SPOILERS FlipFlopping Writing

General Discussion
You want flip flop well I'll give you flip flop.

<<SPOILERS>>

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287779/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28048-voice-over-spoilers-zekhan-jaina-saurfang-nomi

in Jaina's voice over she is trusting Magister Umbric who is a blood elf exile. This is the same woman who purged the blood elves from Dalaran due to the actions of 1 blood elf in MoP. Yeah.

I would love to see someone explain that to me.
looks like someones started a fight they don't know how to finish.... Death to the living.
My take on the whole Jaina storyline was that, at the end, she had exorcised her personal demons, and her personality was bound to stabilize as a result. If this is the case, then I have no issue if her days as a dreadlord-in-waiting are over.

As an aside, it is adorable how many "Monday Morning Quarterwriters" we have on the general forums, who have the experience and expertise to pick apart every little nuance of a video game's story.
"beware, beware, of me.....but don't beware of me too much cuz I secretly luv u guys!!!<3"
10/09/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Tilra

<<SPOILERS>>

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287779/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28048-voice-over-spoilers-zekhan-jaina-saurfang-nomi

in Jaina's voice over she is trusting Magister Umbric who is a blood elf exile. This is the same woman who purged the blood elves from Dalaran due to the actions of 1 blood elf in MoP. Yeah.

I mean, Umbric was never a Sunreaver; he had nothing to do with the Purge. Not to mention that the Sin'dorei turned their backs on Umbric and the Ren'dorei, so they're not exactly keen on doing anything for Quel'thelas or the Horde. Plus, I'm sure all of the boons the Void Elves have granted the Alliance during the war certainly helped to cement him as not Horde.
10/09/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Nightwoods
-attempts to drown Orgrimmar

She stops and willingly doesn't go through with it.

-slaughters a bunch of Blood Elves in Dalaran

there were like 3 and they all resisted arrest.

-left the Alliance for a whole expansion in a rage because they weren't actively trying to obliterate the Horde

she was fighting demons on her own essentially defending Alliance territories by doing so.

-straight-up hates them for abandoning the Alliance at the Broken Shore

nobody on Alliance side knew why the Horde just up and abandoned them. it is on Sylvanas for not sending word before hand so the Alliance had time to prepare for retreat. They were traitors for leaving them high and dry.

-is pissed off that she killed her father to help the Horde and now they're fighting again

She is pissed because time and time again she has reached out for peace with the Horde and every time the Horde stabbed her in the back and betrayed her. I'd be pissed too.

She is not all for peace and love with the Horde again. She is for the Alliance and won't let her grudge harm the Alliance. Pressing the attack when there is danger and is little else to gain is stupid and only serves to get your men killed.

Look, I hate the writing in BFA too. However, I think the Jaina stuff has actually been one of the few good story elements in this game this expansion.
10/09/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Marlockie
looks like someones started a fight they don't know how to finish.... Death to the living.

You do know that the horde is mostly comprised of the living..right? lol

<<SPOILERS>>

She doesn't hate the entire blood elf race. Her beef was with one political faction, which contained individuals known to have helped Garrosh steal the bell.
Don't forget Blizzard likes to throw in bad data to cover stuff up.

Personally I don't see why Jaina would be lenient with the horde at all right now.
10/09/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Skytotem
Fresh 8.1 Datamine has JAINA being the one who says they shouldn't press the Attack on the Horde after the Zuldazar raid, what is going on?

Let's see here. Jaina:

-left the Alliance for a whole expansion in a rage because they weren't actively trying to obliterate the Horde
-is pissed off that she killed her father to help the Horde and now they're fighting again

...and now, she's the idol of peace and love between the Horde and the Alliance? These writers are trash, man. I write a lot of stories. I'll admit that my writing is sub-par at best, but this is just depressing. If there's one thing I know about character development, a character won't just flip around a deep-seated hatred because "lul the story needs someone vouching for the Hurrrde."

Its almost like she's changed her mind, like a human being would.

You know, those things you're supposed to be trying to write about.
10/09/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Caelîn
Why are you shocked that presently unreleased content is still in a state of revision?

Because people are shocked that presently released content is still in a state of revision?
10/09/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Menard
10/09/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Truko
Just wait for when nathanos gets placed in the raid and he kills all alliance or something.

Is that after he makes out with Sylvanas in a cinematic?

It's going to be like watching your parents make out.....the horrors...

It's double creepy because Nath is just a self insert. Ew.

Crazy huh? and we have Astarii Starseeker somehow dead on a beach in darkshore, completely ignoring the fact she died in the tree.

Sleep brushed Astarii’s mind, feather soft, honey sweet. The pain disappeared. She let out a sigh. All around her, she heard similar sounds.

The fire was relentless. The smoke would kill them, and the flames would devour their flesh and even their bones. Only ash would remain.

We have Delaryn Summermoon and Sira Moonwarden somehow now forsaken besties with the witch lich queen. I give up on any semblance of story.
It's the water. Don't drink the water.

After Theramore, yes. What's wrong with wiping out the enemy that has already shown a willingness to use WMD's?

Canonically did not happen.

Genn did that too. Letting the orcs live is the single dumbest thing ever done in the story of this game.

And?

Well yeah. Dumb, naive girl facilitates her own father's murder for her new friends only for her new friends to end up being monsters.
10/09/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Bretherezen
abused her magic power

Lol
10/09/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Grumbles
I've completely given up on the writing at this point. It wouldn't surprise me if Hogger was the secret leader of the Void Lords but they're actually the good guys for reasons.

Cookie?

Dear God make this a thing!

Void Lord Hogger the true hero we always needed!
10/09/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Skytotem
Fresh 8.1 Datamine has JAINA being the one who says they shouldn't press the Attack on the Horde after the Zuldazar raid, what is going on?

Jaina's a dreadlord. She probably wants to suck the blood out of everyone in Zuldazar and doesn't want to share so she's trying to get them to go away so she can get her feast on.
10/09/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Bretherezen
10/09/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Grandblade
"Dismantle the Horde, but don't be too mean about it."

Says the woman who abused her magic power by floating a ship well off the coast, loading each cannon broadside with condensed magical power and bombarded a city with it.

Using your power to help fight the enemy is not abusing it.