optimized for current gaming. I’m sure GTA was amazing to look at and watch in the 90s, but if they were to release an updated vanilla version, would you be happy with the same crappy pixelation on your new 4K display? I think not...

Bottom line is, just be happy that someone acknowledged what all of us complained about since 2010 and subsequently followed up on it.

Hey, it's raining on your head!
11/13/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Randywatson
I get that but for the first week or two, I am COMPLETELY fine with it... plus, everyone knows that immersion comes after 60.

If you discount the importance of the leveling game then why even care about Vanilla?
11/13/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Randywatson
I get that but for the first week or two, I am COMPLETELY fine with it... plus, everyone knows that immersion comes after 60.

Immersion starts from the second you see your toon for the first time in its starting zone. Thats the magic of Vanilla.
Really? Ruin the entire feel of the game JUST to make the Lv 1-3 area "easier" on the first day?

People don't need to complete those quests, hell you can just grind random mobs and level up, or god forbid team up

Someone post that pic of a pserver with all the orcs lining up in durotar for a quest mob. There was a queue of like 100+ chars all lining up politely lol

keep this sharding bs out of the game
A nightmare to navigate through? Necessary? Are you kidding me? Hundreds of people running around you in the launch surge is epic!! It makes you feel like you're in a great race, you're in the front lines. It's a party, man. If you want a solo experience host a personal private server.
Please... for the love of God stop complaining.

Take your own advice?
If sharding was "needed", how do you explain private servers managing just fine without it?

CHECK MATE!
11/13/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Randywatson
11/13/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Odinmar
As I understand it the "nightmare" you speak of is consistent with the authentic Vanilla experience (TM), so if sharding gets rid of that nightmare then we're not getting Vanilla.

Let it be crappy for a while. Server crashes, long lines for a Hogger kill, level 60's from the opposing faction who managed to level while you were waiting in line to log into the server griefing all the low level quest givers and slowing you down. It's all part of the authenticity.

Bring it!
So you would be happy getting kicked from the server every 10 minutes? That’s just insane...

Better than sharding
11/13/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Randywatson
t would take 2 weeks to get to lvl 30 because of 5000 people trying to grind in the same areas non stop.

It would take 2 weeks to get to 60 because there is no body in the questing zone and you get to max level not meeting anyone.

5000 people in one zone lol, I have never seen that happen before.
The most I have seen was probably 200 people in any of the expansions and classic.
So don't kid your self its highly unlikely that there will be 5000 people in every starting zone seeing how they'd cap the shards when putting them out.

Sharding will only cause problems, besides people need time to get to know each other and chose a server based upon people they meet in the starting zone.
Only thing blizzard needs to do is to add a time limit to the create character screen so that many people who aren't playing don't cause traffic to occur for people to get in.

Please... for the love of God stop complaining. Sharding is necessary for the initial release of this game as the starting zones will be a nightmare to navigate through.
No it isn't and I have no intention of giving Activision a free pass to screw up Classic just so they can pinch a few more pennies each month.

Stop accepting mediocrity and incompetence.
11/13/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Randywatson

Like I said, there is an acceptable temporary level to alleviate bottlenecking.

No there is not.
I kinda like big crowds making Friends And stuff, with 8 starting zones i don't see a big deal, i did just fine in wotlk with 2 starting zones
Agree with you 100%. On Point.

Dynamic respawns are exploitable and private server launches were unplayable garbage.