Classic is too easy for 2019 playerbase

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12
and you can have the raid balance you want in bfa
11/14/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Matcauthon
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'm having flashbacks to the release of Cata....

Exactly my point.
Anyone who says that vanilla dungeons weren't harder...
Do you remember when cataclysm went live and the entire generation of wrath players collectively lost it?

Exactly rofl.

It is just pitiful and sad now in that thread since you and I have jumped in to aid Moonblade.

Like they are arguing against the use of CC like it's some sort of taboo! And going "but but aoe!" LOL. I mean dangit it almost feels like they cannot think for themselves!

Like okay think. Aoe hits CC'd mob. Why? Cus the CC'd mob is too close. Okay so you need to move the mob away! How? Just pull the mob away. Have the trap in a spot AWAY from the aoe. Take the mob yourself, yes tank does not need to hold every single mob, and pull it into the trap AWAY from the aoe.
11/14/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Sion
and you can have the raid balance you want in bfa
even blizzard said that!
11/14/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Melaned

Exactly my point.
Do you remember when cataclysm went live and the entire generation of wrath players collectively lost it?

Exactly rofl.

It is just pitiful and sad now in that thread since you and I have jumped in to aid Moonblade.

Like they are arguing against the use of CC like it's some sort of taboo! And going "but but aoe!" LOL. I mean dangit it almost feels like they cannot think for themselves!

But but my dps meters!

Can't believe that guy said it takes a week at least to learn to cc and pull back.
11/14/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Matcauthon
11/14/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Melaned
Exactly rofl.

But but my dps meters!

Can't believe that guy said it takes a week at least to learn to cc and pull back.
LOL I KNOW!
A week, to learn how to use an ability on a mob.
/golfclap.
Lol now they are teaching each other to equip all of their past expac freebie "legendaries" cus apparently they scale very strong in TW. So instead of learning to fight the stuff they just going to try and massively out-gear it.

Also in BT thread, one guy knows exactly what he doing.
11/15/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Nyhthraefn
As someone who ran the original and raid-led through most of the timewalking bosses, I like the tuning. I found if I got 10 people or a little more who actually paid attention and tried during the fights, we could take them down within 1-3 shots. Fewer quality people is a better way then just inviting everyone.

Also if you look up the strats for how the bosses were originally killed and have tanks that understand the strats, it's a huge help. I had a couple tanks for Illidan who had done it at level and we 1-shot him. RoS was 3-shot after some good explanation. I think Council was 3-shot, although that fight always has been a slog.

I know that everyone wants the warglaive appearance, but I don't think it should just be zergable as most of the current raids are. We cc'd during trash pulls, pulled carefully and I had to explain a few trash mechanics on the way. Took a long time sure, but felt like an echo of the real thing, which I enjoyed.

Probably gonna get flamed, but I like the tuning. What needs to be fixed is the ability to list group while still in the instance for when you need to replace a person.

Yeah I am sorry but current is just a rush fest now. Easy.
I can't wait to watch people blowing each other up on Baron Geddon.
Why is it so hard to understand that difficulty isn't a factor on how much you enjoy a game?

Cataclysm cranked up the difficulty by a mile and people hated it, not because of the difficulty incrase, but because it wasn't fun and it sucked.

Classic enthusiasts want organic, server based communities, like a true MMORPG would have.

Cranking up the difficulty into insane levels doesn't make it any more fun, just watch the GD forums, how many retail players are complaining about the current Mythic + affixes are just way overtuned and that it's just not fun.
11/14/2018 07:45 PMPosted by Matcauthon
Yeah sure. You can have the bfa balance you want. In bfa

You can have the bfa raid balance you want in bfa.

Exactly my point.

Break yourselves upon my body

Early cata was a blast!
11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Natiari
11/13/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Hopera
fear the toxic Classic community

I've been seeing this alot, and I've only been here a short while.

The Classic community attacking retail and its players every chance they get.

It's sad, really.

I'm not justifying it, but it's understandable to some degree. A lot of old-school players blame the new-school players for things they feel ruined the game for them like LFR and Dungeon Finder.
11/14/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Hopera
Why is it too far out of the question to ask for a MC, Ony, and BWL, and Tier 1 re-balance..? This s*** is outdated and will get stomped with the 1.12 talents and class changes....

Because it's the wrong way to go about it. It's very likely that it would be broken and ruin the feel of the old raids. The real solution would be to use an earlier patch and not base it off of 1.11 or 1.12 balance to begin with, but that boat has sailed.
11/15/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Rastaimposta
11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Natiari
I've been seeing this alot, and I've only been here a short while.

The Classic community attacking retail and its players every chance they get.

It's sad, really.

I'm not justifying it, but it's understandable to some degree. A lot of old-school players blame the new-school players for things they feel ruined the game for them like LFR and Dungeon Finder.

Well that's why you can never take those arguments too seriously, everyone knew vanilla was the easy mode MMO. It's why we played it so complaining that blizzard stayed that course doesn't really make sense.
11/13/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Hopera
I'm not big on gameplay changes, really I'm not but...

The game is just too easy for today's standards. I really think some of these raids and instances need a serious increase in difficulty. MC is a joke, most of the tier sets are unbalanced,

and a lot of seasoned players agree but fear the toxic Classic community to speak up on this issue.

Must be alot harder since most people wont make it past lvl 25-30.
11/15/2018 03:13 AMPosted by Igotsoul
I can't wait to watch people blowing each other up on Baron Geddon.

This was turned into a game in my guild, I was a rogue and the raid leader. If the bomb managed to kill me, but not kill anyone else they got extra DKP.

-_-
11/15/2018 04:32 AMPosted by Vormav
Why is it so hard to understand that difficulty isn't a factor on how much you enjoy a game?

Cataclysm cranked up the difficulty by a mile and people hated it, not because of the difficulty incrase, but because it wasn't fun and it sucked.

Classic enthusiasts want organic, server based communities, like a true MMORPG would have.

Cranking up the difficulty into insane levels doesn't make it any more fun, just watch the GD forums, how many retail players are complaining about the current Mythic + affixes are just way overtuned and that it's just not fun.

A lot of classic fun involved being able to do things, including raiding, with friends of varying skill levels. Re-tuning to increase challenge would have a significant social impact.

We also don't yet know what server populations will be. Unless you're in a focused progression guild, there's a fair chance that if folks want to see 40-man content it will be in their interest that at least the lower-tier raids can be completed by average players--as was the case during vanilla.
11/13/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Matcauthon
For literally everyone else classic is harder.

In general your personal survivability out in the world is much harder. "Pull a second mob, you can easily die." Nowhere is this more apparent than your first "proper" leveling zone (Westfall for Alliance, Barrens for Horde).

The goretusks in Westfall have a charge they open combat with that makes their first attack do 60+ damage, and it can crit. Couple that with your first spell missing and you can be down to 30% health right off the bat.

That sort of dynamic just does not exist in retail.
Wrath-onward players have probably never seen a spell miss (or "resist" as it was once labeled).
I mean ya vanilla raiding is much easier then mythic raiding now a days because people have been playing the game for 15+ years and you can throw a ton of mechanics at us on retail. The hard part in vanilla was getting 40 people together that are geared enough to down the content. Vanilla had a much bigger gear check then retail does now. Everything else in vanilla was harder then retail, in retail we are spoon fed in leveling,catch up mechanics, gold, mounts, Wow token and many more. Yes high end content is much harder only because the game has been out for 15 + years. You can tell people are much better at the game due to the game being out for so long by just watching pvp now vs then. People just have a better understanding of the game now a days.