I like Pathfinder, you?

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
I like pathfinder too, but I wish the flying part be on 8.1 and not wait a year or more to fly.
10/24/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Mistblossom
I’m ok with pathfinder. I think flying never should have been added in the first place.

I'm glad you think so. I disagree.

I think they should do exactly what they did in TBC. Add content that requires flying.

Pathfinder is a stupid compromise that shouldn't have been put in, however. It should be available as soon as you hit max level and for gold...not stupid "We're increasing our time in game metric" achievements. Is pathfinder doable? yep...but hardly the point.

Flying should be constrained to the ORIGINAL DESIGN. Ion and his crew have no clue what the hell they're doing.
i dont mind pathfinder and everyone on ground mounts even for the whole xp, but please fix dazzalor so it can work without flying.
Flying should be opened once Pathfinder 1 is complete. If you dont want or don't like flying then you can use a ground mount. Stop forcing what you dont want on players that love flying.
I like it in theory, but the implementation model of Part 1/2 is terrible. Part 1 should be it for flying in the base areas of the expansion, with Part 2/onward being for any new areas patched in. There is no non-arbitrary reason for having to wait months to even begin working on what actually unlocks flight.

Yep, this is exactly how I feel.

That said, the flight whistles and adequate flight paths has made the experience pretty tolerable.

On my demon hunter I learned about some coarse leather barding that makes me unable to get dazed while mounted. That has been a Gamechanger for me on that alliance character who just dinged 120 as I go about riding to world quests. I can ride pretty much straight through without fear of being dismounted or dying (she's a vengeance DH).
Pathfinder works only so long as there is stuff to see.

In Warlords, it didn't work because there was nothing to do. You just logged in, did a daily, did a dungeon, logged out.

In Legion, it worked a little better because there was more stuff going on. World quests made it more tempting because you might take care of one world quest on the way to another. Plus the content was just more interesting.

In BfA, it doesn't work because, again, there's nothing to do. All content is accessed remotely and all world quests aren't rewarding.
Yes I do. I like the part where I can unlock flying permanently for any future alts by doing it once. It’s especially handy for alts on different servers or in the other faction, where you might not have hundreds of thousands or millions of gold to buy flight every 10 levels.

But I understand why people hate it because I used to hate it too. The thing that bothers people is having to go back and grind old content during new content just to have it. I have them all now but I haven’t forgotten Draenor. :/
Part 1 yes. You have to play the game for it

Part 2 hell no due to time gating.

seriously we don't need part 2.
The thing about Pathfinder that I never understood was, why not give everyone an option? Let it exist for those who want to unlock account wide flying. For the rest of us let us purchase flying with gold. What was wrong with the 5k per expansion model?

This doesn't force or ruin anyone else's gameplay experience. Forcing pathfinder does for those of us who hate the idea of forced content.
I'm a fan of it, but that was before they implemented the stupid mob scaling that prevents me from blowing up things and moving on with my day.

Nowadays I can't be assed to even do WQs that require me to kill more than one thing.
BFA is just too small to really need flying. It makes WQ hopping more manageable, but with the FM Whistle its not much of a problem.
10/25/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Neeru
The thing about Pathfinder that I never understood was, why not give everyone an option? Let it exist for those who want to unlock account wide flying. For the rest of us let us purchase flying with gold. What was wrong with the 5k per expansion model?

This doesn't force or ruin anyone else's gameplay experience. Forcing pathfinder does for those of us who hate the idea of forced content.

100% agree.
I don't mind most of pathfinder except for the Reputation requirements. It's not that bad in current content, but it aught to be removed from older content like Legion and WoD.

I also miss flying on a visceral level. The pure joy of pressing spacebar and watching your mount spread its wings and leap skyward! The glory of soaring at will through the trees and over rivers! Being able to watch the sun set behind the mountains from any angle. Flying is breathtaking and joyful.

Do the whistles and flightpaths make it tolerable? Yes, but nothing NOTHING compares with the pure glory and joy of flying. Gating it via time and reputation just feels cruel.
I enjoy pathfinder too, even if it is just a timegate for flying.

Its obviously Blizzards way of incentizing you to explore all the content they worked hard on. But i have no qualms about it.

The biggest advantage to me is that once you have it, you get it on all characters. In zones where you have to buy it, you have to quest on ground until you reach the right lvl and get to the place that sells it to you. Not to mention that you have to purchase it on each and every character.
10/25/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Feldrick
I enjoy pathfinder too, even if it is just a timegate for flying.

Its obviously Blizzards way of incentizing you to explore all the content they worked hard on. But i have no qualms about it.

The biggest advantage to me is that once you have it, you get it on all characters. In zones where you have to buy it, you have to quest on ground until you reach the right lvl and get to the place that sells it to you. Not to mention that you have to purchase it on each and every character.

Yep, it kills me whenever I need to buy that 310% for 5k on every single character. Hurts my bank, that's for sure :c
I like pathfinder too.
It’s especially handy for alts on different servers or in the other faction, where you might not have hundreds of thousands or millions of gold to buy flight every 10 levels.

Err, when was that ever a thing? The most expensive flying has ever been is 5000 gold for 280% upgrade and another 5000 gold for 310% (be exalted with Org or SW and it's only 4k), and neither of those were required to fly. Basic 150% flying got you off the ground for a mere 250 gold in the old world and Outland, another 50 gold for Northrend, and 2500 gold for Pandaria. If one doesn't have 2500 gold by level 90, one has bigger problems than not being able to fly.
Same, I joined at the start of Legion and I love pathfinder, good reward system, another good goal.
10/24/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Phydeaux

More false statements by you. Please stop.

Flight didn't do anything to WPVP.

Yep your right man, Thats why they implemented flying first patch, and not after new devs came in in BC, and said lets add flying and old devs said no......

Thats why we have had non gated flying for every expac in this game.

And no, people able to fly above all the players that would be killing them has zero effect on WPvP at all........

You people need classic, so you can get a reality check.

There was never non gated flight in the game.

Flight is gated first and foremost by level and gold. This is true for the basic through fast flight skills and all area flight licenses. Back then flight was available the minute a player reached the level qualifications and paid the fee. For xpacs this was great because you got to enjoy flight throughout the expac.

Now it's gated by a tiresome list of chores mostly having nothing to do with flight at all and whether you do them or not you won't fly till the xpac is a year old and you don't care anymore.