Can't get over 1400 on Disc Priest

Arenas
10/10/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Stealth
Yeah, I don't know guys.

Thanks for all the advice but I just keep getting kicked from 1400 'chill' groups, I can't fix my problems and it seems I never will be able to.

Good luck with your PvP, it seems like it is just not something I can do.

I'll play some games with you. I'm still gearing up toons and I'm about that level. Hmu, Vesh#1474
10/10/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Stealth
The build I use is Castigation, Feather, Solace, Psychic Voice, Contrition, Purge, and Lenience. PvP Talents were Medallion, Trinity, DA, Searing Light.

Against mages I was switching to double Purify, against double melee I would switch to Maso and Barrier.

Thank you for the tips, I will try using shining force against melee from now on.

Edit: I am on Horde but thank you for the offer,Awl.

I run alot of chill groups and i play for fun, I have the opposite isssue you do. Most of my partners leave cause they think they aren't good enough to play with me or get frusterated when we lose and they feel like it's their fault.

You won't get better unless you put yourself in those situations over and over and keep getting boied over and over. No amount of videos or guides will be substitue for just getting shat on over and over again. The key thing is to go in with realistic goals.

IMO winning shouldn't be your goal. set another goal for yourself. If you're having issues dispelling your partners quickly then make it a win condition for you personally to land every dispel within 2 seconds of the CC being applied. Is your awareness bad? Make it a win condition that you must be aware of your opponents position and your team mates at all times without losing track, be aware of who is casting what.

Making these small goals are designed to give you boosts in your self confidence even if you do not get the win. Always think critically about what you could have done, or maybe what your partner could have done for you on a game that you lost.
Come on OP we're tryna help, post on your main it's ok. I'm a trash 1500 rogue but I post on here everyday.
10/10/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Hoverhawk
Come on OP we're tryna help, post on your main it's ok. I'm a trash 1500 rogue but I post on here everyday.

this.

theres no reason to be "ashamed" of your rating.
remember this is a team game, most of the guys who brag about rating were probably carried to their rating tbh, because from my experience in life most successful people are actually quite humble. (look at the powerlifter ed coan for example, best lifter of all time yet hes the nicest, sweetest man with a heart of gold)

me personally im hard stuck at 1400 in all brackets, but im still able to absolutely demolish people in duels and bgs.... so just cuz ur stuck at 1400 doesnt mean thats your skillcap, arenas are a team sport.... you could be the best player in the universe but if your partner is bad you wont make it very far if youre fighting against 2 guys who r coordinated and decently skilled.
Is your main alliance too? If not I will help you out.
10/10/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Broggar

this.

remember this is a team game, most of the guys who brag about rating were probably carried to their rating tbh, because from my experience in life most successful people are actually quite humble. (look at the powerlifter ed coan for example, best lifter of all time yet hes the nicest, sweetest man with a heart of gold)

me personally im hard stuck at 1400 in all brackets, but im still able to absolutely demolish people in duels and bgs.... so just cuz ur stuck at 1400 doesnt mean thats your skillcap, arenas are a team sport.... you could be the best player in the universe but if your partner is bad you wont make it very far if youre fighting against 2 guys who r coordinated and decently skilled.

Well, you’re right about arena being a team game but 1400 is a joke.

You shouldn’t need decent partners to get to past that bracket until at least 1800.
10/10/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Twurt
<span class="truncated">...</span>

this.

You shouldn’t need decent partners to get to past that bracket until at least 1800.

Try healing buddy..its a pain in my gnome a**** im not 1400 on my main but seriously bfa healing is crap load more stressful than legion. actually starting to miss legion.

Try healing buddy..its a pain in my gnome a**** im not 1400 on my main but seriously bfa healing is crap load more stressful than legion. actually starting to miss legion.

I’m 1700 on my rsham with no traits and 1800 on my hpally. I actually enjoy healing in tense moments but that just me.
I know how you feel, I tried playing my priest yesterday and I gave up my heals suck and my teammates damage not the best but I'm not playing with pugs much rather play with people I know. It can also be the fact I have 80k health but still don't like it.
10/10/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Cyttfre
You shouldn't play with your DK friend because DK sucks in PVP right now...

I did not really want to play with people I did not know at that point.

Yesterday, towards the end of the day, I got lucky and found a nice Frost Mage who was helping me out a lot. He was nice enough to add me so he could help me some more, I really appreciate him doing that for me.

The only reason I do not want to post on my main is because it is not my Priest.

I do not want to post from my Priest because I really wish I picked a different name when I made it. '>.>
10/10/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Theoldgods
Is your main alliance too? If not I will help you out.

My main actually is Alliance, it is a Resto Druid. I am not really sure I want to try to play multiple things in PvP atm when I still need to put in effort to learning my Priest.
I'm a 1400 player on DK and it really is the best I am going to do and in my opinion the answer will be the DK in your group honestly. If he is Unholy he has bit of utility, but if the DK is frost then there is 0 pressure and even worse utility. The kits are designed to have multiple things rolling in order to do maximum damage but the problem is pvp doesn't work like that. Couple that with our paperplate armor and our only defensives being 30% dmg reduction on a 3 min CD and AMS in a season that is seeing massive melee/phys dmg comps then you see what happens to a badly designed class for pvp.

Basically there is nothing a DK does that other classes don't do better while also having more controlled burst/potential. The ramp up for DKs is stupidly long in a game that requires the correct moves to be made in seconds.
As a priest you are going to be more dependent on teammates than any other healer. You have 0 mobility, if your friends aren’t peeling you are going to die as soon as your cds are down. I recommend swapping at least one them for a class with spammable cc. I’ve gone back and forth from 1800 mmr to 1400 mmr this season just screwing around in lfg.
10/11/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Elykedaw
As a priest you are going to be more dependent on teammates than any other healer. You have 0 mobility, if your friends aren’t peeling you are going to die as soon as your cds are down. I recommend swapping at least one them for a class with spammable cc. I’ve gone back and forth from 1800 mmr to 1400 mmr this season just screwing around in lfg.

I was playing with a Frost Mage in group finder, we definitely always lived a lot longer with him keeping them off me.
Watch Hydramist stream on twitch. One of the best disc priests and has helped me learn a lot starting out as disc priest with proper UI/macros/keybinds/talents/gear/traits/stats/positioning/strategy
10/11/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Weylyhiliams
Watch Hydramist stream on twitch. One of the best disc priests and has helped me learn a lot starting out as disc priest with proper UI/macros/keybinds/talents/gear/traits/stats/positioning/strategy

I have been watching some of him playing to try to see what talents I should be using vs different comps.