The Next Time You Say

General Discussion
Update for the forums within some hours. Don't bother posting it if you can't keep your word. It just ruins the hype..like a certain game.
Second half of November, folks.
My issue is that they can post an article and give details like when and how, but they can't even replace said article with a quick "Sorry, it's been delayed until ____" or post a sticky saying as such, even though they took the time to remove said article?

Hello, is anyone there?

Edit: for the record, the fact they canceled isn't my issue. Stuff happens and even after someone posts an announcement stating the plan sometimes there's a wrench thrown in, but seriously it took me about a minute or two to write this post and they didn't even need to do that much.
I get technical snafu's happen. But a note that says "Sorry, a thing happened, this has been delayed." would be better than just silence.

Blizzard, you said you understand you need better communication.

This is why I say "Words mean nothing, actions mean EVERYTHING."
11/14/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Talestra
I get technical snafu's happen. But a note that says "Sorry, a thing happened, this has been delayed." would be better than just silence.

Blizzard, you said you understand you need better communication.

This is why I say "Words mean nothing, actions mean EVERYTHING."

The funny thing is that it isn't even a scary trap issue like "when will we know more about flying?" Or whatever. Just a simple "whups, the pizza delivery guy spilled a drink on the new server console so we had to delay". Would have been a great opportunity for them to have an easy slam dunk in the communication department.
11/14/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Kirela
My issue is that they can post an article and give details like when and how, but they can't even replace said article with a quick "Sorry, it's been delayed until ____" or post a sticky saying as such, even though they took the time to remove said article?

Hello, is anyone there?

Edit: for the record, the fact they canceled isn't my issue. Stuff happens and even after someone posts an announcement stating the plan sometimes there's a wrench thrown in, but seriously it took me about a minute or two to write this post and they didn't even need to do that much.

Yeah I think we all found it really confusing!

Did someone push the article the wrong week? Was it part of an auto post script maybe that someone for got to change? Were there technical issues with migrating the 2 weeks of forum threads? (something they did not do for OW or HotS).

It would have been a great time to just post something saying "While the forum migration is not actually happening this week, it will be in (time frame). We will post here on GD with the details closer to the event. Here are some changes you can expect [list]. In the mean time you can check out the new features by visiting the OW or HotS forums"

I don't think that would have upset anyone. We have known since early spring that this was coming so it is not a secret.

Hello, is anyone there?

They talk about improving communication but can’t even give an update on the state of the forums.
11/14/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Brutalistica
Update for the forums within some hours. Don't bother posting it if you can't keep your word. It just ruins the hype..like a certain game.
8-/
God. My wife says Im whiny.
If the game servers havent crashed, its been a good day.
I'm fine with a Blizzard that is back to launching things When They're Ready.

And I don't mind if they give me information about estimated dates that then change. This is not something they should be discouraged from -- they've already gotten plenty of that, which is why they're often as vague as they are.

But yeah, if you've bothered to give a specific date, and then miss it, many people would feel compelled to give an update in that case. Not that it's going to wreck my day or anything.
11/14/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Mirasol

Hello, is anyone there?

Did someone push the article the wrong week? Was it part of an auto post script maybe that someone for got to change? Were there technical issues with migrating the 2 weeks of forum threads? (something they did not do for OW or HotS).

It would have been a great time to just post something saying "While the forum migration is not actually happening this week, it will be in (time frame). We will post here on GD with the details closer to the event. Here are some changes you can expect [list]. In the mean time you can check out the new features by visiting the OW or HotS forums"

I don't think that would have upset anyone. We have known since early spring that this was coming so it is not a secret.

"I know there are a ton of questions and concerns that feel unanswered right now, and a need for much more robust communication on our end. I am accountable for everything that goes into WoW, so that should begin with me." -Ion

Pssst, Blizz. When a green is telling you that your lack of communication is confusing, it makes quotes like these... well, really really bad.

Words mean nothing, actions mean everything. You are failing at the actions part of your words Blizz.
There are rumors going about you will need a phone to use the updated forums.
Pssst, Blizz. When a green is telling you that you lack of communication is confusing, it makes quotes like these... well.

We tell them that all. the. time.

Our CMs know it as well, but very often they are not allowed to comment on things outside of neutral/inconsequential stuff, until they have approvals.

I keep hoping for improvement, but we shall see what they do. By "they" I mean the management in charge of overall communications, not our CMs.
11/14/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Shadøw
There are rumors going about you will need a phone to use the updated forums.

Sounds about right. Mobile marketing at your service.

11/14/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Jatari

That's debatable because what if Burger King is sold out of Peace Ice Tea that day. The good day is slightly cut in half.

Hello, is anyone there?

I've learned more from the MVPS on forum migration than I did from Blizzard. Thank you guys for keeping us updated as possible on it. I would buy you cookies irl. I bake great Oreos.
I saw your post about the CMS it does prove what Ive thought, they don't post in some threads just because their hands are tied. I know they do what they can, and I appreciate them too. They get double stuff Oreos.

Hello, is anyone there?

Well back to posting stuff from april saying.. guys! the new forums are coming! that's why they aren't fixing anything!.

But i agree with the others the MvPs have been providing all the info on this. I would figure getting a new forums the Cms would i dunno communicate on what to expect?
11/14/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Jatari

That is like saying you got your burger from Wendy's. Then when you bite into it, it is still uncooked. Saying your whiny about something that should have already been done, based on what they have already said, is a problem. It is fine to complain about a lack of communication and failure to meet quota. A company should be able to meet their quotas or explain to their customers why they did not reach it in time.
I don’t know but maybe as soon as they knew it wasn’t happening on time a message could’ve been upchanneled to the managers with problems, fixes and estimated uptime. Then this information could’ve been coordinated through their public affairs section and sent back down to post to us masses.
11/14/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Mirasol
Pssst, Blizz. When a green is telling you that you lack of communication is confusing, it makes quotes like these... well.

I keep hoping for improvement, but we shall see what they do. By "they" I mean the management in charge of overall communications, not our CMs.

I don't blame the CM's, I know their hands are often tied.

I think management has clearly shown what they will do.

Nothing. Stone cold silent nothing.

They had a full work day where they could have said something, anything. It was a safe topic, I bet they could have said they didn't have a new ETA yet and most would have been like "ok, thanks for the update!" Instead, they chose silence when they know they need better communication.

Blizz, management. When you straight up say you know you need to improve on your communications, then you act in a manner completely contradictory to what you say you need to improve on, then it leads to distrust of what you say.