8.1 - Tides of More Crap For Night Elves

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
8.1 is the definition of a bandaid. All Night Elves get here is... well, developers pretending they care while putting more effort into giving stuff to their precious Horde/Forsaken than actually giving anything meaningful to Night Elves. We can say that all Night Elves get is: cheap black/blue eyes, some updated mounts and a couple weapons.

But let's see what we have here:

Tyrande seems to have finally woken up from her mindless state and called Anduin on his rubbish. Not as much as he deserved for being nothing more than a teenager playing adult, ruining the entire faction, but something is better than nothing. Damn shame it was only too late. Funny how she only acts herself when the Horde won't be hurt, after Night Elves have been exterminated and Blizzard's precious humans retain all the power, huh?

And she becomes a Night Warrior... A nice concept that means something in the lore. Again, shame devs ruined it. That's the "victory" Tyrande and Night Elves get... one dead Val'kyr. Remember how that Gilnean undead guy simply shot Sylvanas in the head once, she dropped dead and lost 3 Val'kyrs? But no no no... Night Elves need to become the embodiment of their goddess' fury in order to kill little Nathanos, an undead human who became a... ranger, only so he can be ressurected, and one Val'kyr goes down, and that's it. Guess I'm not the only one seeing the massive amount of Horde plot armor here?

What a lovely plot is this whole patch. Extinction isn't enough. Reduced to human sidekicks isn't enough. The Horde just happens to be able to show up and start raising undead as well. It's like having a spoiled brat designing the story, who just can't have enough. We lose Sira and Delaryn. Have Warden's show up just to be portrayed as incompetent when compared to a human undead ranger. Then, have them become Horde and betray everything they stood for. How. Freaking. Nice.

To put it in a simple way, the horse has been dead for years but devs keep dropping nukes on top it...

- - -

And we get all of this for what? Just so Night Elves can be stuck in a loop of losing and winning with those stupid Warfronts? Yea, what a victory to never actually win. Funny how the Burning of Teldrassil never allowed the Night Elves to fight back and win sometimes, huh? Nope, just one massive loss followed by a worthless "victory" at Siege of Undercity, because the Horde only lose cities if they want to, and the Alliance has to lose their whole army in the process.

This reminds me of these San'lyan. Basically, developers come up with meaningless punching bags so the actual Horde doesn't get harmed in the process of giving Night Elves a "victory". This "victory" is simply more Forsaken aggression against Night Elves free of any actual payback.

Also, interesting how so many undead somehow betray everything they cared in life and ALWAYS go straight for "crazy Sylvanas loyalist". When they don't, they never pose any threat to Ian's waifu for some reason... And funny how Night Elf DKs had no issues spitting in the face of the Lich King, but they can't resist Sylvanas for some reason...

Must be the waifu magic.

- - -

TL;DR - The 8.1 plot for Night Elves is a joke. Punches in the guts disguised as victory. Yet another episode of "devs are too biased to give the Alliance actual victories". With a side of "how many Night Elf players are going to be dumb enough to think this is a victory when we're spitting in their faces?"

So, thanks, Ian and The Horde Troupe of Devs™. Even when devs try to do something good for Night Elves, they can't help but only pretend they care. Devs bring them near extinction, leech on their lore to handle it to the Horde, contradicting it just to get where devs want, but they can't even give Night Elves a proper victory. Not one freaking victory. Nope. They got to spoil it. They got to sabotage it, all because they're way too busy trying to protect their precious Horde from any actual harm.

P.S.: Drink everytime you read the word "funny".
When does Siege of Orgrimmar 2: The Resiegening start anyways?
Opsie, forgot to talk about the armor and weapons:

So, 14 years without one bloody Night Elf armor and what do they make? Trash. These Warfront set do not look Night Elven. Where's the Warden armor? Where's the Huntress armor? Where's the Archer gear? These guys made the most generic sets I've ever seen. Slapped purple on it, some moon thingy here and there, and called a day. For some reason they think Night Elf armor has to have gold and blue in it. (Apparently, that's because developers couldn't control themselves and had to slap their precious human colors in there.)

Here's a link:
https://www.wowhead.com/news=287363/patch-8-1-ptr-battle-for-darkshore-night-elf-warfronts-armor-leather-mail-plate

The weapons look good, but that glaive better be an axe or it'd be extremely stupid. It's the most common weapon for any Night Elf but most of them won't be able to use it if it's a warglaive. Great design, huh? Btw, it should be moggable as both 2H and 1H, so fury warriors don't get the shaft.
Blizzard only care about the Horde, what did u expect?
Taking things too seriously or taking things too personally? Take your pick.
10/05/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Pottaz
Good lord Night elf players cry a lot
Considering what a huge portion of the player base they are, my anonymous faceless little friend, I would say they are entitled to some complaint.
10/05/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Nazjira
Even when devs try to do something good for Night Elves, they can't help but only pretend they care.

Here is where people are going off track.

I never once thought Blizz was going to try and do something good for or pretend to care about NE's in 8.1. As soon as you see a NE pop in story content you better believe they are about to be s&*t all over.

As much of a disappointment the overall story of BFA is the NE portrayals at least remain the utter disgrace they usually are.
8.1 is the definition of a bandaid. All Night Elves get here is... well, developers pretending they care while putting more effort into giving stuff to their precious Horde/Forsaken than actually giving anything meaningful to Night Elves. We can say that all Night Elves get is: cheap black/blue eyes, some updated mounts and a couple weapons.
Don't worry OP, the devs may like horde better but I sure think you're precious.
Wait so are they Horde biased or human biased?

Also how many more Valkyr does Sylvanas have left? Anybody counting? It's actually kind of funny how we can count down how many stacks of plot armor she has until it matters. I know that it's going to take more than 3 to bring her back again because that angel waifu tax goes up with each rez.
10/05/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Nazjira
So, 14 years without one bloody Night Elf armor and what do they make? Trash. These Warfront set do not look Night Elven. Where's the Warden armor? Where's the Huntress armor? Where's the Archer gear? These guys made the most generic sets I've ever seen. Slapped purple on it, some moon thingy here and there, and called a day. For some reason they think Night Elf armor has to have gold and blue in it. (Apparently, that's because developers couldn't control themselves and had to slap their precious human colors in there.)
Lol they literally have a set in game that everyone has wanted and they gave us this? How....how do you f*** that up? Like really? I would love an answer or a link that tells me medically what's wrong with a person when the answer they need is right in front of their face and they go off and do everything but that. I'm pretty sure the word I'm looking for is just flat out incompetent.
If this is how night elves feel, I'm glad the tree burned.

Character customization, warfront centered around the remains of their homeland, their racial leaders actually having lengthy conversations.

Of course we could go back to the previous greatest hits: "Tyrandaaaa" "My love" "After ten thousands years". It's fun to think about how the night elves have had the same prominent leaders and story going back throughout history since their introduction in WC3. It's cool not having them randomly killed by demon who can't be named because he had no name. Malfurion didn't even die, despite being captured and subjected to the emerald nightmare and then because of honorable mercy...

It's a band-aide? It's a bloody continuation of the story of which night elves are featured prominently, you get to play hero in it and haven't been served up with a big fat blank of "so who was my racial leader for the past 3 years"

But let's see what we have here:

Tyrande seems to have finally woken up from her mindless state and called Anduin on his rubbish. Not as much as he deserved for being nothing more than a teenager playing adult, ruining the entire faction, but something is better than nothing. Damn shame it was only too late. Funny how she only acts herself when the Horde won't be hurt, after Night Elves have been exterminated and Blizzard's precious humans retain all the power, huh?

And she becomes a Night Warrior... A nice concept that means something in the lore. Again, shame devs ruined it. That's the "victory" Tyrande and Night Elves get... one dead Val'kyr. Remember how that Gilnean undead guy simply shot Sylvanas in the head once, she dropped dead and lost 3 Val'kyrs? But no no no... Night Elves need to become the embodiment of their goddess' fury in order to kill little Nathanos, an undead human who became a... ranger, only so he can be ressurected, and one Val'kyr goes down, and that's it. Guess I'm not the only one seeing the massive amount of Horde plot armor here?

What a lovely plot is this whole patch. Extinction isn't enough. Reduced to human sidekicks isn't enough. The Horde just happens to be able to show up and start raising undead as well. It's like having a spoiled brat designing the story, who just can't have enough. We lose Sira and Delaryn. Have Warden's show up just to be portrayed as incompetent when compared to a human undead ranger. Then, have them become Horde and betray everything they stood for. How. Freaking. Nice.

To put it in a simple way, the horse has been dead for years but devs keep dropping nukes on top it...

- - -

And we get all of this for what? Just so Night Elves can be stuck in a loop of losing and winning with those stupid Warfronts? Yea, what a victory to never actually win. Funny how the Burning of Teldrassil never allowed the Night Elves to fight back and win sometimes, huh? Nope, just one massive loss followed by a worthless "victory" at Siege of Undercity, because the Horde only lose cities if they want to, and the Alliance has to lose their whole army in the process.

This reminds me of these San'lyan. Basically, developers come up with meaningless punching bags so the actual Horde doesn't get harmed in the process of giving Night Elves a "victory". This "victory" is simply more Forsaken aggression against Night Elves free of any actual payback.

Also, interesting how so many undead somehow betray everything they cared in life and ALWAYS go straight for "crazy Sylvanas loyalist". When they don't, they never pose any threat to Ian's waifu for some reason... And funny how Night Elf DKs had no issues spitting in the face of the Lich King, but they can't resist Sylvanas for some reason...

Must be the waifu magic.

- - -

TL;DR - The 8.1 plot for Night Elves is a joke. Punches in the guts disguised as victory. Yet another episode of "devs are too biased to give the Alliance actual victories". With a side of "how many Night Elf players are going to be dumb enough to think this is a victory when we're spitting in their faces?"

So, thanks, Ian and The Horde Troupe of Devs™. Even when devs try to do something good for Night Elves, they can't help but only pretend they care. Devs bring them near extinction, leech on their lore to handle it to the Horde, contradicting it just to get where devs want, but they can't even give Night Elves a proper victory. Not one freaking victory. Nope. They got to spoil it. They got to sabotage it, all because they're way too busy trying to protect their precious Horde from any actual harm.

P.S.: Drink everytime you read the word "funny".

Great post, and I agree 111%.
The devs' (and writers') absurd Horde bias is a phenomenon worthy of research. What's sure is that routinely spitting, year after year, on the faces of half the paying customers is something unique in the world, and in the history of business.
There is only one way of responding to this.
Are we pretending that Nathanos is just some run of the mill undead dude with a bow and not a member of the Farstriders, the only ever human Ranger Lord, a tactical genius, and when in his decayed state was still able to lure and kill countless Alliance heroes and High Elven Rangers?

Because, ya know, Nathanos isn't just some schlub with a fancier undead body.
At least you're getting a story, our high elves have had no meaningful development since BC. I forgot blood elves even had a leader until I saw him in siege.
You just had a whole night elf focused expac with illidan and you're still bawling like a child lol
But no no no... Night Elves need to become the embodiment of their goddess' fury in order to kill little Nathanos, an undead human who became a... ranger, only so he can be ressurected, and one Val'kyr goes down, and that's it.

That's not what happens. Wowhead have the whole questline uploaded to watch. She drops that full moon spell direct on the val'kyr and kills it outright. Not Nathanos.
You may not know this, but I like Nelfs. I really do. Until, however, they have Night Elf dead stacked like cordwood like the Draenei were on Draenor and practically extinct in Outland (with a highway made of their bones, no less), you can't really claim you're the worst off.

It seems you guys could learn to be a little more stoic and complain a little less like the Draenei players do.