Classic is too easy for 2019 playerbase

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
I'm not big on gameplay changes, really I'm not but...

The game is just too easy for today's standards. I really think some of these raids and instances need a serious increase in difficulty. MC is a joke, most of the tier sets are unbalanced,

and a lot of seasoned players agree but fear the toxic Classic community to speak up on this issue.
11/13/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Hopera

The game is just too easy for today's standards. I really think some of these raids and instances need a serious increase in difficulty. MC is a joke, most of the tier sets are unbalanced,

and a lot of seasoned players agree but fear the toxic Classic community to speak up on this issue.

Except dungeons in vanilla will be harder then what most live players ever experience.

And leveling will be a significant change for them all around.
Too easy for retail players? Are you joking?
Except most people who want classic want it because live is to dumbed down for the masses. 1.12 was much more challenging than live.

As for MC being easy...of course a tier 1 raid isn't super hard when you have a patch out that includes tier 2 and 3 stuff as power creep was always a thing in wow both in old and current. If all the stuff outside of the raid power creeped it won't be as bad inside the raid that was not retuned. Go try to get tier 3 in that patch and see how easy it is.
Before power creep the gear grind for any non healer to even be able to survive in there was crazy.

It's all true and it is what it is and I accept that the entire game will be on farm in less than 6 months.
Except dungeons in vanilla will require a different skill set than most retail players are used to using.

Fixed that for you.
fear the toxic Classic community

I've been seeing this alot, and I've only been here a short while.

The Classic community attacking retail and its players every chance they get.

It's sad, really.
11/13/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Doomsongs

It's all true and it is what it is and I accept that the entire game will be on farm in less than 6 months.

Todays live players will still be trying to level after 6 months as quests you have to read is something beyond their ability.

That's laughable.
11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Lorissa

Todays live players will still be trying to level after 6 months as quests you have to read is something beyond their ability.

Yes. Having to read will slow them down a bit but there will be addons right away that will help with that problem. I guess Im more just thinking of end game content. Raids are going to roll through this stuff very very fast. And that's OK.
LOLOL. Yeah wait til a (any class) runs into a group of murlocs. Too funny. Or better yet someone tries to enter a zone several leveles higher than themselves. Yeah, the people who grew up with wraith and beyond are in for a sticker shock. Food and drink does not get tossed.......ever.
And changing the raid mechanics would totally invalidate the purpose of doing classic to begin with.

What you are asking for is some silly timewalking thing for the live game.
11/13/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Thundathys
Except dungeons in vanilla will require a different skill set than most retail players are used to using.

Fixed that for you.

Not really unless you forgot to remove "different".
11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Lorissa
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Do you mean there isn't an arrow pointing to the highlighted cave entrance? I'm going to have to find it? wtf, icbf wasting time looking for a damn cave for 4 days!

It says it's right here, and i'm right here but it isn't right here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9_c8Kp_Dro

The problems are not directly related to the raid instances them selves, but the changes that were made over time that trivialized raids like Molten Core, Ony and BWL.

AQ is even "Nerfed" by its original 1.9 / 1.10 standards.

The following are why the raids got easy.

Blizzard added a new component to Taunt in patch 1.11 to make it more powerful.
Blizzard reduced the rage cost of shield slam to 20 from 30 and caused it to scale a little too well post 1.11 update.

This in turn allowed DPS to go full tilt with out any worry of pulling aggro. Previous to 1.11 threat management was a key component in Vanilla raid, and all the raids BEFORE Naxxramas are designed for threat management game play.

You can buff the raids all you like, but failing to fix the threat management issue leaves the raids in EZ mode territory.

That 1.11 play style is not representitive of the majority of Vanilla WoW and should be discarded for the original style where threat matters.

Some players will QQ over this, it's unavoidable because they want to play a fury warrior and dominate the DPS meter with out thinking, instead button mashing their way to victory.

However, consider this to you folks who QQ over threat based PVE; we have the rest of our natural lives to clear the raid content, there is no race, and there is no expansion on the horizon 2 years from now, so take your darn time and learn to actually play Vanilla the way it was originally intended instead of the abomination that is 1.11+ game play.
11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Natiari
fear the toxic Classic community

I've been seeing this alot, and I've only been here a short while.

The Classic community attacking retail and its players every chance they get.

It's sad, really.

And the reverse has never happened with retail players telling classic fans to shut up, wall of no, you think you do but you don't, etc.
And this didn't go on for 10 years. Oh wait.
Vanilla was easier than retail. Ofc Classic will be easier.
Say that to all the players who kept dying on the demo.
11/13/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Thèón
Vanilla was easier than retail. Ofc Classic will be easier.

Is there a reason why you keep saying this false statement in every thread?
11/13/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Härländ

The problems are not directly related to the raid instances them selves, but the changes that were made over time that trivialized raids like Molten Core, Ony and BWL.

AQ is even "Nerfed" by its original 1.9 / 1.10 standards.

The following are why the raids got easy.

Blizzard added a new component to Taunt in patch 1.11 to make it more powerful.
Blizzard reduced the rage cost of shield slam to 20 from 30 and caused it to scale a little too well post 1.11 update.

This in turn allowed DPS to go full tilt with out any worry of pulling aggro. Previous to 1.11 threat management was a key component in Vanilla raid, and all the raids BEFORE Naxxramas are designed for threat management game play.

You can buff the raids all you like, but failing to fix the threat management issue leaves the raids in EZ mode territory.

That 1.11 play style is not representitive of the majority of Vanilla WoW and should be discarded for the original style where threat matters.

Some players will QQ over this, it's unavoidable because they want to play a fury warrior and dominate the DPS meter with out thinking, instead button mashing their way to victory.

However, consider this to you folks who QQ over threat based PVE; we have the rest of our natural lives to clear the raid content, there is no race, and there is no expansion on the horizon 2 years from now, so take your darn time and learn to actually play Vanilla the way it was originally intended instead of the abomination that is 1.11+ game play.
But classic is releasing as 1.12...