Any new 120 have any motivation to do WQ?

General Discussion
If its a main or an alt, i just hit 120 on this alt and there are upgraded gear pieces scattered around the zones, without flying i just don't feel like doing them, content suppose to be fun but no matter how many new 120s i have i just cant be stuffed doing WQ on any of them

Like i see a piece and go ooh nice upgrade, then i realise i have to use my faction boat to go to the other continent then the WQ is so far away from a flight master i'm just like nope too much of a drag

On the plus side, i got Lil'Donkey mount from arathi ^_^
It depends on what I plan on doing with the alt. If I plan on maintaining it, I buy some CoA contracts and that becomes my motivation since the account wide neck upgrades don't seem like they're coming before 8.1.

If I'm just using them for professions, though? I'll go do relevant profession WQs then park them next to a mailbox.
I leveled this toon from 20 so i can unlock mag har orcs, but frost mages so weak in pve, it was a slog getting to 120, now new slog of rep grinding honorbound
I find gearing fun. Got my pally up to 320 fast with timewalking and hoping for a 1h and shield drop from the warfronts.
10/06/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Eret
I find gearing fun. Got my pally up to 320 fast with timewalking and hoping for a 1h and shield drop from the warfronts.

anything but WQ could be fun if you look at it differently, sadly WQ can never be fun, only tollerable when you have flying...but now with no flying, its such a slogfest
Wqs are boring af and unrewarding.

I do them for pet charms and rep and that’s about it.

They are often too much of a pain to get to and there’s isnt enough incentive.

I miss bodyguards and wqs that gave more than a paltry pittance of rep.

Blizzard took a fairly boring but decently rewarding system from legion and made it even more boring.
As long as I've got time, of course. I'm not about to leave free things sitting around that I could just go collect.
10/06/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Elsamedra
there are upgraded gear pieces scattered around the zones, without flying i just don't feel like doing them

I look at the map and think "damn... that's far, I don't feel like slogging it all the way there on a ground mount."

But then I do it. And once I'm at the WQ I realize it took like 90 seconds to get to that "omg so far away" point.

There is a WQ tucked way back in that Razorfen Kraul-type area that... it's not the DISTANCE that I never both with it, it's the mob density. It's just too much work to get back in there to ever bother with it.

But pure DISTANCE??? It's 90% a psychological barrier. None of them are really THAT far.
If its a main or an alt, i just hit 120 on this alt and there are upgraded gear pieces scattered around the zones, without flying i just don't feel like doing them, content suppose to be fun but no matter how many new 120s i have i just cant be stuffed doing WQ on any of them

Like i see a piece and go ooh nice upgrade, then i realise i have to use my faction boat to go to the other continent then the WQ is so far away from a flight master i'm just like nope too much of a drag

On 2 of my 4 alts I'm questing/finishing up and doing WQ as I run across them. 1 I play solo the other with a friend. I also try to hit up WQ that give upgrades but at this point in time there aren't any for these 2 alts. My other 2 alts only do WQ or Emissary for upgrades but really only 1 has a chance of getting anything at this point, otherwise they hang out at the mission table.
Only for rep and that’s just about in the bag, except for the turtles...Everyone loves those turtles.

If the gear is a trinket or ring with a high enough base, I’ll consider it but usually no.

It's basically why my sub runs out in 10 days. Very boring and many of the new races are deeply locked behind a WQ grind. Unfun gameplay.
We play this game on our internet enabled computers, why are you just staring at your screen in between travel points?

Alt+tab

doing something else for a minute
10/06/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Brocknor
there are upgraded gear pieces scattered around the zones, without flying i just don't feel like doing them

I look at the map and think "damn... that's far, I don't feel like slogging it all the way there on a ground mount."

But then I do it. And once I'm at the WQ I realize it took like 90 seconds to get to that "omg so far away" point.

There is a WQ tucked way back in that Razorfen Kraul-type area that... it's not the DISTANCE that I never both with it, it's the mob density. It's just too much work to get back in there to ever bother with it.

But pure DISTANCE??? It's 90% a psychological barrier. None of them are really THAT far.

tbh that is more of what i think. I don't mind slogging across Voldun on an alt without the fps unlocked. But zandalar? the land of switch backs and levels? no thanks.
I could tolerate wq more if I could fly to them.
10/06/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Àncrath

Shame we have to wait so long for flying
10/06/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Elsamedra
10/06/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Àncrath

Shame we have to wait so long for flying

Choose your Loa well and you have it now in Zuldazar :)

Only half joking - since you essentially have flying over most of the zone now with Pa'ku and gliders, maybe just WQ in Zuldazar for a while if you're burned out? It's super easy to get around once you learn the zen of Pa'ku shrines.

One of the Horde FPs in Stormsong Valley is also on a hill that lets you glide to most of the zone, and another FP covers the rest of the zone.

It's not quite as fast as flying but it is much faster than FPs plus running.
Yes.
wq rewards and bfa zones are both horrible, so no.
Alt here, and nope. Yesterday I think I logged in and checked all the rest rewards. like 3 "gear" reward quests, were legs. Other gear rewards were lower then what I already had. So I logged off, seemed like a waste of time.
I'm 120 on my main and she is very busy doing WQ's for rep. One, I hope to be able to roll a Kul'Tiran, and two I want a couple of the horses. And kind of three... I want to get exalted with the factions. I don't usually bother, but want to do that on this expac. So, that's quite a lot of WQ's. lol

I have an alt that I'm seriously working on right now, she is a Rogue and hit 116. Will probably do WQ's for a bit higher gear once she dings 120, especially since I don't do dungeons or raids.

Same with this alt, Liari. Once I get her to 120, it will be WQ's for gear upgrades. And basically the same for my other alts. Just WQ's for gear then that's it unless something else comes along.

I'll probably go back to leveling up my Velf Warrior and LF Draenei Hunter for heritage armor, they are being neglected right now. lol

If I get bored I can go work on rep in Legion. I'm only exalted with Argussian Reach and Army of the Light.