Classic is too easy for 2019 playerbase

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 12 Next
11/13/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Matcauthon

Except dungeons in vanilla will be harder then what most live players ever experience.

And leveling will be a significant change for them all around.

High keyed mythic dungeons are harder than anything vanilla every had to offer. Actually most heroic dungeons from BC on are harder than any dungeons vanilla ever had to offer.....

Vanilla might have had worse gearing options which meant most people never outgeared dungeons but that doesn't mean they were harder in the intended gear.

Your average live player is going to find vanilla harder then what they do now. Want proof? Look at the backlash about Cata dungeons.

That wasn't an issue with the dungeons per say it was an issue with the LFD tool forming groups that simply sucked for the dungeons, hey let's design dungeons around 2-3 CC and then form groups with no CC. Wait why are people complaining?

Look at the forums anytime an LFR boss actually forced them to do mechanics.

And yet I see LFR bosses with mechanics that are far more complicated than anything in vanilla including most raids bosses that LFR groups are able to handle within no more than several wipes.

By the time lfd was around Everyone had some type of cc.
And really? LFR bosses with more mechanics then vanilla bosses? That's odd be cause most LFR people completely ignore mechanics. With the exception of a small few bosses you can't ignore them. Then you got 1 mechanic to do. And they rage on the forums about it.
After reading that TW thread in GD with them all consoling themselves that those dungeons are just not scaled right and they are all still edge lords I have to laugh at this claim.

That first dungeon run in classic is going to break them.
Yes, trash mobs are dangerous and cause most of a team's wipe.
11/14/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Natiari
11/13/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Matcauthon
And the reverse has never happened with retail players telling classic fans to shut up, wall of no, you think you do but you don't, etc.
And this didn't go on for 10 years. Oh wait.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and here I thought that the Classic community was supposedly full of better people. Apparently not.

Ah that's funny. So now you're going to completely excuse them for their actions with the "two wrongs don't make a right " crap. And this is why you guys are hilarious. And then say we're supposed to be better. No matter what we lose.

11/14/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Natiari
11/14/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Hazzay
If the retail snowflacommunity wanted to avoid negative responses they wouldn't invade and derail an entire forum by continually posting attempts at swaying blizzard into ruining classic the same way they carried on like porkchops over the years for qol changes that ruined the game the first time around.

People don't take too kindly to being burned twice.

[citation needed]

There is no proof that retail players are trolling here. Until there is, your claim is irrelevant.

When they ask for stuff like flying it's obvious they are trolling. Or LFR.
11/14/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Natiari
11/14/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Hazzay
If the retail snowflacommunity wanted to avoid negative responses they wouldn't invade and derail an entire forum by continually posting attempts at swaying blizzard into ruining classic the same way they carried on like porkchops over the years for qol changes that ruined the game the first time around.

People don't take too kindly to being burned twice.

[citation needed]

There is no proof that retail players are trolling here. Until there is, your claim is irrelevant.

This alt of yours is one big concern troll gimmick. How many of your (currently) 74 posts have you made that are not a version of "classic community is toxic"?

Post on your actual BFA account and not a throwaway trial one so we can see just how non-toxic you yourself are.
You sound like a guy that will wipe in Goldshire and quit out of frustration.

You no take candle.
11/13/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Hopera
I'm not big on gameplay changes, really I'm not but...

The game is just too easy for today's standards. I really think some of these raids and instances need a serious increase in difficulty. MC is a joke, most of the tier sets are unbalanced,

and a lot of seasoned players agree but fear the toxic Classic community to speak up on this issue.

That's not what I saw on the demo
End game pve content is in short supply, super grindy to get into and extremely lacking in mechanical challenge, if you dont like that classic aint for you.
I started playing right after vanilla ended(BC). I played the Demo and it was nothing like BC. The Demo it was slow but fun. It had a lot of bugs I think?
11/13/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Emt
LOLOL. Yeah wait til a (any class) runs into a group of murlocs. Too funny. Or better yet someone tries to enter a zone several leveles higher than themselves. Yeah, the people who grew up with wraith and beyond are in for a sticker shock. Food and drink does not get tossed.......ever.

Murlocs are no problem when you are watching several groups waiting for them to respawn and you are desperate to tag them as soon as they spawn.

3k cap is a must! Or sharding...
If MC never existed and it came out today with the mobs doing as much a damage as they did in vanilla, retailers would still take a few weeks to get through the whole thing successfully
11/14/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Gnarlybolt
If MC never existed and it came out today with the mobs doing as much a damage as they did in vanilla, retailers would still take a few weeks to get through the whole thing successfully

Lemme go ahead and press X to doubt, lol.
11/14/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Gnarlybolt

Only 5% of the player base on ND is level 60 and that's after 5 months.

Yet retailers, who haven't played vanilla in 14+ years, will get to 60 in "a few weeks" ?
11/14/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Brockthorn
After reading that TW thread in GD with them all consoling themselves that those dungeons are just not scaled right and they are all still edge lords I have to laugh at this claim.

That first dungeon run in classic is going to break them.
Yes, trash mobs are dangerous and cause most of a team's wipe.

Especially when indulging in typical retail AoE it all without paying any attention to what the mobs do.

I loved the one guy complaining about the BT trash being harder than the bosses...

I be like "dude, we lived it, and that is 100% accurate".. For the nostalgia (and also the supporting evidence)...

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/So_you%27re_off_to_BT/Hyjal_(A_Guide_for_bads)
I remember guilds in BC trying to go back and do BWL with their guild as their guild had never cleared it...and they still couldn't lol
Remember the level 100 MC event.
"Gonna be faceroll easy" turned into "Blizz do something. None of the pug groups can complete it".
I love how the naysayers act like Vanilla players were somehow mindless morons who couldn't use email, never used a computer later than a Commodore 64, couldn't use search engines and never had played MMORPGs before.

"We didn't know what we were doing back then!"

Complete BS. Most of us had played much more difficult games like Asherons Call, Dark Age of Camelot, EverQuest, etc.

Online gaming or RPGs weren't new to the vast majority of early Vanilla players. Quit acting like Vanilla players were clueless idiots. It's ridiculous.
11/14/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Savax
I love how the naysayers act like Vanilla players were somehow mindless morons who couldn't use email, never used a computer later than a Commodore 64, couldn't use search engines and never had played MMORPGs before.

"We didn't know what we were doing back then!"

Complete BS. Most of us had played much more difficult games like Asherons Call, Dark Age of Camelot, EverQuest, etc.

Online gaming or RPGs weren't new to the vast majority of early Vanilla players. Quit acting like Vanilla players were clueless idiots. It's ridiculous.

I like this and it's true. Many Vanilla players did know how to play and this content has been out for many many years. It needs a slight update. I'm sorry but this is a welcome change.

It's not like we're asking for pet battles and LFR.
I feel like a lot of the people saying its too easy will be the people getting wrecked by pulling too much or complaining they don't know where to go because their reading comprehension sucks.
If, true, perhaps those players (who are already paying for subs) are not the target audience. I'm interested in Classic not because I believe it will be more difficult, but because it will be different in ways that I enjoyed in Vanilla. It's really no skin off my nose if others feel that the content wouldn't challenge them. Not all content is for every player.

I agree that the Classic community can get acerbic, but you need to keep in mind that you're asking for the content that they've been fighting for be turned into something different in order to accommodate you.
11/13/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Hopera
I'm not big on gameplay changes, really I'm not but...

The game is just too easy for today's standards. I really think some of these raids and instances need a serious increase in difficulty. MC is a joke, most of the tier sets are unbalanced,

and a lot of seasoned players agree but fear the toxic Classic community to speak up on this issue.

There's more to the game than just top-tier endgame content.