Skip, skip, skip. Tired of it.

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
People tend to skip stuff in dungeons. Why waste all that time, killing trash?
Are you really saying you feel the dungeons are too short, with too high of a boss/trash ratio, when you do them optimally?

In any event your personal opinion is ultimately irrelevant when it is Blizzard who controls the timers. They made (non-tutorial-mode) dungeons timed content, where the universally agreed strat involves skipping optional content. Trying to blame any individual group or tank for this is silly.
10/26/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Wuhjikô
Take freehold for example.

You pull the 3 packs in the front and move up the stairs (hopefully the pack patrolling is in a good spot) hug the right side on the deck and pull that single pack and run to the boss arena with it.

The funny thing is that there are "levels of skip." The top M+ players actually invis pot to the first boss in Freehold and only take out 1 pack. Why? because they are slow kills vs easier ones later on. Not to mention the warlock portal trick to avoid the last 3 or so packs... etc.

Similar stealth trick used to Rezzan and especially in Underrot where they kill *no* trash to the first boss. None, and first boss cleared in a high key in 90 seconds. They are already past the first boss while the people in this thread probably haven't gotten the first group of ticks down :)

THOSE are skips. The stuff in this thread is simply minor avoidance, and peeps really need to learn at least that much - and also to interrupt fears... i mean really.
10/26/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Grecko
10/26/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Hohee

Pretty much this.
People want the quickest time for M+'s.
So they'll do dry runs. Gotta practice somehow.
People don't like having depleted keys because of screwups. No margin for error.
One death is too many.

So, we need a "Proving Grounds" for Mythic dungeons then?

Random heroics will do just fine
Kicked from Island Expedition for not following the other two. I ran to the Azerite burst. 'Scuse me.
If you want to do higher tier content, make sure you know the dungeons and the standard skips. If you don't want to skip stuff then make your own group and then you can choose your own pace!
10/26/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Tehrrana
Kicked from Island Expedition for not following the other two. I ran to the Azerite burst. 'Scuse me.

I know it's hard to understand but...

it's not all about you.

if you want to do the content your way and only your way, then you need to form a group with people who all want the same thing. If you're pugging, you're going to get people who don't want to do things your way.
10/26/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Tehrrana

For island expeditions I suggest you create a LFG group and get 2 like-minded people. There's 3 kinds of IE groups:

1) Elite farmers, they DO NOT kill mobs, only silver elites for loot at the end.

2) AP farmers who want their weekly done and not go back in it.

3) XP farmers for leveling.

Do not join expecting to have your way, the worst is the elite farmers, who will kick you for progressing it to end too fast.
Why kill things when you can save time? In m+ you try and avoid nasty packs, in m0 people want to just go fast.

If not pulling a pack (or packs) bothers you so much then you should start tanking and setting your own pace.
I group on M+ with my servers number 1 Tank and number 1 DPS (according to Raider.io), both in my guild and let me tell you, you don't have time to think, complain, assess and wonder what is going on.

Let me tell you, while it is fun killing everything, it is also fun going at breakneck speeds to finish a high key with no deaths.

If you go LFG, be prepared for both types and also the third type, those who just can't. If you join a group ask their intentions, otherwise start your own, make them go at your pace.
Temple of Sethralass. No issues other than I kept asking the healer if they needed to stop and drink. My UI shows they never had more than half mana. The more annoying part was that the healer never answered. Go figure.

Tol Dagor. Our healer went AFK almost immediately. The game finally dropped them only for one of the DPS to leave. When the new healer showed up, I pulled two crocodiles. The healer just stood there and did not heal me. After defeating the crocs, I said "Thanks for just standing there, healer." The healer replied "same to u, sweetie." Great. We never got past the first boss as another DPS left followed by our happy healer. I left as well.
Being kicked from I.E. is an entirely different matter. But I've been told in I.E. that you're supposed to follow the tank. Since I was the tank...

I know it's hard to understand but...

Stop.

When you pay my credit card, then you can tell me how to play.

I've played it everyone else's way up until a few days ago. Read the thread. I do not like skipping everything and won't play the game like that.
Dungeon design has never been so gogogo and repetitive. Loot inside themtoo has never been so boring and unexciting.

At this point I dont even understand why they even spend time even making other areas than the straight shot every tank will run through. Obviously they want dungeons to be run in 15-30 mins and for us to keep running them over and over but at least put some effort into making them interesting the 50th time around other than which affix is making whatever adds hell this week.

They force the exact same content over and over now instead of making quality content/difficulties that you'd run once or twice for your weekly lockout. Now we chase 5ilvl buffs on the exact same items for the whole expansion because this is how it is designed with forging and m+ instead of them balancing around a few difficulties. I dont hate the idea of M+, I just think they are a HUGE step down from dungeons before m+ and the community+devs put the final nail in the coffin.

Obvious company expanding in ways to include esports which is very stupid for world of warcraft but you can see alot of companies pushing to cash in on the stream/esport scene while it is active. With how poorly they balance things it is kinda a surprise they even tried to do this but it;s been downhill for quite some time.

Here's hoping they start listening to people. I think they need to include a few non m+ dungeons that are actually detailed and interesting ( you know actual dungeons ) that they balance around the heroic raid level, that you cant queue for in lfg, etc. So like the ravamp of kara but detailed and a reason/story involved with being there that grows as the expansion does and you see more of that dungeon.

I guess to some it would look like Im asking for mini 5 man raids now that dungeons have been warped so much to be gogogo, but I assure you I just want quality dungeons with a progression of sorts. M+ isnt really fun progression at all, it's forced, boring and repetitive, andwhere loot needs to also be the same/limited because they can only design so many to balance for m+ levels and gear ilvls at a time. ( I want what they promised in legion before giving us m+ basically , where kara was supposed to go before they went full m+ esport mode)
10/26/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Tehrrana
Being kicked from I.E. is an entirely different matter. But I've been told in I.E. that you're supposed to follow the tank. Since I was the tank...

False. A few people do follow tanks but most do not, they have plans of what they are going to do regardless of if you like it or not.

I'll repeat it again, this is how island expeditions work:

For island expeditions I suggest you create a LFG group and get 2 like-minded people. There's 3 kinds of IE groups:

1) Elite farmers, they DO NOT kill mobs or open chests or mine, only silver elites for loot at the end.

2) AP farmers who want their weekly done and not go back in it.

3) XP farmers for leveling.

Do not join expecting to have your way, the worst is the elite farmers, who will kick you for progressing it to end too fast.
Heroic Temple of Sethraliss. No issues. Warned the group beforehand that I was brand new to heroics. No one said anything then are up to the end. And I did pull everything up to the Orb room.
Waycrest Manor.

I admit that I honestly did not know this dungeon. I have ran it a few times on the Alliance side. But the corridors were different. Someone in the party said it rotated. I still didn't know the way. "Which way?" I asked. I was kicked and given the thirty minute debuff.

THOSE are skips. The stuff in this thread is simply minor avoidance, and peeps really need to learn at least that much - and also to interrupt fears... i mean really.

Silence has a 30 sec cooldown. I mean really. And while I'm obligated to learn minor avoidance at 107 I'd like you to at least retain a little civility. You should've learned this when you were 5. Thanks.
10/26/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Hirai
10/24/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Bogo
They're practicing the routes and runs for the M+ runs they will want to do. The addition of Mythic+ has meant that in order to run dungeons "the best way possible" you ONLY kill what is needed and you go as FAST as possible.

This is why I hate Mythic+ and think it is the single worst thing Blizz could have done.

10/26/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Sutura
Just because you want to do X does not mean you should subject everyone else to the way you want to place the game. Or play a tank.

Yeah then you get yelled at for pulling an extra group of mobs, in a dungeon where killing the mobs is the majority of your XP gain. Instead of gaining 80% of a levelup out of a dungeon, you only get 40-50% because you skipped most of the enemies in it.

It takes long enough to get a dungeon as it is as a DPS, I'd like to maximize my XP gains. You wanna practice Mythic+, do it in Heroics at Lv120. Don't do it in some Normal where people want XP.

You maximize XP gains by doing the runs as fast as possible. Spending twice as long to get 50% more xp is why skipping trash is the way to go. Killing dungeon trash for xp is one of the slowest ways to level.
You get way more exp from the dungeon completion than clearing the mobs. You honestly lose exp because it takes longer to jump to the next one. (This is assuming you have instant queues for whatever reason)