REMOVE TITANFORGING AND LFR

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
10/19/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Revaniite
Go to classic when it comes out so we dont deal with you here.

no, we dont want him.
10/19/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Tyriellais
Ha. You think anyone ever respected you. Cute.

News flash: Casuals in Classic didn’t give a darn about raiders. The only time half of them noticed them was for the one person on the server with the Scarab Lord title walking around with his one of a kind mount. And that wasn’t respect so much as it was pure anger at Blizzard deciding cool things only belong to dozens of players among millions.

I disagree. I reamember lots of the raiding guilds being tightnit and word did circulate about a few players/trolls/griefers/stealers not to play with.
10/19/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Danerexles
Just make it so titanforging is a set 10 item levels an warforging is a set 5. This way you wont get gear from a normal raid equivalent to a heroic etc....if you want higher item level gear you should actually have to do harder content (what's so bad about that)

but its not they are going to increase it soon so titan can vary between 20-45 levels and war between 10-35 levels. But this helps mythic too because they can forge to much higher levels and progress just as well.
10/19/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Danerexles
10/19/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Primalshock

Why do you care? And why are you allowed to tell others what loot they should and shouldn’t get?

Because if LFR/warfonts/heroic dungeons all have the chance to drop gear that's higher itemlevel than a harder difficulty what's the point of someone trying to do harder content when they can just afk through causal content an be rewarded like they actually did something difficult. Now I'm not saying get rid of the causal content or even get rid of for forging, but forging should be a set limit. 10 for titan 5 for war. This will allow the causal players to still get higher item level rewards than what the base item level drops at but not allow them to get a higher item level then more difficult content. It provides an incentive to do the harder content, to take that 1st step in none queable content an actually be rewarded with something you cant get any where else so it actually means something/is actually worth doing.

All I am reading you want to tell others how to gear up.
That’s your opinion and should understand it’s nothing more than that.
Gear progression is a thing everyone across the board enjoys you take that away then there will be less casuals staying. Less casuals mean less resources. Less resources means less content. And seeing Mythic/heroic raids are more of a perk than a need those will be first to go (maybe the whole raiding scene will to).

Secondly you will always have better gear, and the mythic gear cosmetically beside titles and mounts will tell us you’re a mythic raider.
10/19/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Littlepicker
10/19/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Danerexles
Just make it so titanforging is a set 10 item levels an warforging is a set 5. This way you wont get gear from a normal raid equivalent to a heroic etc....if you want higher item level gear you should actually have to do harder content (what's so bad about that)

but its not they are going to increase it soon so titan can vary between 20-45 levels and war between 10-35 levels. But this helps mythic too because they can forge to much higher levels and progress just as well.

Having titanforging at a set 10 item levels is more than enough help to do mythic progression. 90% of mythic is all about mechanics an raid coordination. Of course having a higher item level helps but that's such a small part of it

News flash: Casuals in Classic didn’t give a darn about raiders. The only time half of them noticed them was for the one person on the server with the Scarab Lord title walking around with his one of a kind mount. And that wasn’t respect so much as it was pure anger at Blizzard deciding cool things only belong to dozens of players among millions.

Not for everyone. When I started playing I shared the similar story of many about seeing someone with raid gear and wanting to be like them. That's why I started raiding, I saw the cool sets and gear you could get and wanted to do what they did.
10/19/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Primalshock
10/19/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Danerexles
Because if LFR/warfonts/heroic dungeons all have the chance to drop gear that's higher itemlevel than a harder difficulty what's the point of someone trying to do harder content when they can just afk through causal content an be rewarded like they actually did something difficult. Now I'm not saying get rid of the causal content or even get rid of for forging, but forging should be a set limit. 10 for titan 5 for war. This will allow the causal players to still get higher item level rewards than what the base item level drops at but not allow them to get a higher item level then more difficult content. It provides an incentive to do the harder content, to take that 1st step in none queable content an actually be rewarded with something you cant get any where else so it actually means something/is actually worth doing.

All I am reading you want to tell others how to gear up.
That’s your opinion and should understand it’s nothing more than that.
Gear progression is a thing everyone across the board enjoys you take that away then there will be less casuals staying. Less casuals mean less resources. Less resources means less content. And seeing Mythic/heroic raids are more of a perk than a need those will be first to go (maybe the whole raiding scene will to).

Secondly you will always have better gear, and the mythic gear cosmetically beside titles and mounts will tell us you’re a mythic raider.

When did I ever say take away gear progression. Getting a lucky 375 titanforge from LFR isnt gear progression it's just a slot machine. Running lfr then normal then heroic then mythic is gear progression an every single person who plays wow can do it. Go look on your realm forums find a guild, or pug some normal until you can pug some heroic etc that's real gear progression.
You just want the chance for the highest level gear for the least amount of effort.
Go back to hello kitty island adventure.
After some thought, I think people will realize it's not so much LFR that is really what people have problems with. It's that LFR gear has a chance to be upgraded to levels that those people wouldn't normally be able to obtain. So again, the issue isn't with LFR, this anger towards it is misdirected anger that is really meant to be directed towards WF/TF.

As most things, it boils down to gear. If LFR gear could straight up never upgrade beyond 350, then people would have less of an issue with it. As soon as the gear can surpass normal raid quality gear, that's when the problem starts.
10/19/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Bladeburst
#REMOVELFR
Ok then they will also remove raiding as a whole as stated in a pass Q&A. So we will not having raiding if we were to get your way. Can't be an adult and ignore LFR can you?
You misspelled The Forums.
10/19/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Abattøir
You misspelled The Forums.
blizzard should shut down the forums
I believe the Warforge and Titanforge system have to go as is. This system should be limited to only a +5 item level increase. This would still make it so the people who are trying to min/max still have a reason to feel like older content or farm status bosses aren't a complete waste of time, while also making older content not feel like a necessity because of the chance something could TF.

Currently TF is an artificial way to make older content (even content that is a whole content tier old) still feel like you should do it because of the "chance". Gear upgrades should be limited to gem slots, tertiary stats (leech, speed, indestructible, add more?), and the +5 item level increase.

One of the best solutions being thrown around to replace WF/TF and still offer player progression is the reintroduction of Valor points. Simply allow gear to be upgraded (to a cap at 5 item levels below the next tier item rewards). Have bosses of raids, bosses at the end of dungeons, PvP matches etc drop reward Valor points (have Valor points drop at the end of M+ dungeons once per dungeon per week, or at a fill the bar cap similar to conquest now based on the amount you've ran not necessarily the difficulty).

An example would be a normal mode piece of gear from Uldir drops at 355. Allow this item to be upgraded up to 365. Heroic Uldir drops 370 and could be upgraded to 380 (Mythic 385, upgrade to 395). This would allow players to become stronger over time to help them progress the content they are in while also still giving them incentive to push into the next tier of difficulty.

Mythic+ rewards would stay as is, 370 currently is the drop level. The weekly cache would contain an upgrade token as stated in first post (either upgrading based on highest level key done or a +15 item level token), a piece of non-Azerite gear, valor points based on highest key done for the week or best time.

I think one change that could be made to M+ currently is not just rewarding people for getting the highest key done, but also based on the best performance. This would deter sales, but also reward people for doing the key well, not just taking three hours to get through a key they really shouldn't be in to begin with. I'm not saying that for some people trudging through a really hard, high level key isn't dun for some, but in reality, if they can't complete it at or near time, they probably wouldn't have that key to begin with.
10/19/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Juggs
I believe the Warforge and Titanforge system have to go as is. This system should be limited to only a +5 item level increase. This would still make it so the people who are trying to min/max still have a reason to feel like older content or farm status bosses aren't a complete waste of time, while also making older content not feel like a necessity because of the chance something could TF.

Currently TF is an artificial way to make older content (even content that is a whole content tier old) still feel like you should do it because of the "chance". Gear upgrades should be limited to gem slots, tertiary stats (leech, speed, indestructible, add more?), and the +5 item level increase.

One of the best solutions being thrown around to replace WF/TF and still offer player progression is the reintroduction of Valor points. Simply allow gear to be upgraded (to a cap at 5 item levels below the next tier item rewards). Have bosses of raids, bosses at the end of dungeons, PvP matches etc drop reward Valor points (have Valor points drop at the end of M+ dungeons once per dungeon per week, or at a fill the bar cap similar to conquest now based on the amount you've ran not necessarily the difficulty).

An example would be a normal mode piece of gear from Uldir drops at 355. Allow this item to be upgraded up to 365. Heroic Uldir drops 370 and could be upgraded to 380 (Mythic 385, upgrade to 395). This would allow players to become stronger over time to help them progress the content they are in while also still giving them incentive to push into the next tier of difficulty.

Mythic+ rewards would stay as is, 370 currently is the drop level. The weekly cache would contain an upgrade token as stated in first post (either upgrading based on highest level key done or a +15 item level token), a piece of non-Azerite gear, valor points based on highest key done for the week or best time.

I think one change that could be made to M+ currently is not just rewarding people for getting the highest key done, but also based on the best performance. This would deter sales, but also reward people for doing the key well, not just taking three hours to get through a key they really shouldn't be in to begin with. I'm not saying that for some people trudging through a really hard, high level key isn't dun for some, but in reality, if they can't complete it at or near time, they probably wouldn't have that key to begin with.

An this is a perfect solution. Bring back valor an justice. Stop with all the slot machines.
REMOVE MYTHIC RAIDS. ADD AWESOMEFORGING.

Awesomeforging = random chance to get +100 ilvls and +3 sockets to any item drop.

Mythic can go away because who even needs that garbage when you get awesomeforged items?

Make this game for slot machine-casuals only and add another 20 mil subscribers. Screw the hardcore edgelords.
It's like people don't understand that the casual crowd of players are what's keeping your game afloat.

It's like people don't do research and realize that if it wasn't for LFR, High tier raiding would be dead, because blizzard wouldn't be able to justify spending so many resources on something only a small fraction of the community ever sees.

Seriously, the Casuals outnumber you at least 10 to 1, probably even more than that. If the casuals leave, your game is dead, and you won't be doing any content.
10/19/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Bladeburst
With the introduction of LFR in CATA the game is being focused around casual bobs. In Vanilla and TBC you had to respect people because they remembered you and if you were rude, you would gain a bad reputation. Thunderforging, one of the more recent changes is just showing how disconnect blizzard is with the playerbase. If we want change then we will get change! #REMOVELFR #REMOVECROSSREALM #REMOVEFORGING

Alliance: Check
Bad attitude: Check
"Unsubbed already and just griping": Check
Insults people with higher ilvls and progression: Check
Reported for trolling: Check
10/19/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Danerexles

Cool things belong to people willing to put the time an effort into obtaining them. If someone wants to play the game for 8 hours every day they deserve to have cooler stuff then someone that plays 8 hours a week.

I don't know, the real tragedy may be that you think you deserve cool things from a video game because you don't work and may live in your parents basement. The thing is time doesn't always equal effort. The guy who shows up and grinds out whatever he can for 2 or 3 hours at a time or raids just on the weekend is just as devoted as you to the game. Just because life didn't bless him with the means to sit in front of his screen for 12 hours a day doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a way to progress.

To be honest I've never understood the complaint from the hardcore player, it's like you think this guy should just sit around in greens and have no way forward because it hurts your feelings that he has gear.
10/19/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Dalgrin
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Cool things belong to people willing to put the time an effort into obtaining them. If someone wants to play the game for 8 hours every day they deserve to have cooler stuff then someone that plays 8 hours a week.

I don't know, the real tragedy may be that you think you deserve cool things from a video game because you don't work and may live in your parents basement. The thing is time doesn't always equal effort. The guy who shows up and grinds out whatever he can for 2 or 3 hours at a time or raids just on the weekend is just as devoted as you to the game. Just because life didn't bless him with the means to sit in front of his screen for 12 hours a day doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a way to progress.

To be honest I've never understood the complaint from the hardcore player, it's like you think this guy should just sit around in greens and have no way forward because it hurts your feelings that he has gear.

No I dont think he should sit around in greens I'm am 100% all for LFR an any other casual content I just dont think that causal content should have the chance drop gear equal to or better then normal or higher.

Causal content isnt the problem. Being able to get super high titanforged gear from the content is.

Also when did I say I didnt work an I live in my parents basement....I play like 10 hours a week, I just do higher end content during those 10 hours. The only reason I'm still subbed is to do the raid Wednesday an Thursday, if I didnt have a guild I run with I would have unsubbed.
10/19/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Juggs
I believe the Warforge and Titanforge system have to go as is.
What actual difference does it make? Having bragging rights?
The game scales up to whatever your able to handle anyway, so at the end of the day none of these numbers matter for anything.
10/19/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Danerexles
No I dont think he should sit around in greens I'm am 100% all for LFR an any other casual content I just dont think that causal content should have the chance drop gear equal to or better then normal or higher.

see above.
Its just numbers and we all know it.
At the end of the day knowing mechanics is what matters. Not your level or ilvl that the game accounts for anyway.