Classic is too easy for 2019 playerbase

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
11/13/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Matcauthon
<span class="truncated">...</span>

watches wipe after wipe, JUST on the BC time walking.

knows for a fact that vanilla was harder.

stares at the op as if their last brain cell died.

riiiiight.

Remember how hard people cried about Cata dungeons?

please. and yet they cant even pass a single BC dungeon. a BC dungeon that is scaled, to BFA. like--- how asinine can people be?

First of all. B.C. dungeons were harder then B.C. timewalking.
Secondly

right..that was my point. hence why no one seems able to finish a BC time walking, thus scaled.
11/13/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Moonblade

watches wipe after wipe, JUST on the BC time walking.

knows for a fact that vanilla was harder.

stares at the op as if their last brain cell died.

riiiiight.

I do and it was hilarious.But to be fair it was all blizzards fault for shifting too far towards easy content and training a generation of players that being bad was ok.
11/13/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Thundathys
11/13/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Härländ
Not even joking when I say that 98% of BFA is easier than Classic WoW, its that 2% of BFA that's Harder...

The "problem" is 98% of the content doesn't matter. I see posts here about how raiding is easy in retail and inevitably the poster is referring to LFR and normal.
I see posts about how dungeons are easy and they're never referring to M10+.

The way I see it is simple. Normal and heroic dungeons are the equivilent of running RFK and RFD with a group of full lvl 60's.

The difference is this. 90% or more of players don't do that content you listed. So for most of your live playerbase vanilla would be harder. Remember how hard people cried about Cata dungeons?
I have doubts many non vanilla players will make it to 60 on there first "attempt" playing. They will fall out around level 25.
11/13/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Thundathys

I do and it was hilarious.But to be fair it was all blizzards fault for shifting too far towards easy content and training a generation of players that being bad was ok.

it was all blizzards fault for shifting too far towards easy content and training a generation of players that being bad was ok.

exactly.
11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Natiari
The Classic community attacking retail and its players every chance they get.

Were you here before we were considered a community?

We had to post in GD forums about wanting classic when wall of no was still a thing. Let that sink in. GD forums. Classic. In GD forums. Oh and Blizzard mocking us every Blizzcon.

I don't agree with people being vitriolic but I cannot honestly blame them. A company they loved turned back on them and mocked them and targeted a newer audience that continued to mock them even more so as their favorite game became worse and worse over time by said company and newer audience.

Doesn't matter. Fact is that for most your wow playerbase vanilla will be an increase in difficulty.
The elite will have less trouble sure.
11/13/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Steamengine
Vanilla was a lot harder than this watered down game we play now ,
When questing in the great outdoors there was a quest system ie.. green very easy , yellow easy, orange hard , red very hard , & dark red get a group together .
this system is still inplace but you can only do green & yellow , Blizzard doesnt want you to get hurt .

In current there are group quests that Blizzard tells you to get two more people to help you on. I solo them. They were not even a real threat. The handholding level is over 9000.

I wont go into they way they Nerfed the Hunter & the pet ,

Just... just... What Legion did to the hunter class was a sin.

BFA & Legion have put a bit more bite into the game but lvling up to Legion is like mowing the lawn with a lawnmower .
Also a monster with a name was an elite , they are still there but they have had their claws removed & have been demoted .

Just look at Hogger.
Also Deadmines. "lvl 15 dungeon" walk in with full heirlooms lvl 11 and solo it.
11/13/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Matcauthon

Doesn't matter. Fact is that for most your wow playerbase vanilla will be an increase in difficulty.

lol

that include the guy who was demanding for level 60 boost? level 60 boosts. or the people who cant get past the first pack of mobs in a BC time walking, because they cant grasp the phrase crowd control. which vanilla and bc was very heavily depended on? ya know? SKILL.
or the people asking for guild banks because they cant seem to be able to organize even simple 18 slot bags? laughs out loud.
or the people crying for class balance, ya know- the people who havent even played vanilla to know if it needs class balance? just so blizzard can continue making them believe they are a good player, who cant CC? or maintain a small 18 slot bag? should i even mention transgmog or flying?

it wont be a simple increase in difficulty. its going to be the difference between luxury and hard labor.
11/13/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Matcauthon

Yeah I don't think any one is expecting it to be impossible for those who actually try in retail.

That said read a thread earlier today where they were QQing at each other because Heroic/Mythic Raiders were terrible at Mythic +'s and vice versa. "Because the mechanics are different and need to know what happens first". . . . .

So yeah there's that.
11/13/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Moonblade
or the people who cant get past the first pack of mobs in a BC time walking, because they cant grasp the phrase crowd control. which vanilla and bc was very heavily depended on? ya know? SKILL.

Which pack is that? I haven't touched time walking in a long time.Also CC isn't skill in pve.

11/13/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Moonblade
or the people asking for guild banks because they cant seem to be able to organize even simple 18 slot bags? laughs out loud.

It's not about organising 18 slot bags. It's about removing some of the annoyance anytime someone want's a Bijou, or scarab or w/e.It's also about having some accountability for the officers/players.It's also about giving your guild banker sometime off.

Remember when pre-WLK patch came out and they did the ghoul plague stuff and it was so much fun? And how they will never do anything like that again because "QQ I R NEED SAFE SPACE"
11/13/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Thèón
Vanilla was easier than retail. Ofc Classic will be easier.

You obviously didn't play classic.
Level 17 Redridge Mountain questing in Classic WoW is harder than anything in retail WoW.
11/13/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Thundathys
It's not about organising 18 slot bags. It's about removing some of the annoyance anytime someone want's a Bijou, or scarab or w/e.It's also about having some accountability for the officers/players.It's also about giving your guild banker sometime off.

Totally not vanilla though.

I say no to guild banks.
11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Lorissa
11/13/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Doomsongs

It's all true and it is what it is and I accept that the entire game will be on farm in less than 6 months.

Todays live players will still be trying to level after 6 months as quests you have to read is something beyond their ability.

Lmfao I'm not reading quests. Who the !@#$ does that?

Like I'm some kind of RP'r. I'm going to rush to 60 in a blur and ignore every piece of lore related event happening to me. And then at 60 I'm going to play as efficiently as possible to reach my goals and burn out in 3 months flat.

That's how I play my games.
You guys realize what will happen though right?

Hogger. . . The Legend Reborn.

He is going to eat so many noobs.
11/13/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Cheater
11/13/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Lorissa
Todays live players will still be trying to level after 6 months as quests you have to read is something beyond their ability.

Lmfao I'm not reading quests. Who the !@#$ does that?

Like I'm some kind of RP'r. I'm going to rush to 60 in a blur and ignore every piece of lore related event happening to me. And then at 60 I'm going to play as efficiently as possible to reach my goals and burn out in 3 months flat.

That's how I play my games.

I can cut the sarcasm in the air with a freakin' butter knife!
I don't know why people use longer to finish as harder to finish. The mobs aren't these heavily scripted fights they don't do anything different then what they do now in retail. The difference is they require patience it requires you methodically calculate your pulls and to be aware of your environment and that doesn't require you to do anything different then simplify take your time and pay attention. You may not be able to run into an area and grab a ton of mobs and aoe them down with no concern for mana or health but it doesn't mean the learning curve is this huge jump it would take anyone 5 minutes in the starting zone to adjust and realize they need to go slower and be more conscious of their abilities and weakness maybe for some this may be hard but for anyone who has ever played any form of MMO outside of wow are already use to these things.

If people don't make it to 60 it wont be because omg these mobs are soo hard I just cant kill them, or omg I don't know how to kill them or omg I keep dying, it will be because they don't want to invest the time required to level to 60 or the time required to make gold to get items etc
11/13/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Slappypappy
I don't know why people use longer to finish as harder to finish. The mobs aren't these heavily scripted fights they don't do anything different then what they do now in retail. The difference is they require patience it requires you methodically calculate your pulls and to be aware of your environment and that doesn't require you to do anything different then simplify take your time and pay attention. You may not be able to run into an area and grab a ton of mobs and aoe them down with no concern for mana or health but it doesn't mean the learning curve is this huge jump it would take anyone 5 minutes in the starting zone to adjust and realize they need to go slower and be more conscious of their abilities and weakness maybe for some this may be hard but for anyone who has ever played any form of MMO outside of wow are already use to these things.

If people don't make it to 60 it wont be because omg these mobs are soo hard I just cant kill them, or omg I don't know how to kill them or omg I keep dying, it will be because they don't want to invest the time required to level to 60 or the time required to make gold to get items etc

It's harder because a single mispull can and will kill you.
It's harder because mobs are an actual threat to you.
It's harder because you aren't superman any more doing oodles of damage and easily pulling 4 to 5 mobs at once with no issues.
Let's put it this way.
It's faster to level to 120 in live then it is to level to 60 in vanilla.