Classic is too easy for 2019 playerbase

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 12 Next
If anything classic will be much harder, not easier.
yea it'll be a joke but who cares? id rather join a yolo guild and clear stuff with a nowhere-near optimal raid team

All the pserver folks who want to raid 6 nights a week, have best possible raid comp, 4 bags full of consumes per raid, that's cool with me too. enjoy it

and to all the naysayers, YES it will be easy, raids of 40 druids cleared stuff in vanilla lol

nothing is "hard" about leveling unless you get ganked. Kiting single mobs away from a group is something a 7 year old kid could perform perfectly. every quest can be addoned/googled within seconds.
11/14/2018 12:15 AMPosted by Rizzaki

if classic was easy, they wouldnt be coming over here and demanding for QOL changes, 60 boosts and other modern conveniences. they would actually be demanding for them NOT to be put in the game. because these make vanilla even easier.

its common sense. if people want to fight over a troll post, more power to them. but its ironic that vanilla was so easy but yet they need ALL of these changes and additions, because apparently, they will make vanilla harder....'cough'. that instant level 60, oh yeah- the WORST EVER.
11/14/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Moonblade
11/14/2018 12:15 AMPosted by Rizzaki

if classic was easy, they wouldnt be coming over here and demanding for QOL changes, 60 boosts and other modern conveniences. they would actually be demanding for them NOT to be put in the game. because these make vanilla even easier.

its common sense. if people want to fight over a troll post, more power to them. but its ironic that vanilla was so easy but yet they need ALL of these changes and additions, because apparently, they will make vanilla harder....'cough'. that instant level 60, oh yeah- the WORST EVER.

You have to admit, MC and the earlier instances should be buffed to adjust for the changes made in the past patches pre 1.11
11/13/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Matcauthon
11/13/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Hopera
I'm not big on gameplay changes, really I'm not but...

The game is just too easy for today's standards. I really think some of these raids and instances need a serious increase in difficulty. MC is a joke, most of the tier sets are unbalanced,

and a lot of seasoned players agree but fear the toxic Classic community to speak up on this issue.

Except dungeons in vanilla will be harder then what most live players ever experience.

And leveling will be a significant change for them all around.

I had 2 characters at 60 on Kronos, and classic dungeons are absolutely not harder than any M+ key above like +5.

Longer =/= harder. The average trash pack in BFA has more mechanics than a Vanilla boss.
11/14/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Molmor

Except dungeons in vanilla will be harder then what most live players ever experience.

I had 2 characters at 60 on Kronos, and classic dungeons are absolutely not harder than any M+ key above like +5.

Longer =/= harder. The average trash pack in BFA has more mechanics than a Vanilla boss.

THANK YOU.
Talking like mechanics are the only things to make anything hard.

Once again, this was discussed at length in other threads. Mythic plus is the only thing retail has going for it because there is literally no difficulty ceiling and random affixes that changes the dungeon dynamic routinely.
11/14/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Melaned

As much as I like Vanilla, making things take longer is a very artificial way of making things "hard."

11/14/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Fateweaver

Once again, this was discussed at length in other threads. Mythic plus is the only thing retail has going for it because there is literally no difficulty ceiling and random affixes that changes the dungeon dynamic routinely.

Nah. Modern raids are harder too. Heroic/mythic Uldir is leagues harder than any non-Naxx Vanilla raid (I presume, I didn't do Naxx). This is of course speaking at appropriate item level. Maybe it was harder in 2006 because of !@#$ty computers, worse players, and no DBM or whatever, but Vanilla server raids will be faceroll if people's IQ isn't in the single digits.
These raid strategies have been well known and out for 10 years. This is not really debatable... The raids need a bit of a tweak if I say so myself.

At least some mechanic changes to make it fresh again.
I don't know how BfA is, but Legion's M+ was very messy.

The difficulty was all over the place between different dungeons, some bosses were overloaded with mechanics and visual bloat while others were tank and spank. The affixes made certain trash packs harder than bosses, and again, made the difficulty vary wildly.

It was also heavily reliant on gear and brute forcing for those overtuned trash packs on bad affix weeks, turning into a hectic exercise of everybody blowing cooldowns and CCs, and healers having a heart attack every second because HP bars went from 100% to 90% instantly. The need to rush only made it all much more chaotic.

The only tactical aspect was marking and CCing pulls, something you do in vanilla starting from Deadmines. The way I saw it, damage numbers often became ridiculously high and there was an over abundance of AoEs plus ground effects. It was also often better to just AoE down the packs because almost every class had powerful AoEs, and area CC as well.

They just didn't feel right, or fun, the pacing, the visual chaos, the randomness of it all. I found doing places like UBRS/LBRS/DM in vanilla (without overgearing those) much more fun, challenging, and the pacing also felt good, giving you time to plan the pulls and discuss strats.

Although, the class design is also at fault, mashing buttons like a madman with no regard for resources or threat was both boring and tiresome.
11/14/2018 01:25 AMPosted by Molmor
11/14/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Melaned

As much as I like Vanilla, making things take longer is a very artificial way of making things "hard."

11/14/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Fateweaver

Nah. Modern raids are harder too. Heroic/mythic Uldir is leagues harder than any non-Naxx Vanilla raid (I presume, I didn't do Naxx). This is of course speaking at appropriate item level. Maybe it was harder in 2006 because of !@#$ty computers, worse players, and no DBM or whatever, but Vanilla server raids will be faceroll if people's IQ isn't in the single digits.

Vanilla raids were not made hard simply by knowing the dance / floor circles like a lot of modern raid mechanics are. The whole path to making a successful raid is miles harder, then just add the fact stuff hits way harder and there are far less get out of jail tickets.

There are so many more logistical challenges to vanilla raiding. Individual skill will sometimes take a backseat in Vanilla raiding which will probably drive a lot of people insane because they will feel like they -should- be at the cutting edge but they just can't get there.
LOL
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769699819
Epic. Timewalk BC instances in current and wrecked.

LOLOL HOLY DANG.. Reading that thread is hilarious!
11/14/2018 02:19 AMPosted by Melaned
LOL

?
aka it isn't all mechanics.
That thread is just hilarious because it somewhat relates. They having issues because they are not used to it all and BAM. In other words yes Vanilla was difficult it just didnt rely on mechanics in the same way. And the TW BC thread just showing how different things were.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I Said Most. Most players don't raid heroic or above. Most players don't do m+ dungeons.

Your average live player is going to find vanilla harder then what they do now. Want proof? Look at the backlash about Cata dungeons.

Look at the forums anytime an LFR boss actually forced them to do mechanics.

If you had read my posts you would see that I already agreed the top end players would find it easier. Outside of those who actually do mythic + or heroic and above raids though? Nope.
LOL

........ahahahaAHAHAH!!
holds stomach. scaled DOWN to a BC time walking and get wrecked.

if they think thats bad, they havent seen vanilla yet.
11/13/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Hopera
I'm not big on gameplay changes, really I'm not but...

The game is just too easy for today's standards. I really think some of these raids and instances need a serious increase in difficulty. MC is a joke, most of the tier sets are unbalanced,

and a lot of seasoned players agree but fear the toxic Classic community to speak up on this issue.

High keyed mythic dungeons are harder than anything vanilla every had to offer. Actually most heroic dungeons from BC on are harder than any dungeons vanilla ever had to offer.....

Vanilla might have had worse gearing options which meant most people never outgeared dungeons but that doesn't mean they were harder in the intended gear.

Your average live player is going to find vanilla harder then what they do now. Want proof? Look at the backlash about Cata dungeons.

That wasn't an issue with the dungeons per say it was an issue with the LFD tool forming groups that simply sucked for the dungeons, hey let's design dungeons around 2-3 CC and then form groups with no CC. Wait why are people complaining?

Look at the forums anytime an LFR boss actually forced them to do mechanics.

And yet I see LFR bosses with mechanics that are far more complicated than anything in vanilla including most raids bosses that LFR groups are able to handle within no more than several wipes.
11/14/2018 02:46 AMPosted by Moonblade
LOL

........ahahahaAHAHAH!!

"DID we all forget to CC stuff Traping, Sheeping, Fearing..................."
"They feel like mythic+4's on fortified"
"My god, I died 5 times"
LOLOL

I swear if someone tries to use fear as CC and it pulls the entire room and someone talks about that in that thread ima die laughing.
11/14/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Melaned
<span class="truncated">...</span>

........ahahahaAHAHAH!!

"DID we all forget to CC stuff Traping, Sheeping, Fearing..................."
"They feel like mythic+4's on fortified"
"My god, I died 5 times"
LOLOL

I swear if someone tries to use fear as CC and it pulls the entire room and someone talks about that in that thread ima die laughing.

LOL!!

i love those replies that are blaming it on scaling lmfao.
yeah- clearly the scaling...lol it cant possibly be BAD players.

and who the hell fears in a dungeon? pvp, sure but in a dungeon? their brain must be a serious peanut.