Anduin is as bad as Slyvanas

General Discussion
10/12/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Revannia
But if the Horde can fight in 2 places why can't the Alliance? Blizz just wanted to set NEs up to fail.

I'm sure when all is said and done the baby King Chin will even get to come in and say "I told ya so" just to show how much better his 'human potential' is than two NE leaders with 10's of thousands of years of experience. The whole point of Darkshore is to show how bad the NE's are at anything they attempt to do. Just another example of how much the Blizz dev's hate NE's.
10/12/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Momimfotm
He should've called off the attack on Zuldazar to focus on helping the night elves regain a footing in Kalimdor.

The whole Zuldazar attack is idiotic to begin with. "Hey I know how to put a wedge between the Zandalari and the Horde. Lets attack their city and kill their king." Anyone with even half a brain wouldn't have been attacking their city to begin with if pushing them right into the Horde's arms wasn't their goal.
10/12/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Phelios
From a lore perspective the Alliance should be bringing the same force they did for Gilneas to bare if not even more so to help the Night Elves.

Actually I kind of see his point. Right now the Alliance is better focused upon the threats in Arathi Highlands and Zandalar. I mean what is the point of taking the Undercity if you just allow the Horde to move in right next door again? The Zandalar fleet is a very real threat and securing our alliance with the Kul Tirans is just as important. Once we have completed more important objectives, then we will be in a better position to retake the NE lands.

Remember the Alliance fleet is pretty much in ruins, we no longer have a portal network in Teldrassil. So moving an entire army and keeping them supplied in enemy occupied lands would be very resource intensive. But with the Kul Tiras fleet and the Zandalar fleet at the bottom of the ocean, then it becomes much easier to do.

Now I can totally understand the NEs disagreeing as they are still enraged by the lose of Teldrassil and the sheer deaths caused in it's destruction. But Anduin is correct.
If Maiev lead the Night Elves instead of Tyrande..................?
10/12/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Moonfalls
"Hey I know how to put a wedge between the Zandalari and the Horde. Lets attack their city and kill their king." Anyone with even half a brain wouldn't have been attacking their city to begin with if pushing them right into the Horde's arms wasn't their goal.

Because at this point with what we know in game, there is about a .0000000001% that Zandalari wouldn't join the Horde. I mean the Horde has outpost all over their damn lands, basically occupies their capital and launches military strikes against Kul Tarius from there. They have already joined forces, they just haven't bothered with a grand formal announcement yet.

And the Horde are not fighting upon two fronts, it is basically the Forsaken and the NEs battling it out in Darkshore. So each side has one race doing their own thing, making it even odds.
To be fair to Anduin, I can understand the strategic value of destroying the zandalari fleet before trying to retake Duskwood. I imagine sending troops there by sea would be much harder when the horde actually have a naval presence.
Isn’t the new war front exactly that? Good story telling. I can’t spare anyone... except all the people going... what the?
10/12/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Izhkarl
If Maiev lead the Night Elves instead of Tyrande..................?

We would all be laughing at the stupid things she did instead. Face it, the problem isn't with Tyrande it is with the horrible writing driving the story line.
Just accidentally saw some ptr spoilers on youtube regarding the Night Elvea assault. From a lore perspective the Alliance should be bringing the same force they did for Gilneas to bare if not even more so to help the Night Elves.

Out of all the races the Night elves have always been our firm allied in every single war and battle. Ne presence in tbc sylvanar. Ne presence in Dragonblight. Ne presence all over cata and dealing against chogall. Ne presence in karasangi wild and Lion landing. Ne presence in pushing through into draenor. Ne presence in the war against the legion.

For the Alliance they have been there and Anduin can't even send a single soldier? Really?

I am pissed!

It's not like Anduin is a real person. He is "written" by ActiBlizz, and he is the leader of the Alliance, so of course he is depicted like a hopeless idiot.
Just accidentally saw some ptr spoilers on youtube regarding the Night Elvea assault. From a lore perspective the Alliance should be bringing the same force they did for Gilneas to bare if not even more so to help the Night Elves.

Out of all the races the Night elves have always been our firm allied in every single war and battle. Ne presence in tbc sylvanar. Ne presence in Dragonblight. Ne presence all over cata and dealing against chogall. Ne presence in karasangi wild and Lion landing. Ne presence in pushing through into draenor. Ne presence in the war against the legion.

For the Alliance they have been there and Anduin can't even send a single soldier? Really?

I am pissed!

Just stop. This post is stupid. If you think the two are even then You simply have brain damage and there is no hope for you. It is blatantly false.
10/12/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Wyspers
while the Kaldorei homeland is being used as a recruiting ground for the Forsaken (also a retcon against Blizzard's own cannon).

Why do people keep bringing this up thinking that Sylvanas can only raise humans? There was even a dev tweet from 2013 about how SIlverpine was canon at it's point in the story stating that Sylvanas couldn't raise non humans at that point but further down the line her power would grow.

it's why she jokes about it with Lor'themar in SoO, it's also why she has a plan to raise Vereesa in war crimes.
10/12/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Skyfury
I don't understand how yall expect to somehow win Darkshore when the bulk of the Hordes forces are only a few territories away, your civilization has been toppled, and settlements destroyed.

Guerilla Warfare won't win Darkshore. That place is done.

I mean, guerilla warfare hasn't worked for them since the orcs first showed up, but they haven't adapted.
10/12/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Nakkiel
Why do people keep bringing this up thinking that Sylvanas can only raise humans?

First off, she can't raise anything other than the mindless undead we saw the siege of the Under City. It is her Valkyr that are doing it, which is why they are so valuable to her. She even made that point clear when she showed them to Garrosh and explained that they would allow her to replenish the loses the Forsaken take in battles.

And the Valkyr have never been show to be able to bring back any thing other than humans or their kind. I don't care that now they can now apparently bring back other races but if you are going to expand their powers in such a way it should be explained and not just another plot device thrown into a cut scene.
10/12/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Jainadain
10/12/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Wyspers
Sylvanas murdered her own people in front of their families to send a message.
night elves murdered their own kin for using arcane magic up until they joined the alliance its actually the reason the blood elves formally highborne at that time left. and guess what night elves are still racist aholes they deserve what they are getting.

It was not Tyrande's decision to exile the Highborne and their leader Sunstrider. He knew the decree for using arcane magics after the sundering was execution. It was the collective mercy that allowed the Highborne to live instead of be executed as was promised. The Kaldorei left the world in peace after the sundering, only to emerge to save it. That is their way.

Ten thousand years later it was Tyrande's decision that saved the Sin'dorei. Without her actions in Lordaeron Prince Kael'thas would have succumbed to Scourge forces swiftly, never leading his people to Outland. The shattered Quel'dorei would have never had sanctuary to reforge themselves. The Highborn, or now the Sin'dorei, owe the Kaldorei people much. In return for their grace they have given them Sylvanas.

The Kaldorei are not morally grey. They are morally black and white. They will kill without mercy anything that stands to interfere with the balance of nature, Azeroth, or their lands.

https://image.ibb.co/ngaihc/night-elf-huntress-by-ixtianart-d86l6w5.jpg

But they will do everything in service to the cosmic forces of life. Healing the lands, cities, and peoples.

https://image.ibb.co/dx9PNp/Tree-of-Eternity.jpg

It is this balance that allows them to be protectors of Azeroth, noble allies, and terrifying opponents. Peaceful, meditative, contemplative, nurturing, and militant.

To say Blizzard missed the mark with this during the long production of their WoW story is generous. But I still have hope. :)

Bandu Thoribas Sin'dorei. If there is any integrity to what these Kaldorei people are on Azeroth no one should feel safe in their favorite lore.
night elves murdered their own kin for using arcane magic up until they joined the alliance

Well I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact the abuse of arcane magic by the Highborne is what lead the Legion to our world. Only to have the HIghborne then betray the rest of the world by joining with the Legion and trying to open a portal big enough for them all to invade.

The NE had a very valid reason for wanting to ban the use of arcane magic in their society.
Anduin will rule Azeroth !
As bad as Sylvanas? When did he try to commit genocide? He didn't have the resources to attack darkshore yet, from what we're told in this shambling mess of a story.
10/12/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Caelin
10/12/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Nakkiel
Why do people keep bringing this up thinking that Sylvanas can only raise humans?

First off, she can't raise anything other than the mindless undead we saw the siege of the Under City. It is her Valkyr that are doing it, which is why they are so valuable to her. She even made that point clear when she showed them to Garrosh and explained that they would allow her to replenish the loses the Forsaken take in battles.

And the Valkyr have never been show to be able to bring back any thing other than humans or their kind. I don't care that now they can now apparently bring back other races but if you are going to expand their powers in such a way it should be explained and not just another plot device thrown into a cut scene.

To be fair, Val'kyr have always been able to bring back elves. That's how dark rangers exist in the first place. They worked for the Lich King until they made a bargain with Sylvannas to escape.
Well i don't think Anduin should send forces to darkshore just to take the land back. but stop the Horde to ressurect a massive amount of NE that going to reinforce the Horde army would be a good reason.
Anduin is trash

Alliance has maybe 3 "leaders" worth a damn, and 2 of them are for allied races, the other is Velen