Classic is too easy for 2019 playerbase

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
Excellent thread.
11/13/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Lorissa
But classic is releasing as 1.12...

Eh so far the Classic demo looks nothing like and plays nothing like 1.12.

I would not be so sure they're 100% married to a raw state of 1.12 because of how game breaking it actually is for early raids.

I would be willing to bet they re-consider things like Original AV being that its most popular, and threat management as a PVE mechanic because it gives back the depth that Pre-Naxx vanilla raiding actually had but does not exist in the 1.11 / 1.12 "NERFED" state.
11/13/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Thèón
Vanilla was easier than retail. Ofc Classic will be easier.
at the highest level of play you are right. For literally everyone else you are wrong.
11/13/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Härländ
11/13/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Lorissa
But classic is releasing as 1.12...

I would not be so sure they're 100% married to a raw state of 1.12 because of how game breaking it actually is for early raids.

I would be willing to bet they re-consider things like Original AV being that its most popular, and threat management as a PVE mechanic because it gives back the depth that Pre-Naxx vanilla raiding actually had but does not exist in the 1.11 / 1.12 "NERFED" state.
They said 1.12 is the oldest version they have a complete data set for and that is why they are using it. Sounds like they are stuck with 1.12 unless they reinvent something older from scratch.
11/13/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Matcauthon
at the highest level of play you are right. For literally everyone else you are wrong.

funny how some people like to only look at the "peak" number while totally ignoring everything under the curve..

Not even joking when I say that 98% of BFA is easier than Classic WoW, its that 2% of BFA that's Harder...

But the only focus on that 2% of the game that most players will never see, in turn that guy will say some really ignorant stuff like "BFA's" harder when in reality for the typical players it's not even close.
Ya guys, the game he hasn't played before is too easy. He knows this because dur.

That makes sense.
11/13/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Lorissa
They said 1.12 is the oldest version they have a complete data set for and that is why they are using it. Sounds like they are stuck with 1.12 unless they reinvent something older from scratch.

Complete data does not mean they need to use a complete version, they only need the map's for AV, and the scripting for the events, there is bound to be a solid format of that some place; even if they need to look at the blueprint for it and build it from the ground up.

Additionally that early version map exists, the private servers on occasion use it, so it's not long gone or anything like that.. The only thing they would need to ensure is the scripting side of it.

As for the early Vanilla threat managment kit; that's not rocket science either, those figures can be pulled from any version prior to 1.11; you do not need the entire data set to extract those values.
Spare me OP. Complete nonsense.
11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Lorissa
11/13/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Doomsongs

It's all true and it is what it is and I accept that the entire game will be on farm in less than 6 months.

Todays live players will still be trying to level after 6 months as quests you have to read is something beyond their ability.

I really don't like this argument, partly because it's incredibly condescending, but mainly because I have an entire computer that I can hold in the palm of my hand now that I didn't have 14 years ago. All of the quests from Classic are well-documented at this point through Wowhead and the like; people who don't want to read quests are going to realize that they can just have a website pulled up on their smartphone and use it to help them navigate when they don't want to think. Like it or not, I guarantee people will do it, and thus they will level at a brisk pace despite the disconnect that slowed people down 14 years ago when the game was brand new and you had to alt tab out to view a guide.
11/13/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Leyawiin
11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Lorissa
Todays live players will still be trying to level after 6 months as quests you have to read is something beyond their ability.

I really don't like this argument, partly because it's incredibly condescending, but mainly because I have an entire computer that I can hold in the palm of my hand now that I didn't have 14 years ago. All of the quests from Classic are well-documented at this point through Wowhead and the like; people who don't want to read quests are going to realize that they can just have a website pulled up on their smartphone and use it to help them navigate when they don't want to think. Like it or not, I guarantee people will do it, and thus they will level at a brisk pace despite the disconnect that slowed people down 14 years ago when the game was brand new and you had to alt tab out to view a guide.

But then they have to read the website...
The whole point is there are no flashing lights pointing you every step of the way. Weather they read the quest or the website either would make them read instead of aimlessly following the flashing arrows.
11/13/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Savax

Is there a reason why you keep saying this false statement in every thread?

Because its true. Can you tell me why its a false statement?
11/13/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Thèón

This has been discussed in detail in numerous other threads. The ONLY thing that is harder about retail is Mythic+ dungeons.

Because you're only assuming highest difficulty level that less then 10% of the playerbase participates in?
11/13/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Fateweaver

This has been discussed in detail in numerous other threads. The ONLY thing that is harder about retail is Mythic+ dungeons.

I would throw in heroic and above raids as well. Either way. Less then 10% or the population does either.

For literally everyone else classic is harder.
11/13/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Lorissa
11/13/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Härländ

That is not what they said.. they said they had back to 1.12 and a little before..
11/13/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Hopera
I'm not big on gameplay changes, really I'm not but...

The game is just too easy for today's standards. I really think some of these raids and instances need a serious increase in difficulty. MC is a joke, most of the tier sets are unbalanced,

and a lot of seasoned players agree but fear the toxic Classic community to speak up on this issue.

watches wipe after wipe, JUST on the BC time walking.

knows for a fact that vanilla was harder.

stares at the op as if their last brain cell died.

riiiiight.

pass the BC time walking first, nub and then we will talk about easy.
11/13/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Moonblade
I'm not big on gameplay changes, really I'm not but...

The game is just too easy for today's standards. I really think some of these raids and instances need a serious increase in difficulty. MC is a joke, most of the tier sets are unbalanced,

and a lot of seasoned players agree but fear the toxic Classic community to speak up on this issue.

watches wipe after wipe, JUST on the BC time walking.

knows for a fact that vanilla was harder.

stares at the op as if their last brain cell died.

riiiiight.

First of all. B.C. dungeons were harder then B.C. timewalking.
Secondly
Remember how hard people cried about Cata dungeons?
11/13/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Härländ
Not even joking when I say that 98% of BFA is easier than Classic WoW, its that 2% of BFA that's Harder...

The "problem" is 98% of the content doesn't matter. I see posts here about how raiding is easy in retail and inevitably the poster is referring to LFR and normal.
I see posts about how dungeons are easy and they're never referring to M10+.

The way I see it is simple. Normal and heroic dungeons are the equivilent of running RFK and RFD with a group of full lvl 60's.

Never use this line. Seriously. If your' standing up and know there are those that agree say it like "I know others agree with me but are not willing to so and so"

When you say it without the statement that it is of your knowledge or belief it comes off asinine. Like "others agree with me so do it".

11/13/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Matcauthon
Except dungeons in vanilla will be harder then what most live players ever experience.

Let's be honest. Retail is so easy mode it's tv mode.
Vanilla was a lot harder than this watered down game we play now ,
When questing in the great outdoors there was a quest system ie.. green very easy , yellow easy, orange hard , red very hard , & dark red get a group together .
this system is still inplace but you can only do green & yellow , Blizzard doesnt want you to get hurt .
I wont go into they way they Nerfed the Hunter & the pet ,
BFA & Legion have put a bit more bite into the game but lvling up to Legion is like mowing the lawn with a lawnmower .
Also a monster with a name was an elite , they are still there but they have had their claws removed & have been demoted .
My two pence.